Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The NEW test! Which of the Seven?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2005 :  22:32:58  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hey all,

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=14875101960019632351

Perhaps you remember the Archmage test? Well, here's the second one out by that same reprehensible, time-wasting, overly creative author.

I spent more time making sure the scoring was appropriate on this one, but there might still be some leaks. For such, I apologize in advance.

There are EIGHT possible outcomes to this test, like the first one. Each of the seven, and a mysterious eighth option, just in case you don't fit as any of them. Hmm. . .

I myself am, apparently, Lady Alustriel, a decision I largely agree with.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 30 Sep 2005 23:16:15

Thysl
Seeker

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2005 :  23:01:15  Show Profile  Visit Thysl's Homepage Send Thysl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[That happens all the time. Ignore him. . . Wait. Did ye say "handsome?"]

Best part of the test!

There are as many nights as days, and the one is just as long as the other in the year's course. Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word 'happy' would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.
--Carl Jung
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2005 :  23:05:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a question about Question 8. What is a game of "cat and moose"?

I got Laeral Silverhand. I think it's my whimsical nature that did that.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2005 :  23:08:48  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Well, Wooly, as I recall, 'twas ye who pointed out my previous spelling error, so I'll just say that I make them only for ye. ;)

EDIT: I went back and checked, and it seems to say mouse. Curious. Is thy scroll-reading machine (computer) acting up, or are ye having trouble with thy animals, my dear hamster?

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 30 Sep 2005 23:11:32
Go to Top of Page

Narithal
Acolyte

Canada
11 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2005 :  23:19:06  Show Profile  Visit Narithal's Homepage Send Narithal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got Storm Silverhand.

-Narithal
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2005 :  23:28:22  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

quote:

Well, Wooly, as I recall, 'twas ye who pointed out my previous spelling error, so I'll just say that I make them only for ye. ;)

EDIT: I went back and checked, and it seems to say mouse. Curious. Is thy scroll-reading machine (computer) acting up, or are ye having trouble with thy animals, my dear hamster?

Cheers

Nope, it's still there. Question 8 -- there was two questions that mentioned "cat and mouse", but the other question was correct.

quote:
Playing a random, magic-soaring game of cat and moose with my latest paramour, giving birth to long-lasting legends about unidentified flying lasses.

And since we're on the subject... From Question 17:

quote:
A tight braid, laced through with gems and fine ribbons for state occasions, loose for the bedroom, which waftes in epic fashion when I cast my spells.

I don't believe that "wafts" is supposed to have an "e" in it.

I'm not trying to nitpick or anything, and I hope no offense is taken... It's just that I'm good at finding typos -- they jump right out at me, most times.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 30 Sep 2005 23:29:17
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2005 :  23:34:29  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, and I liked the approach of having the bard ask the questions. 'Twas a nice spin on it.

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2005 :  23:36:04  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm not trying to nitpick or anything, and I hope no offense is taken... It's just that I'm good at finding typos -- they jump right out at me, most times.

Ah, excellent. Hold up. . . Done.

Thanks for the heads up. No offense at all. Typos happen to the most accurate of us.

Thanks -- Alin makes a good mouthpiece.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 30 Sep 2005 23:36:51
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2005 :  23:36:51  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Simbul...

HAHA. It fits most of the time. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  00:22:08  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
16 I clearly obect to so did not answer, some of the others (answered appeared to limit options too much).

18 also skiped becauase of conotations and not any answer close.

Not sure if 24 applies to any Chosen at all, number of children.

Also intisive questions before getting a reply.

I hardly am "Dove Falconhand" whomever she is (OK I know whom she is, but not reply I exppected at all).

Not sure how it was weirgthed and answers I did not, could not give becauase all unaceptible certainly could have effected the scoring.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  01:56:16  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I taken the test and somehow I got Alustriel Silverhand, because the message implies "Your legends imply 34 Caprice, 53 Steel vs Art, and 38 Outlandishness!" And I don't understand what that sentence means anyway.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  02:07:10  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Laeral Silverhand for me as well.

I was expecting the Simbul to pop up, but I'm not as surprised by Laeral as I should be I suppose .

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  03:03:56  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shadovar

I taken the test and somehow I got Alustriel Silverhand, because the message implies "Your legends imply 34 Caprice, 53 Steel vs Art, and 38 Outlandishness!" And I don't understand what that sentence means anyway.

It clearly scrores a few factors. The use of blade vs, discussion/spell is clear to me (Steel vs Art). Outlandish would tend to indicate how uncommon you are, IOW outstandanding and remembered, perhaps for years later (even prehaps becoming a legend). Caprice appears to indicate how chaotic one is.

It would be. I infer, a scroring based on existing lore of which of the seven scroce high in some areas. I did not even try to look at webpage source to try to discover the critiara of this test designer. What we have presented are questions that should repersent not only atibutes of any of the Seven, but also an 8th (that might not be Chosen) based on answers given.

