Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Novel availability (FR Authors please read!!)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2003 :  22:09:57  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Ok this is a bit of a rant, but also a, hopefully, constructive point for FR authors out there who may read this......

First of all my disadvantage as far as WotC products are concerned, is that I live in the UK..... where WotC distribution is abysmal to say the least. However, D&D\FR products do eventually turn up in some selected stores, maybe a month or so later that the release date. However, FR novels VERY RARELY appear! I would expect that novels would have a wider distribution as they would go to not only hobby stores but also bookstores and large newsagent chains (as they used to in the days of TSR), but this is not the case. I have never seen ANY of the War of the Spider Queen novels in the shops at all. Nor the Return of the Archwizards! I have to order 99% of FR novels thru Amazon, which means waiting months until there are enough to warrant the shipping costs!

FR authors, PLEASE look after your interest in your novels and get on to WotC about this........ your novels are NOT getting to their audience and your fans. This is very frustrating for myself and no doubt many other fans.

WotC need to sort this problem out, its not getting any better and is damaging to the Realms. I should have to hunt for their products, it should be there, waiting for me. White Wolf do it, so do many other publishers, I can pick up their products the very same week it was released...... whats WotC excuse?!?

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2003 :  06:01:55  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it might be because Americans are so centralized and isolationist. They don't pay much attention to the world unless it affects them directly -- i.e., Iraq and NATO. The most recent non-Middle East international story I've seen here on the nightly news was a mention that bananas are likely to get more expensive. I have to wait up until midnight to get the BBC on either the radio or one of the public broadcast channels if I want a world view.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2003 :  07:58:14  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rad, could it be that it is linked to the UK distributor and not WotC? I recently went to visit a bookstore in Budapest to look for FR products. To my great surprise I found them ... in Hungarian ... no English copies. Some of the novels relatively recent for translated products...

Guess I'll have to look for another store to find the english versions...

Go to Top of Page

lowtech
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2003 :  15:38:42  Show Profile  Visit lowtech's Homepage Send lowtech a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

I think it might be because Americans are so centralized and isolationist. They don't pay much attention to the world unless it affects them directly -- i.e., Iraq and NATO. The most recent non-Middle East international story I've seen here on the nightly news was a mention that bananas are likely to get more expensive. I have to wait up until midnight to get the BBC on either the radio or one of the public broadcast channels if I want a world view.

Let's not start real world political debates, those create tension and can go on forever (take it from a Political Science major). Its unrelated to decisions made by private corporations, anyway.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000