Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 BG2-SoA - Monster Questions
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

knight_of_the_rose
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2003 :  01:00:26  Show Profile  Visit knight_of_the_rose's Homepage Send knight_of_the_rose a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
what do you find is the most effective way to destroy golems?
and is there ANY way AT ALL to destroy iron golems?

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2003 :  09:02:19  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote

A visitor from Krynn. How interesting.

Golems are easy to destroy. All you need is a weapon of +2 enchantment (in most cases) and in the case of Clay Golems, a weapon that causes blunt damage (Clay Golems are immune to slashing and piercing damage).

In the case of Iron Golems, you need +3 weapons of any type. The same goes for Adamantite Golems, however, these monstrosities are highly resistant to all kinds of damage.

BioWare apparently decided that mages should have the ability to destroy golems as well so if you try, you will find that Melf's Minute Meteors will damage nearly every kind of golem, af far as I remember.

The most effective way? Use Crom Faeyr.

-Echon

"If others had not been foolish, we should be so."

-William Blake

Edited by - Echon on 31 Jan 2003 09:05:17
Go to Top of Page

Ranaghar Tsaran
Learned Scribe

Poland
133 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2003 :  14:11:36  Show Profile  Visit Ranaghar Tsaran's Homepage Send Ranaghar Tsaran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed, as Echon said...use blunt weapons!!!

"Do not be afraid of greatness. Some achieve greatness, some are born great, and some have greatness thrust upon them..."
Go to Top of Page

Bellua Aeneus Lacerta
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2003 :  02:37:27  Show Profile  Visit Bellua Aeneus Lacerta's Homepage Send Bellua Aeneus Lacerta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some kind of poison gas through the doorway works well, also.
Go to Top of Page

Echon
Senior Scribe

Denmark
422 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2003 :  14:03:59  Show Profile  Visit Echon's Homepage Send Echon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bellua Aeneus Lacerta

Some kind of poison gas through the doorway works well, also.

Cloudkill? If it does, it is a bug. (Cloudkill seems to damage Illithids as well, despite their 90% magic resistance).

-Echon

"If others had not been foolish, we should be so."

-William Blake
Go to Top of Page

Bellua Aeneus Lacerta
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2003 :  00:09:49  Show Profile  Visit Bellua Aeneus Lacerta's Homepage Send Bellua Aeneus Lacerta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seems like it was cloudkill. Had to be a wand though I think.
Go to Top of Page

Edial
Acolyte

Romania
16 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2003 :  00:23:09  Show Profile  Visit Edial's Homepage Send Edial a Private Message  Reply with Quote
in case you`re unfortunate enough to find a magic golem - know that you can only damage it using _normal_ weapons, ie. weapons which aren`t enchanted. _blunt_ weapons which aren`t enchanted.

Edial Lyonson, proud Silverstar of Selune.
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2013 :  08:34:01  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been strong enough to use magic before, but I think that was a bug. Maybe not though.

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000