As a side note I did not like what mage you are as well for its results.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  03:22:18  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got...Alustriel!

My favorite of the Seven Sisters is actually Storm, though. Cute test, though I wonder why Alin hasn't been eaten by a dragon yet *wink*.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  03:41:28  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got Storm Silverhand, which comes as no surprise. Fun quiz Erik.

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

Mkhaiwati
Learned Scribe

USA
252 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  03:56:03  Show Profile  Visit Mkhaiwati's Homepage Send Mkhaiwati a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got......

Lhaeo
Your legends imply 32 Caprice, 37 Steel vs Art, and 29 Outlandishness!

"Oops, I seem to have mistaken ye for another. How terribly awkward." [whistles and retreats]

Scribe of Elminster, Maker of Tea, Scolder of Children. . . oh, and Haedrak II, King of Tethyr.

hmmm.... I guess my masculinity shines through the disguise!

Mkhaiwati

"Behold the work of the old... let your heritage not be lost but bequeath it as a memory, treasure and blessing... Gather the lost and the hidden and preserve it for thy children."

"not nale. not-nale. thog help nail not-nale, not nale. and thog knot not-nale while nale nail not-nale. nale, not not-nale, now nail not-nale by leaving not-nale, not nale, in jail." OotS #367
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  04:19:11  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hm . . . I got Alustriel this time. And I got Khelbun on the last one. Perhaps this is a sign that I should go into politics?
Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  04:49:47  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm....Dove Falconhand here. 'Bout right methinks, lol

Ack! I seem to have too much blood in my coffee stream!

When did 'common sense' cease to be common?
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  05:37:08  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm, Got El on the Archmage Test, and go the Simbul on this one (99% in all 3 categories for her too).

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  07:33:08  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
99% of Outlandishness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got Sylune, o man I love those tests!! And I am still waiting for a "!what deity of the realms should you worhip" test....

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  08:09:36  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got Alustriel. Most of the questions were really weird.

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Thysl
Seeker

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  08:10:20  Show Profile  Visit Thysl's Homepage Send Thysl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
got......

Lhaeo
Your legends imply 32 Caprice, 37 Steel vs Art, and 29 Outlandishness!

"Oops, I seem to have mistaken ye for another. How terribly awkward." [whistles and retreats]

Scribe of Elminster, Maker of Tea, Scolder of Children. . . oh, and Haedrak II, King of Tethyr.

hmmm.... I guess my masculinity shines through the disguise

Haha! Me too, We're manly men, oh wait, we're Lhaeo...
I was shooting for Dove or Storm, oh well, guess I'll make some tea...

There are as many nights as days, and the one is just as long as the other in the year's course. Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word 'happy' would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.
--Carl Jung
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  14:52:08  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmph. I ended up as Laeral, but then again, I went along with some of the more leading questions to make sure that happened.

Lhaeo's in the mix, huh? Interesting option..... Wish I had the time and inclination to make a "Which noble of Tethyr's Court are you?" Maybe once they invent the 25th and 26th hours in the day....

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  15:48:25  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Maybe once they invent the 25th and 26th hours in the day....

This is a thought that lately pops into mi mind usually...

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Go to Top of Page

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  17:36:30  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got the Simbul. First Halaster, now the Simbul. What is this saying about me?!?

Melfius, Pixie-Priest of Puck - Head Chef, The Faerie Kitchen, Candlekeep Inn
"What's in his pockets, besides me?"
Read a tale of my earlier days! - Happiness Comes in Small Packages

Edited by - Melfius on 01 Oct 2005 17:38:58
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  17:37:15  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Melfius

I got the Simbul. First Halaster, now the Simbul. What is this saying about me?!?

I would be worried Melfius...

Go to Top of Page

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  17:39:46  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thelonius

quote:
Originally posted by Melfius

I would be worried Melfius...

And well you should be! METEOR SWARM!!!! Bwahahahahaha!

Melfius, Pixie-Priest of Puck - Head Chef, The Faerie Kitchen, Candlekeep Inn
"What's in his pockets, besides me?"
Read a tale of my earlier days! - Happiness Comes in Small Packages
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  17:52:33  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ouch! I really didn't expected that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Beezy
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  18:36:45  Show Profile  Visit Beezy's Homepage Send Beezy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got Lady Alustriel
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2005 :  18:44:02  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I`m confused. As I already said, I got Alustriel. But in the arch-mage test(which was a lot easier to understand)I got Manshoon. Twice. And those two don`t seem to be very much alike. Do I have a split personality complex?

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2005 :  02:37:35  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by khorne

I`m confused. As I already said, I got Alustriel. But in the arch-mage test(which was a lot easier to understand)I got Manshoon. Twice. And those two don`t seem to be very much alike. Do I have a split personality complex?

Sounds like you want to Rule People.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page