Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 How About a Drizzt game for PS2
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

darkcrow
Learned Scribe

USA
269 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2005 :  06:42:15  Show Profile  Visit darkcrow's Homepage Send darkcrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I sure wish them game designers would make a video game (I say PS2 only because thats what I have) on Drizzt and based on one of his many books. Not no birds eye view thing like BG. I want it closer up kind of like Resident Evil or something. With different comination buttons for all his alsome moves, like XXO for his famous double down cross. Most games have a Training option in the main screen so you can learn all the moves and stuff before you start the game. You can have Zak training him on all the fighting moves and You can have his sister training him on all the inherited Drow spells like when he was levetating to clean the statue. LOL, yeah, I have been thinking about this unborn game from time to time. But I say it's way over do and should have been released yesterday.

May Tymora smile upon ye

Rory
Seeker

79 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2005 :  08:03:34  Show Profile  Visit Rory's Homepage Send Rory a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would rather see it on the PS 3 and Xbox 360. Better yet I would much rather see a FR fighting game on next gen consoles. There is no reason to wish for anything on old hardware and after seeing Need For Speed on the PS 2 and Xbox 360 the PS 2 is now old. Please no PC gamers jump in and say it was old four years ago understand. I have a low bar.
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2005 :  14:41:31  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, you do get to play Drizzt for one level in Demon Stone, which is awesome. It's got great graphics and the story was written by Salvatore.

I doubt they will make a game that thorough on Drizzt, though. And my gosh, after playing Call of Duty 2 all weekend on my 360, I would love to see a Drizzt game on it!!!

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

Khaa
Seeker

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2005 :  13:17:29  Show Profile  Visit Khaa's Homepage Send Khaa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes i have to admit that would be awesome. But why shouldn't they put it on the psp for Drizzt fun anywhere!

Ever want another forum? Well try out www.icewinddale.com
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2005 :  14:28:26  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
True - they could have it in FPS - and WiFi on PSP could open Artemis, Bruenor, Catti-Brie, Jarlaxle, et al. That way when you and your PSPing buddies get together, it's a Drizzt-themed fragfest.

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

Beezy
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2005 :  15:54:12  Show Profile  Visit Beezy's Homepage Send Beezy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can imagine how cool it would be to play as Drizzt leaving his home city and fighting his way out of the underdark. I was not that huge fan of Demon Stone. I got to a certain part and I had to break through some portal but at the same time keep killing the wizards casting a spell to block the portal and I could not get my NPCs to kill the wizards as I broke down the portal or vice ver sa so I kinda gave up on it but it was not bad for the price I paid for the game.
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2005 :  16:19:44  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm, I really enjoyed Demonstone a lot. I have actually played through it a couple of times. But then again, I do have Lockwood's portrayal of Zhai hanging up in my living room, so it shows I am a fan.

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

Beezy
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2005 :  20:41:22  Show Profile  Visit Beezy's Homepage Send Beezy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did like the game but I never got aroudn to replaying that level where I got really frustrated. I have been busy with school work, but I will definitely play the game over. I will most likely have to restart
Go to Top of Page

Rory
Seeker

79 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2005 :  07:34:29  Show Profile  Visit Rory's Homepage Send Rory a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I’m just sick of the Japanese lock on fighting games. Its not that they dont deserve the lock. If you ask me the last two Virtual Fighters are as great as great can be, even DOA 4 is a very polished game, it captures martial arts fairly well and its fun but the characters are so pretentious and shallow. Soul Caliber has some decent characters but the sword juggling is kinda fake. That is the main game that needs an M rating.

I would love to see the Battlerager from Bruenor’s clan fighting the Darkhope woman that leads the Zhents military in arcades around the world. Controlling the Icewind Dale heroes in a five player online game with action in the same vain as Ninja Gaidens would be sweet too. That would be gorgeous too. I still would rather have a fighting game that would deal with a huge void and add new character, flavor and soul to pretentious genre.
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2005 :  14:48:14  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, a fantasy fighting game might be neat, but most people who flock to a D&D marketing icon will want adventure and not straight up fighting. But then again, look what they did with Marvel vs. Capcom. Guess it could happen!

C-Fb

Go to Top of Page

Khaa
Seeker

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2005 :  15:37:41  Show Profile  Visit Khaa's Homepage Send Khaa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are just so many possibilities, They need to get crackin'!

