Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Spellcasting Prodigy
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Forge
Learned Scribe

USA
218 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  18:15:00  Show Profile  Visit Forge's Homepage Send Forge a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
In the FR source book it lists Spellcasting Prodigy in 2 places, once in brief and once in detail. In the brief description it says that the feat increases the DC of spells cast, in the detail it omits this.

Which is it?

Arlenion
Acolyte

36 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  18:25:13  Show Profile  Visit Arlenion's Homepage Send Arlenion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remember the WOTC website talking about this. Try looking at the FR FAQ.
Go to Top of Page

Thureen Buroch
Learned Scribe

169 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2005 :  00:29:50  Show Profile  Visit Thureen Buroch's Homepage Send Thureen Buroch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It increases the DC. It allows the spellcaster to cast spells from one class as if his/her key spellcasting ability for that class were two points higher. The DC increase is not an exception. Keep in mind, not saying something is true isn't the same as saying that something is false.

Goblins? *Slash* *Scream* *Thunk* What goblins?
Go to Top of Page

Proc
Acolyte

Canada
32 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2005 :  03:14:01  Show Profile  Visit Proc's Homepage Send Proc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was under the strong impression that this feat only increased a spellcasters ability score for the purposes of bonus spells, NOT DC's as well. I believe it was updated in the Player's Guide To Faerun.

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2005 :  04:39:24  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In the FRCS, the feat allows you to treat your primary spellcasting ability score as 2 points higher than the actual value for determining bonus spells and DCs. In the PGtF, it only applies to determining bonus spells.

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

thom
Seeker

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2005 :  17:27:49  Show Profile Send thom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Proc

I was under the strong impression that this feat only increased a spellcasters ability score for the purposes of bonus spells, NOT DC's as well. I believe it was updated in the Player's Guide To Faerun.

Proc is dead right (unfortunately). Richard Baker discussed on the WOTC boards why they changed this; it had to do with play balance.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000