Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Blackstaff (Contains Spoilers)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Zeboaster of Ordulin
Acolyte

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  00:32:15  Show Profile Send Zeboaster of Ordulin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Basically,

[Note SPOILERS]

Tsarra has assumed the guise of the Khelben "Blackstaff" Arunsun. This means that right after the events of the novel, she is a Lord of Waterdeep, head of the Moonstars and mage teacher at Blackstaff Tower. We don't know what happens subsequent to that.

What is likely is that she might relinquish one or both of the first two offices. It's a crime to masquerade as a Lord of Waterdeep, so she may reveal herself to Peirgeiron who may decide to keep her on as a Lord. Or not. I doubt she'd get far trying to masquerade as one - although if that suits your Realms and campaign, that's fine as well.

She may have a better chance of masquerading as Khelben in terms of his leadership of the Moonstars, but canny members such as Malchor may soon find her out. This one is up in the air at present.

She will definitely continue 'being Khelben' in terms of a presence in Waterdeep and a presence in his wizard school in Blackstaff Tower.

She is not a Chosen of Mystra.

To correct one small point.

Khelben is no longer a Lord as of 1374. Didn't he bail out when he started up his new group?

I just finished this book about 15 minutes ago, and it was FANTASTIC. One of the finest Realms books I've read. Well done, Steven.

Zeboaster, a distinguised character known for his sarcasm and perfumed beard, is currently in hiding after making one too many witty and/or truthful remarks.

FRA p96
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  01:18:24  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He had rejoined, if I remember correctly. I'd check my CoS:W, but I've not yet replaced it...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 20 Aug 2007 01:18:44
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  01:32:14  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed, Khelben did. See pg. 53.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Warrax
Learned Scribe

Canada
128 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2007 :  21:29:17  Show Profile  Visit Warrax's Homepage Send Warrax a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This was a really entertaining novel; I rather enjoyed Tsarra learning more about Khelben (and learning more about Blackstaff tower and Maskar Wands).

Good stuff.
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2007 :  19:06:18  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Warrax

This was a really entertaining novel; I rather enjoyed Tsarra learning more about Khelben (and learning more about Blackstaff tower and Maskar Wands).

Good stuff.

Thank you very much; I'm glad people are still discovering (or at least finally getting to) the novel a year after it launched.

Steven

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2008 :  22:56:57  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

quote:

Good stuff.

Thank you very much; I'm glad people are still discovering (or at least finally getting to) the novel a year after it launched.

Steven

How about two years, lol. Everytime I had money, no one had the book, but did when I didn't have the money, go figure. Excellent book Steven, I enjoyed it emmensly, and can't wait for Blackstaff Tower to come out in the next few days. THIS time, I put some gold away ahead of time.

~Kes

Ack! I seem to have too much blood in my coffee stream!

When did 'common sense' cease to be common?
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2008 :  00:05:24  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kes_Alanadel

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

quote:

Good stuff.

Steven

How about two years, lol. Everytime I had money, no one had the book, but did when I didn't have the money, go figure. Excellent book Steven, I enjoyed it emmensly, and can't wait for Blackstaff Tower to come out in the next few days. THIS time, I put some gold away ahead of time.

~Kes

Humble thanks from the author for seeking it out and reading it, Kes.

I think you'll be rewarded by having the first novel fresh in your mind by picking up little tiny details in the 2nd novel.

Hope you enjoy it as much as the first, if not moreso.

Steven

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2009 :  18:37:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Two years on, I'm just going to add my own voice to the chorus: this was one of the best Realms novels I've ever read. It was awesome, and I loved all the little details you put in, Steven.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000