Ever want another forum? Well try out www.icewinddale.com
Go to Top of Page

Belthor
Seeker

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2005 :  23:49:56  Show Profile  Visit Belthor's Homepage Send Belthor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, after beating the game in extreme mode, you could play Drizzt. The problem was that after unlocking Drizzt, it wasn't much fun because my other character was so much tougher than he was. I still only have a Gamecube, so whatever might be released, I hope it comes out on the Cube as well.

If the rest of humanity were only as smart as my familiar......
Go to Top of Page

Rory
Seeker

79 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2005 :  19:18:20  Show Profile  Visit Rory's Homepage Send Rory a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CrennenFaerieBane

Well, a fantasy fighting game might be neat, but most people who flock to a D&D marketing icon will want adventure and not straight up fighting. But then again, look what they did with Marvel vs. Capcom. Guess it could happen!

C-Fb

Aye thats what I say Wizards needs to think out of the box. An arcade fighter would add people to the flock and give them a fighting engine for action adventure games and action RPGs. I would like to see a deep story mode in the fighter. Maybe they could create each charcters real battles from the novels/comic book.
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2005 :  01:44:05  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Make it look and act something like NWN and I feel that a Drizzt game would be outstanding
Go to Top of Page

Milith holder of HB8
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2005 :  04:36:47  Show Profile  Visit Milith holder of HB8's Homepage Send Milith holder of HB8 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Revolution would be the best console for a drizzt based game, but since Nitendo dosn't really go well with 3rd party games it probably won't happen.

Hey, babe, see my shiny teeth as I smile my very best wolf smile- Ed Greenwood.
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2006 :  05:47:50  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CrennenFaerieBane

Well, you do get to play Drizzt for one level in Demon Stone, which is awesome. It's got great graphics and the story was written by Salvatore.

*nods*

One of the best levels of the game was playing Drizzt!

quote:
I doubt they will make a game that thorough on Drizzt, though. And my gosh, after playing Call of Duty 2 all weekend on my 360, I would love to see a Drizzt game on it!!!

I was always hoping for a Demonstone 2, it's still possible on 360, but the days of the Lord of the Rings engine are wearing thing, so I doubt we'll see another one unfortunately... especially not with games like God of War 2 coming to PS2 and GoW3 on PS3.

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

Drakul
Senior Scribe

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2006 :  14:52:31  Show Profile Send Drakul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I too have Demon Stone and I beat the game. You get some awesome gear after you beat it.

SPOILER below

Your fighter gets Red Dragon Armor.

(P.S. I would love to see a game based on Drizzt and his adventures)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDonLNKf6_KA9Qlal3Qu3zQ?view_as=subscriber

Edited by - Drakul on 05 Mar 2006 14:53:47
Go to Top of Page

ode904
Learned Scribe

Finland
193 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2006 :  07:15:11  Show Profile Send ode904 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I loved Demon Stone, good graphics and story including Drizzt... A whole game about Drizzt would be wonderful!
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2006 :  07:26:01  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Play the old Menzoberrazan SSI game for a Drizzt game. You can recruit him into your party fairly early. ;)

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2006 :  10:26:57  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For Drizzt game, it should be on a platform of either XboX 360 or PS3 where the graphics and sound would honor and do justice to Drizzt fighting maneuvres. PC platform? I won't favor it as it might demand greater graphics and so on. I prefer using established powerful platforms to play it.

What we really need is a VR simulation style of Drizzt where the player can simulate Drizzt in a VR world, that would be more fun.

Besides that, new storylines and new fighting maneuvres are needed for a new Drizzt game.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

Lord of the Undead
Acolyte

6 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2006 :  03:30:11  Show Profile  Visit Lord of the Undead's Homepage Send Lord of the Undead a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shadovar
What we really need is a VR simulation style of Drizzt where the player can simulate Drizzt in a VR world, that would be more fun.

VR gaming currently seemed experimental and quite hazardous(in any crisis, the player's mind can be sort of trapped in the VR world) but I still say it would change the gaming perspective and experience by allowing the player to be "Drizzt" in an artificial computer simulated world.

The dead do not rest easily, for they do have useful uses at times...for a master necromancer.
Go to Top of Page

Chyron
Learned Scribe

Hong Kong
279 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2006 :  07:19:19  Show Profile  Visit Chyron's Homepage Send Chyron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Drizzt, Drizzt, Drizzt...

Am I the only one here who has had his fill of this character? Sure he was and is a great character, I liked the book series alot and the PnP references too. I liked the publicity that he gave to D&D and the Realms...but do I have to come across him in nearly every PC/Platform game that has a FR on the label? Is there no one else in all the realms who can pick up the mantle? I would not mind to see 'other' characters of Mr. Salvatore's in some games (If memory serves I have seen Jarlaxle and Cadderly make cameos, but can't recall the games off hand...I am thinking BG2 or NWN) How about the Bouldershoulder brothers? Or from other novels...characters like Dorn (YoRD)or Valas Hune (WotSQ).

