Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 I'm not gone-I'm back for the goodness of Faerun
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Exilion
Seeker

60 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2003 :  11:27:28  Show Profile  Visit Exilion's Homepage Send Exilion a Private Message  Delete Topic
Well, hello thieves, wizards, half elves, and other creatures who I'm not welcoming under my greeting. Anyway, people are seemingly happy that I have been banned from this great website. Okay, Alaundo has banned me five times this year. But, I am not happy at the way some of you creatures have been behaving towards me. I go, you celebrate. I come back you bully me and pick on me. Yes, if you were fantastic creatures like Faerun is supposed to be holding in its wake, it would be fantastic. But, you seem to think that if I come back, "Oh no, Exilion is herre, let's run before he jacknives the forums." I'll tell you a story. Karinthias has been walking through the Red Woods of Wisdom, and he comes across a small hamlet, mainly sheep and cow crofts. The main wizard respects Karinthias and welcomes him, makes him part of the family of Red Hamlet. He starts to know some people there, and he meets a very welcoming old scribe who believes that everyone has a right to be welcomed here. But the rest of the hundreds of scribes who live and work there, think that because he is one big outsider, who has never been there before, they're gonna say, " Oh, him. Don't speak to him, don't make him welcome in our family." Got me yet? Well, Karinthias's good friend oppposes this motion and falls out with a hech of a lot of scribes. That good friend leaves the hamlet to start a whole new life in a whole better place in the Realms.

I, sadly, can relate to that story I just wrote. I have many friends on this site who, not only have been saddened ands unjustified by what has been going on on Candlekeep considering newcomers, have also left to start their realmslore life on a whole new, better and more welcoming site. I hope you have learned something from what I have said, as this could be well my last post. I, Exilion, am probably leaving your realm, to start a fresh, in a much better society; I am not willing to tell you where, though.

Regards with deepest affection

Bring forth power unto my reign

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2003 :  11:38:32  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message
Awwh, that is so cute.

If you are leaving, why come back to tell us? Nobody here pity you. At least I do not. Perhaps I should let others speak for themselves.

-Echon

"If others had not been foolish, we should be so."

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Exilion
Seeker

60 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2003 :  11:41:50  Show Profile  Visit Exilion's Homepage Send Exilion a Private Message
Well, let's just say, good for you. I don't pity myself, and I am certainly not a romantic self indulger, like you say I am.

Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2003 :  11:46:04  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Exilion

Well, let's just say, good for you. I don't pity myself, and I am certainly not a romantic self indulger, like you say I am.

Have you actually read that story about the poor Karinthias/Exillion and the evil, evil scribes that you posted?

-Echon

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Exilion
Seeker

60 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2003 :  11:49:20  Show Profile  Visit Exilion's Homepage Send Exilion a Private Message
Yes, I have. May it be just to say that this is a riddle about you and zemd? I think so.

Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2003 :  11:53:35  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Exilion

Yes, I have. May it be just to say that this is a riddle about you and zemd? I think so.

You are paranoid. And it is probably going to get worse when you enter pupity. Well, hopefully you will get over it some day.

-Echon

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2003 :  12:27:57  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message
Exillion,

Have you ever heard of the term 'cry wolf', and where it came from. (I can't recall the full parabel, but know its meaning.) Where maybe some people have been judging and sticking labels on you which you deem unfair, you haven't really proven yourself not to deserve these.

Going back through some of your posts on this site, there are several which are supportive and constructive to the idea and concept of this forum and website, but there are just as many that are close to offensive and destructive. If you could stick to just that first catagory of posts, you would be as welcome on this site as anyone else.
Go to Top of Page

Ditalidas
Learned Scribe

Netherlands
127 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2003 :  13:48:47  Show Profile  Visit Ditalidas's Homepage Send Ditalidas a Private Message
In Dutch we say: Treat another as you want to be treated yourself...

'All that is' is also 'All that is not' for the one cannot exist without the other.

Sweet Water and Light Laughter
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2003 :  15:43:07  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message
Exillion,

I have extended you nearly no end of respect and tolerance.

I don't mind if you want to CONTRIBUTE to the site constructively. I do mind when you take someone's name to another forum in petty revenge.

If you don't like what someone says about you or says to you, perhaps you should evaluate the causes of the situation. If you want a resolution to whatever issues you are encountering it would serve you better to discuss that with the person, not running around declaring how "rude" they are.

Your credibility is shot, ever since you started the thread trashing Alaundo. I believe I can truthfully say that Alaundo has unilateral support and respect here, especially from those of us who take the exchange of ideas and information seriously.

When you disrespect him, you do us all a grave insult.

I was relieved when you left for a reason, Exillion. I do not like petty arguments, insults and one-line comments. If you want respect and kindness, SHOW SOME.

A last word of advice (and this is CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM)...

Buy a dictionary and a thesaurus and look up the words that you want to use. Your usage is often quite....off.

Artalis

Email

Edited by - Artalis on 14 Feb 2003 16:41:11
Go to Top of Page

Kitira Gildragon
Learned Scribe

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2003 :  16:12:32  Show Profile  Visit Kitira Gildragon's Homepage Send Kitira Gildragon a Private Message
I welcome you back, Exilion, if you do wish to return, but do not think for a moment that I forgive, respect, or trust you; I have not forgotten your attacks against Alaundo and the general disrespect you have showed a good portion of this community. I suggest you tread these halls quietly and with more respect than previous times.

-Space for rent-
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2003 :  17:03:14  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message
Well Met

Firstly thank you all for your support
I hope Exilion has found happiness within the Skullport forums, but also hope that he has learnt a lesson on how to treat fellow members on the forum over there.

Anyway, that said, lets close this tome and get back to some serious Realmslore

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly