Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Grand Catalog of Realms Fiction
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2005 :  21:08:57  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I have compiled a list of every piece of fiction set in the Realms, this has been and continues to be a labor of love on my part. Now the time comes to ask assistance from my fellow scribes to bring this project to completion. In the following list, I ask that those of you with the knowledge (or the time to look it up) to fill in the blanks. If you see "Year:", "Location:", or "Main Characters:" with no info listed, post it here and I will add it. Also, any additions or corrections may be posted here. If anyone wants to contribute a brief synopsis of their favorite short story, or if any of the authors who visit our forums would like to post an overview of their own story, please do so in the Anthology Overviews thread. Due to the size of the list, I am breaking this up into several smaller pieces, focusing on a few series at a time, once these are complete I will move on to the next. Once we have completed this listing, Alaundo will host it here in Candlekeep.

The Cities
City of Ravens, The
Year:
Main Characters:

Temple Hill
Year:
Main Characters:

Jewel of Turmish, The
Year: 1370
Main Characters: Haarn Brightoak, Borran Klosk

City of Splendors: Waterdeep
Year:
Main Characters:

The Double Diamond Triangle Saga
Abduction, The
Year: 1377
Main Characters:

Paladins, The
Main Characters:

Mercenaries, The
Main Characters:

Errand of Mercy
Main Characters:

An Opportunity for Profit
Main Characters:

Conspiracy:
Main Characters:

Uneasy Alliances

Easy Betrayals

Diamond, The

Realms of the Arcane

Prologue, Interlude, Epilogue (Frame Story)
Wes Nicholson
Year:

Wishing You Many More
David Cook
Year:

Secrets of Blood, Spirits of the Sea
Cunningham, Elaine
A wemic loremaster shames his inquisitive elven captors with a tale about curiosity taken to extremes: the legend of the sahuaguin's creation. This story is set in the distant past, before the Crown Wars, and focuses on the relationship between a Illithiri (dark elf) necromancer and his wemic captive.
Year:

Bread Storm Rising
Dupree, Tom
Year:

When Even Sky Cities Fall
King, J. Robert
Year:

The Grotto of Dreams
Anthony, Mark
Year:

A Narrowed Gaze
Cook, Monte
Year:

The Whispering Crown
Greenwood, Ed
Year: 902; Kythorn

The Lady and the Shadow
Athans, Philip
Year: -390

Shadows of the Past
Thomsen, Brian
Year:

Tertius and the Artifact
Grubb, Jeff
Year:

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Edited by - Xysma on 16 Nov 2005 15:02:57

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36784 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2005 :  21:38:14  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This may help, even though it's sadly out of date: Presenting . . . Seven Millennia of Realms Fiction

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36784 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2005 :  21:42:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BTW, I don't think the Oroon Rising tales are FR. And you might want to break this list into smaller, more manageable bits, so people can see what does and does not need to be filled in more readily.

Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2005 :  01:09:17  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

This may help, even though it's sadly out of date: Presenting . . . Seven Millennia of Realms Fiction

I used that quite a bit in putting this together, I also used Smyther's "Novel Areas" thread.

Xysma's Gallery

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Edited by - Xysma on 15 Nov 2005 01:28:50
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2005 :  01:12:42  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

BTW, I don't think the Oroon Rising tales are FR.
They aren't. As I recall, THO told us they were not exclusively "Realms-based" tales.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2005 :  01:20:48  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

BTW, I don't think the Oroon Rising tales are FR. And you might want to break this list into smaller, more manageable bits, so people can see what does and does not need to be filled in more readily.

I thought about that, what do you think would be more manageable?

Xysma's Gallery

Edited by - Xysma on 15 Nov 2005 01:22:37
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2005 :  01:22:15  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

BTW, I don't think the Oroon Rising tales are FR.
They aren't. As I recall, THO told us they were not exclusively "Realms-based" tales.

Cool, thanks Sage, I'm going to remove those then.

Xysma's Gallery

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36784 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2005 :  02:40:26  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Xysma

quote:

Break the list up into more manageable chunks, and concentrate on a piece at a time. Your existing list is good, but it takes a while to simply scroll to the bottom of the post -- so trying to read it, or even skim over the list, would take a good chunk of time.

I'd break it into something like 3 trilogies or one anthology per section. Get all the info on those, then move on to the next one. If you have to skip one, come back later with a "what about these?" list that contains missed/incomplete entries.

That's my two coppers.

Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2005 :  15:24:15  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Break the list up into more manageable chunks, and concentrate on a piece at a time. Your existing list is good, but it takes a while to simply scroll to the bottom of the post -- so trying to read it, or even skim over the list, would take a good chunk of time.

I'd break it into something like 3 trilogies or one anthology per section. Get all the info on those, then move on to the next one. If you have to skip one, come back later with a "what about these?" list that contains missed/incomplete entries.

That's my two coppers.

Sounds good, I'll do that.

Xysma's Gallery

Go to Top of Page

Smyther
Learned Scribe

Canada
121 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2005 :  06:03:33  Show Profile  Visit Smyther's Homepage Send Smyther a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I used that quite a bit in putting this together, I also used Smyther's "Novel Areas" thread.

Good to see my thread being put to good use!

So sayeth the Smyther, the Dark Bard of Amn.
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2005 :  15:01:02  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Smyther

quote:

quote:

Good to see my thread being put to good use!

Yeah, thanks for that, it was a tremendous help

Xysma's Gallery

Go to Top of Page

Dremvek
Seeker

70 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2005 :  23:00:11  Show Profile  Visit Dremvek's Homepage Send Dremvek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if you could add some sort of flag or marker to these that show which sets of books are true trilogies, meaning you should read them in a certain orders (Hunters blades trilogy, for instance), and which sets of books are just sets of books, meaning you can read any or all, but they don't really have any plot correllation between each others (Like The Rogues series, for instance).

I'm someone who likes to read a story from start to finish once I get going - even if that story spans multiple books. Therefore, I don't like reading book one in a brand new series if it might be a couple of years before I can finish the story.

Just a suggestion. Thanks :)
Go to Top of Page

Belthor
Seeker

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2005 :  01:42:06  Show Profile  Visit Belthor's Homepage Send Belthor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with Dremvek. If there was a way to separate them, it would be a huge help to those that are new to the realms.

If the rest of humanity were only as smart as my familiar......
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2005 :  16:02:19  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Belthor

I agree with Dremvek. If there was a way to separate them, it would be a huge help to those that are new to the realms.

In my list, the Series that are made up of stand alone novels are marked with an *

Xysma's Gallery

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000