Personally I would like to see the return of some 'old-school' characters...Alias and Dragonbait, or The Knights of Myth Drannor....

Just My Thoughts
Chyron :)

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36784 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2006 :  10:12:33  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chyron

Drizzt, Drizzt, Drizzt...

Am I the only one here who has had his fill of this character?

Nope. There's a lot of us who feel Drizzt has already had way too much air time. In fact, my first thought when I saw this scroll was "oh gods, someone wants to see more of him?"

I don't dislike Drizzt, and I'll be the first to admit that he's done good things for the game. But it'd not bother me any if the character was retired. I want to see other characters get some of the limelight, not just more Drizzt.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

TheInsaneCalling
Acolyte

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2006 :  08:41:18  Show Profile  Visit TheInsaneCalling's Homepage Send TheInsaneCalling a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, a Drizzt game would be cool, if only they fashioned it after a game like God of War, but allowed GTA style movement around Faerun. that would be totally awesome. especially on the nezt gen platforms. they could continuously keep adding new levels for you to donwload onto your 360, or PS3's hardrive. Something that would be incredibly awesome would be allowing Artemis Entreri to be a playable charcter and give him his own story line. Along with Jarlaxle. Those are the only three great charcters in the book series, not saying the other aren't good. They would also have to add create a evil drow priestess. cuz who wouldn't want to be the master of chaos in the Underdark.
??????

Can You Hear The Voices?
Screaming For Release
Go to Top of Page

Eluril
Acolyte

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2006 :  12:32:08  Show Profile  Visit Eluril's Homepage Send Eluril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Belthor

In Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, after beating the game in extreme mode, you could play Drizzt

Is that in the 1st Dark Alliance???
I know you can play as Drizzt in Dark Alliance 2 after you complete the game,but haven't played the 1st one yet....
Go to Top of Page

Winterfox
Senior Scribe

895 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2006 :  12:37:56  Show Profile  Visit Winterfox's Homepage Send Winterfox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chyron
I would not mind to see 'other' characters of Mr. Salvatore's in some games (If memory serves I have seen Jarlaxle and Cadderly make cameos, but can't recall the games off hand...I am thinking BG2 or NWN)

Jarlaxle has a cameo in BG2. Cadderly has a cameo in neither game.
Go to Top of Page

Eluril
Acolyte

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2006 :  12:54:20  Show Profile  Visit Eluril's Homepage Send Eluril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ode904

I loved Demon Stone, good graphics and story including Drizzt... A whole game about Drizzt would be wonderful!

Agreed!
Would like to see a game based on the Dark Elf Trilogy perhaps,
then a sequel based on the Icewind Dale Trilogy etc...!
A Demon Stone 2 would be nice as well on the PS3 when it comes out!!!
Go to Top of Page

Winterfox
Senior Scribe

895 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2006 :  13:02:22  Show Profile  Visit Winterfox's Homepage Send Winterfox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, if a Drizzt game does come out, I'll at least have the dubious pleasure of being an RPG elitist beotch and scorning said game for being a mindless fighting game.

Edited by - Winterfox on 27 Jul 2006 13:03:01
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2006 :  14:33:05  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Winterfox

Well, if a Drizzt game does come out, I'll at least have the dubious pleasure of being an RPG elitist beotch and scorning said game for being a mindless fighting game.

Do you have to be so negative?

There...there...um...there could be an interesting plot in the game and lots of dwarves and lots of character interaction...um...whom the hell am I kidding

It would be a mindless fighting game, since everything that came out after BG2

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

FridayThe13th
Learned Scribe

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2006 :  02:10:36  Show Profile  Visit FridayThe13th's Homepage Send FridayThe13th a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, if you hate mindless fighting games(which can be a little annoying after a while), you could always make a Final Fantasy type game with the turn-taking system and all. The plot woudn't be untouched and you will still have great gameplay.

"The Lady of Pain? You mean Loviatar runs this place?"
-- Torilian Prime

"You guys should seriously rename yourselves The Horny Society, you popularity would soar."
-- A miscillaneous Kender to a member of the Horned Society
Go to Top of Page

Winterfox
Senior Scribe

895 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2006 :  09:25:06  Show Profile  Visit Winterfox's Homepage Send Winterfox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Uh-huh. FF-type games aren't RPGs. So... no.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000