Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Lights! Camera! ACTION!!!!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sariss Eldariss
Acolyte

Lesotho
11 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  19:13:55  Show Profile  Visit Sariss Eldariss's Homepage Send Sariss Eldariss a Private Message  Delete Topic
Well again,
This is a thread that I had previously posted on the Wizards FR forum, I just wanted to know what you at candlekeep thought. If, hypothetically, you were given an almost unlimited buget and were asked to create a FR movie. What arc would the movie(s) cover and who would star in them?

Until next,
Sariss Eldariss

Faramicos
Senior Scribe

Denmark
468 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  19:58:42  Show Profile  Visit Faramicos's Homepage Send Faramicos a Private Message
I would make a movie over the Dark Elf trilogi. It should be with unknown actors so that you wouldent have any prior ideas or feelings about them. If the Dark Elf Trilogi could be as well adapted to the big screen as LOTR then it could make me completely ecstatic.

"When dragons make war, worlds can only tremble in the shadow of angry wings"
Go to Top of Page

Forge
Learned Scribe

USA
218 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  20:03:25  Show Profile  Visit Forge's Homepage Send Forge a Private Message
A movie of one of the Harpers novels would be good, or perhaps the Moonshaes books. The biggest thing I would see with the Dark elf books is having the ENTIRE cast having to be made up (believeably) as Dark elves.
Go to Top of Page

Faramicos
Senior Scribe

Denmark
468 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  20:06:07  Show Profile  Visit Faramicos's Homepage Send Faramicos a Private Message
It would be a daunting task. But imagine the wonders of the underdark brought to the big screen in all its glory and the life of Drizzt portrayed to perfection like with LOTR. I shiver by the thought of it... It could be so cool.

"When dragons make war, worlds can only tremble in the shadow of angry wings"
Go to Top of Page

Forge
Learned Scribe

USA
218 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  20:15:50  Show Profile  Visit Forge's Homepage Send Forge a Private Message
Yeah it could be, and with an unlimited budget it might just happen, but personally I would prefer something a little less ambitious and less prone to falling on it's face ala some OTHER D&D movies that have been done.
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  21:09:21  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message
I'd prefer an original story with new characters (perhaps with a "cameo" made by some famous Realms-dignitary, such as Elminster or Drizzt. Barring that I'd probably go not with a trilogy, but with something that could stand as a one-shot movie. For example, Elfsong, Finder's Bane, Streams of Silver, or maybe one of the stories from the Sembia-series.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett

Edited by - Kajehase on 27 Jul 2005 21:13:25
Go to Top of Page

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2005 :  00:17:41  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message
I'd go with the Sembia Series. It gives you an in-depth look at a small group of characters, plus additional info on one city. From there, you expand outward to encompass other, larger areas of the Realms.

Melfius, Pixie-Priest of Puck - Head Chef, The Faerie Kitchen, Candlekeep Inn
"What's in his pockets, besides me?"
Read a tale of my earlier days! - Happiness Comes in Small Packages
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2005 :  00:31:50  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
The possibility of an FR movie is one that has been discussed often in these halls. In fact, here's the thread where it was most recently discussed. In the interest of keeping our shelves tidy (and avoiding Big Al and his staff of the irritated moderator +5 ), I'd like to ask everyone to continue this discussion in the linked thread.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000