Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Goblin Lore
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tathral
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2005 :  02:40:51  Show Profile  Visit Tathral's Homepage Send Tathral a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm looking to find some lore on goblins so I can use them as PCs. Why goblins? They're as a good halfling alternative as I can find, and I was getting tired of iconic, jolly, short people. I'm looking for anything that expands on the "Goblins as PCs" in the MMI, anything about the goblinoid Pantheon (I believe that F&A mentions one, but doesn't give the specifics), any info on when goblins started appearing in the realms (again, F&A says something about portals, but not much more), and any place that has subrace stats for goblins (eg, the [blue?] goblins that are mentioned in "Beyond the High Road").

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2005 :  03:09:56  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Blue I believe is in the XPH...but other than that I can't help much...sorry.
~Kes

Ack! I seem to have too much blood in my coffee stream!

When did 'common sense' cease to be common?
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2005 :  03:17:41  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Monster Mythology and On Hallowed Ground has info on the pantheon.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2005 :  04:00:04  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Old Legends and Lore also has a kickin' write up of Maglibuyet - who looks very awe-inspiring in his pose - but nothing compared the the craziness of Yeenoghu!

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2005 :  04:20:50  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Races of Faerun has information on the Goblinoid races.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2005 :  04:21:50  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, and there was a 2E book that had information on humanoid races as characters, but I can't think of what it was called.

News of the Weird

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2005 :  04:29:07  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warlockco

Oh, and there was a 2E book that had information on humanoid races as characters, but I can't think of what it was called.

The Complete Book of Humanoids. :) Reverse Dungeon also let you play goblins.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 12 Nov 2005 04:29:42
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2005 :  04:48:37  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:
Originally posted by warlockco

The Complete Book of Humanoids. :) Reverse Dungeon also let you play goblins.

Thanks, that is what I thought it was, but it was too obvious, so I disregarded it

News of the Weird

Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2005 :  07:43:37  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tathral

(eg, the [blue?] goblins that are mentioned in "Beyond the High Road").

Xvarts is what you are looking for here I believe. I can't recall having seen them in 3e stats...
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2005 :  08:44:20  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mumadar Ibn Huzal

quote:
Originally posted by Tathral

(eg, the [blue?] goblins that are mentioned in "Beyond the High Road").

Xvarts is what you are looking for here I believe. I can't recall having seen them in 3e stats...

A new subrace of Goblins was introduced with the Psionics Handbook, the Blue, which is a Psionic Goblin, who is generally blue in coloration.

Xvarts if I recall correctly from the old lore were related to Kobolds.

News of the Weird

Go to Top of Page

Darkheyr
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2005 :  09:51:51  Show Profile  Visit Darkheyr's Homepage Send Darkheyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Demihuman Deities holds a nifty bit of information too. Unless I'm confusing the english name of the book.

silm.pw - A Neverwinter Nights Persistent World

Edited by - Darkheyr on 12 Nov 2005 09:52:19
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2005 :  14:51:07  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Xvarts will be updated for 3.5 in the next issue of Dragon, the yearly "Campaign Classics" issue, which apparently is going to have a section on old edition monsters updated for the first time.
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2005 :  01:13:54  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnightErrantJR

Xvarts will be updated for 3.5 in the next issue of Dragon, the yearly "Campaign Classics" issue, which apparently is going to have a section on old edition monsters updated for the first time.

Nice

News of the Weird

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000