Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Character Level/Timeframe List of FR Adventures
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2005 :  01:16:47  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
The following list came about when I had a crazy idea about setting a campaign far enough back that characters could at least hit most of the major events and adventures in the history of the Forgotten Realms. In order to sort them out, I had to assign current (3.5) character levels to them, as well as dates.

Character levels are problematic between editions, but I did the best I could. I must say that there are indeed some strange entries in the appropriate size/level party field in some of the older modules, especially when several of them recomend party sizes upwards of 8-10 characters.

There are likely some mistakes in nearly every field, as some of them I am sure I missed the date, or perhaps the starting region of the module. Let me know and I'll gladly amend the listing. Also, I did not include any of the adventures from the boxed sets, or from Dungeon magazine. If anyone wants to let me know what the stats are for those, I'll gladly add them as well. Finally, if you have dates for the Zakharan modules, or anything that I didn't get dates for, let me know, and I'll update.

I doubt anyone could follow through on my insane idea of playing through most of these, but it is kind of interesting to see how many of each level exist, as well as the timeframe associated with them. I will also play devil's advocate and say that some dates don't matter nearly as much as others, since their events are very localized and don't come into "canon" much.

Let me know what you think everyone, and hopefully it will be useful for someone.

Lords of Darkness, “Skeletons” (1st Level)(Village of Daufin)(Any)

Lords of Darkness, “Zombies” (1st Level)(The Lonely Moor)(Any)

Swords of the Daimyo, “Riders of the Black Temple” (1st Level)(Kozakura)(1360 DR)

Treasure Hunt (1st Level)(Korin Archepelago)(Any)(Originally designed for 0-level characters)

Under Illefarn (1st Level)(Daggerford)(1357 DR)

Nightwatch in the Living City (1st Level)(Raven's Bluff)(1358 DR+)

Ruins of Adventure (1st Level)(Moonsea)(1340 DR)(Campaign Style Adventure)

Haunted Halls of Eveningstar (1st level)(Cormyr)(1358 DR+)(Campaign Style Adventure)

Cities of Gold (1st Level)(Maztica)(1363 DR)

Doom of Daggerdale (2nd Level)(Dalelands)(1369 DR)

Fires of Zatal (3rd Level)(Maztica)(1363 DR)

The Accursed Tower (3rd Level)(Sword Coast North)(1368 DR+)

Lords of Darkness, “Ghouls and Ghasts” (4th Level)(Any)

Sword of the Dales (4th Level)(The Dalelands)(1369 DR)(Part of the Daggerdale Trilogy)

The Secret of Spiderhaunt (4th Level)(The Dalelands)(1369 DR)(Part of the Daggerdale Trilogy)

The Return of Randal Morn (4th Level)(The Dalelands)(1369 DR)(Part of the Daggerdale Trilogy)

Sons of Gruumsh (4th Level)(Thar)(1372DR or later)

Lords of Darkness, “Shadows” (5th Level)(Any)

Swords of the Daimyo, “Lord of the Black Temple” (5th Level)(Kozakura)(1360 DR)

Endless Armies (6th Level)(Maztica)(1363 DR)

The Dungeon of Death (6th Level)(The Silver Marches)(1368 DR)

Pool of Radiance: Assault on Myth Drannor (6th Level)(The Dalelands)(1372 DR)

Stormriders (7th Level)(The Hordelands)(1360 DR)(Part of the Empires Trilogy)

The Wyrmskull Throne (7th Level)(Tethyr)(1367 DR+)

Pharoah (7th Level)(Raurin Desert)(Before 1357 DR)(Part of the Desert of Desolation Trilogy)

Ochimo, The Spirit Warrior (7th Level)(Shou Lung)(1357 DR)

Ronin Challenge (8th Level)(Shou Lung)(1352 DR)(Tied to Test of the Samurai)

Night of Seven Swords (8th Level)(Kozakura)(1356 DR)

Oasis of the White Palm (8th Level)(Raurin Desert)(Before 1357 DR)(Part of the Desert of Desolation Trilogy)

Swords of the Daimyo, “Over the Waves We Will Go,” (8th Level)(Kozakura)(1360 DR)

Shadowdale (8th Level)(Cormyr)(1358 DR)(Part of the Avatar Trilogy)

Marco Volo: Departure (8th Level)(1367 DR)

Marco Volo: Journey (8th Level)(1367 DR)

Marco Volo: Arrival (8th Level)(1367 DR)

Jungles of Chult (8th Level)(Chult)(1364 DR)

Test of the Samurai (9th Level)(Wa)(1352 DR)(Tied to Ronin Challenge)

Mad Monkey Versus Dragon Claw (9th Level) (T'u Lung)(1358 DR)

Lost Tomb of Martek (9th Level)(Raurin Desert)(Before 1357 DR)(Part of the Desert of Desolation Trilogy)

Lords of Darkness, “Mummies” (9th Level)(Northwest Anauroch Border)(Any)

Egg of the Phoenix (9th Level)(Empyrea)(Before 1357 DR)(Not set in the Forgotten Realms, but characters in this adventure end up in FR7, The Savage Frontier)

