Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Your favorite book
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lost Elph
Seeker

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2003 :  04:08:30  Show Profile  Visit Lost Elph's Homepage Send Lost Elph a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Here`s something I`ve been woundering what book/s are your favorite?
I have two the first one I read Curse of the shadowmage and Masquerades Kinda weird that both are in The Harpers Trilogy.
Well just wounder.

Edited by - Alaundo on 22 Jan 2003 18:14:34

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2003 :  04:39:47  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
aha! I've found you!!!

anywho, my favorites would have to be just about all of the ones I've read. I love the Song and Swords series (except thornhold. I didn't care for that one much), all of the Drizzt books I've read, and some of the books like Realms of Valor and what not.

i think there's too many to pick just one fav.

"What's that," asked Mogget.
"Sardines," said Sam. "I knew they were standard rations, so I got a few tins for you."
"What are sardines?" Moggest asked suspiciously. "And why is there a key? Is this some sort of Abhorsen joke?"
Abhorsen by Garth Nix

"What you made a vampire...Pomeranian?!" --Hannibal King from Blade Trinity

~Sadie
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2003 :  05:08:12  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
NOBODY likes Thornhold. I think what happened is that Cunningham submitted a draft to the editors, and they said, "Hey, good job. But we want you to end the Harpers series for us." Of course, you can't "end" a loose series like the Harpers that easily. But they were the editors, and so she had to rewrite, and this was the result. It started out alright, but then it went bad. A bit like the life story of that tuna casserole in my fridge . . . .

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2003 :  16:10:42  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I have liked all of the Drizzt books, but if I had to pick one book, I think I'd pick Starless Night by R.A. Salvatore.
Go to Top of Page

Phineas of Oghma
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2003 :  21:56:42  Show Profile  Visit Phineas of Oghma's Homepage Send Phineas of Oghma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elaine Cunningham's Elfsong is my favorite. I've yet to find a pairing of protagonists in the Realms collection better than Arilyn Moonblade and Danilo Thann.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2003 :  11:09:42  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This really is a tough question...

For FR products, id definately say the FRCS!
For novels, its a VERY hard choice and I dont think I can really say I have a favorite. I guess its between Shadows Witness, Shattered Mask, Veiled Dragon, Dissolution..... well, you see what i mean!

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2003 :  11:58:23  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Products: Lands of Intrigue, Empires of the Shining Sea, FRCS. A wealth of detail and excellent sources for DMs

Novels: hmmm I'd say currently the Sembia series (excl. Heirs of Prophecy) Though I like Salvatore's books, I don't rate him that much more special then some of the other FR authors.
Go to Top of Page

Lost Elph
Seeker

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2003 :  04:59:19  Show Profile  Visit Lost Elph's Homepage Send Lost Elph a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So true its hard to pick just one...Curse of the Shadowmage was the very first FR book I read so that one is my fav...hehehe I wont let anyone touch it. (kinda bad huh?)

I`m not lost, my dreams are.

I am one of those people who go through life unseen, but I don`t think of it as a bad thing, no I think of it as an opportunity
Go to Top of Page

Bellua Aeneus Lacerta
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2003 :  19:02:32  Show Profile  Visit Bellua Aeneus Lacerta's Homepage Send Bellua Aeneus Lacerta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really, really, really liked "Elminster; Making of a Mage". There, I said it. I don't care what some of you will say.

(sticking fingers in ears)
LA LA LA LA LA LALALALALALALALALA
Go to Top of Page

jason12345
Acolyte

Afghanistan
19 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2003 :  21:23:34  Show Profile  Visit jason12345's Homepage Send jason12345 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, what is my favorite book? That is a hard question considering I only read for school. I would have to say the best book I ever read was the Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire book. That was a great book and I cant wait for the 5th one in the series.

"Beans are neither fruit nor musical"

-Bart Simpson
Go to Top of Page

Kitira Gildragon
Learned Scribe

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2003 :  13:03:13  Show Profile  Visit Kitira Gildragon's Homepage Send Kitira Gildragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm.. I'd have to ditto the Elfsong, but that's only because I haven't read many others yet and it was my first. Jewel of Turmish is my second fav.

-Space for rent-
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000