Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 how Hard to run Underdark w/ 4 16th lev PC
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lonesome Drow
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2005 :  01:03:18  Show Profile  Visit Lonesome Drow's Homepage Send Lonesome Drow a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I want to run Underdark, how hard will it be to run it with 16th level PCs?

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2005 :  02:32:48  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What are you talking about?? Underdark is a sourcebook, not an adventure.

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2005 :  03:00:31  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
or does he mean City of the Spider Queen?

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2005 :  14:44:17  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, if it is in relation to City of the Spider Queen, your party might be a bit too high of level to truly enjoy the game. You could tweak up the bad guys to make them more powerful - include Draegloths or fiends of that type, but it wouldn't be very fun for your adventurers at their current level in the current state of the adventure.

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2005 :  14:49:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CrennenFaerieBane

Well, if it is in relation to City of the Spider Queen, your party might be a bit too high of level to truly enjoy the game. You could tweak up the bad guys to make them more powerful - include Draegloths or fiends of that type, but it wouldn't be very fun for your adventurers at their current level in the current state of the adventure.

C-Fb

On the other hand, having a higher level party would give you plenty of room to play around with the extended suggestions for altering the adventure in the PGtF....mmm...Cabrath Nelinderra the yathrinshee...
Go to Top of Page

msatran
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2005 :  17:28:04  Show Profile  Visit msatran's Homepage Send msatran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, if he just wants encounters, just give him some interesting ideas.

One of my favorites is "The Underdark Waystation."

There's no one at the waystation when the PC's arrive, but the building is there, there's a place to tether horses, and a nice fresh pool of water for the PC's to refill their canteens. Most PC's might be a little wary, but watering holes exist in other places, why not the Underdark?

When the PC's move to fill their canteens, or cast spells on the building, the Waystation attacks. :) Warning, mimics of colossal size have TONS of hit points and natural armor.

But it IS a 16th level party...
Go to Top of Page

Lonesome Drow
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2005 :  15:46:40  Show Profile  Visit Lonesome Drow's Homepage Send Lonesome Drow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry I meant to say "In the Underdark". We have since moved on with that idea.

I thank you for your posts.

I DM 2 groups. One 16th level and another 6 level. The 6th level group is based in Cormyr (see other post)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000