Lords of Darkness, “The Tombs of Dekon Thar” (9th Level)(The North)(Any)

Black Courser (9th Level)(The Hordelands)(1360 DR)(Part of the Empires Trilogy)

Tantras (9th Level)(Shadowdale)(1358 DR)(Part of the Avatar Trilogy)

Waterdeep (9th Level)(Tantras)(1358 DR)(Part of the Avatar Trilogy)

Curse of the Azure Bonds (9th Level)(Cormyr)(1357 DR)

UnderMountain: The Lost Level (9th Level)(UnderMountain)(1368 DR)

Lords of Darkness, “Vampires” (10th Level)(Large City)(Any)

Lords of Darkness, “Ghosts” (10th Level)(Countryside)(Any)

Blood Charge (10th Level)(The Hordelands)(1360 DR)(Part of the Empires Trilogy)

UnderMountain: Maddgoth's Castle (10th Level)(UnderMountain)(1368 DR)

Into the Dragon's Lair (10th Level)(Cormyr)(1371 DR)

City of the Spider Queen (10th Level)(The Dalelands)(1372 DR)

Lords of Darkness, “Oriental Spectres” (11th level)(Kozakura)(Any)

Four From Cormyr (12th level)(Cormyr)(Between 1367 and 1371 DR)

Castle Spulzeer (12th Level)(Tethyr)(After 1353 DR)

The Forgotten Terror (12th Level)(Ravenloft)(After 1353 DR)(Not set in the Forgotten Realms, but tied to Castle Spulzeer)

Halls of the High King (12th Level)(Moonshaes)(1361 DR)

Hellgate Keep (12th Level)(Silver Marches)(1368 DR)

Hordes of Dragonspear (12th Level)(Sword Coast)(1367 DR+)

For Duty and Deity (12th Level)(?)(The Abyss)

UnderMountain: Stardock (14th Level)(UnderMountain)(1369 DR)

How the Mighty Are Fallen (14th Level)(Ancient Netheril)(-339 DR)

Lords of Darkness, “The Dread Lair of Alokkair” (15th Level)(Shadowdale)(Any)

Bloodstone Pass (17th Level)(The Cold Lands)(1358 DR)(1358 DR)

The Mines of Bloodstone (17th Level)(The Cold Lands)(1358 DR)

Bloodstone Wars (17th Level)(The Cold Lands)(1359 DR)

The Throne of Bloodstone (18th Level)(The Cold Lands)(1359 DR)

Nightmare Keep (20th Level)(Cormyr)(Between 1359 and 1371 DR)

Ninja Wars (?)(Wa)

Blood of the Yakuza (?)(Wa)(1357 DR)

Golden Voyages (?)(Zakhara)

Assasin Mountain (?)(Zakhara)

A Dozen and One Adventures (?)(Zakhara)

Secrets of the Lamp (?)(Zakhara)

Ruined Kingdoms (?)(Zakhara)

Cities of Bone (?)(Zakhara)

Corsairs of the Great Sea (?)(Zakhara)

Caravans (?)(Zakhara)

Reunion (?)(Zakhara)

Kidnapped (?)

Edited by - KnightErrantJR on 21 Oct 2005 15:55:31

Kianna
Learned Scribe

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2005 :  04:03:46  Show Profile  Visit Kianna's Homepage Send Kianna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Come run it for us....

Huzzah!
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2005 :  04:13:20  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh heh . . . I still have fantasies of quitting my job and DMing full time, but unfortunately the kids get grumpy when they don't have a roof over their heads . . . or food . . . you know . . . they're pretty spoiled.

But seriously . . . I have been trying to analyse which groupings you could sling together to form an "Adventure Path," as far as level, time, and geography permit. The first step was to compile everything. Of course, I still want to throw some Maztica and Kara-Tur trips at my PCs, and I may even be able to use the Maztica modules for my player's cleric of Helm, but I'm not sure about working it in yet.

I do beleive that the next campaign I run, I will start at least a year before the Time of Troubles, so I can work in all that fun Gondegal and Lashan fallout in Cormyr and the Dales . . .
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2005 :  11:32:23  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kidnapped isn't on your list...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2005 :  15:54:06  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, it isn't. I had forgotten about that one, and it also brings me to a quandry that I had, namely if I should include RPGA adventres as well. Wasn't too much of a quandry though, since in the end, if I didn't have it, and I didn't have access to either the module or some source for it, then it wasn't going in. As I said, if anyone has these, and the dates, etc., I'll gladly throw them on. So Kidnaped will go on, but I've no ancillary information for it . . .
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2005 :  01:13:06  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay, this is an open call to anyone that wants to help with this. I would like to add the adventures from the boxed sets (the ones that are actually adventures, not just set piece encounters) and the adventures that have appeared in Dungeon magazine. If anyone can help me identify these adventures, and help me to isolate if nothing else, what the original party composition was supposed to be (so I can try and alter it to the stardard 4 character 3.5 party levels), as well as the possible dates of the adventures (even if its just a matter of "it must be after the ToT, or it must before Azoun dies, etc.)

I appreciate everyone that wants to help out on this one, and thanks.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000