Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Melf is a Father again
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

katherinna
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2005 :  02:28:11  Show Profile  Visit katherinna's Homepage Send katherinna a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
MELF IS A FATHER AGAIN LETS ALL CONGRATULATE HIM

katherinne in rp 18 real 30

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2005 :  02:33:33  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Melf!

I just recently entered the halls of fatherhood myself, so I know only too well how ecstatic you must be feeling right now...

What can you tell us about the little bundle of joy?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2005 :  03:39:16  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations to Melf and Mrs. Melf!

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2005 :  04:02:06  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, the bundle has not arrived as of yet. Mrs. Melfius isn't due until January 10th. We just found out.

But, thank you all for your congrats!

Melfius, Pixie-Priest of Puck - Head Chef, The Faerie Kitchen, Candlekeep Inn
"What's in his pockets, besides me?"
Read a tale of my earlier days! - Happiness Comes in Small Packages
Go to Top of Page

Anthor The Unforgiver
Acolyte

Turkey
15 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2005 :  06:28:49  Show Profile  Visit Anthor The Unforgiver's Homepage Send Anthor The Unforgiver a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Melfius.

The gods may forgive you,
BUT I WON`T

My name is Anthoriavalas, but people call me Anthor.
Go to Top of Page

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2005 :  07:21:12  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats! That's wonderful news!!!

"What's that," asked Mogget.
"Sardines," said Sam. "I knew they were standard rations, so I got a few tins for you."
"What are sardines?" Moggest asked suspiciously. "And why is there a key? Is this some sort of Abhorsen joke?"
Abhorsen by Garth Nix

"What you made a vampire...Pomeranian?!" --Hannibal King from Blade Trinity

~Sadie
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2005 :  09:42:38  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Congratulations indeed, Melfius Now, back to the kitchen...thy pans are boiling over

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

ode904
Learned Scribe

Finland
193 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2005 :  22:30:20  Show Profile Send ode904 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, this is a little late but;
Congratulations Melf, let our conversations in the Kitchen be even better when you have an inspirator with ye
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2005 :  12:35:05  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations, Melfius!
It is very good to see another pixie in the world!!!

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2005 :  03:03:14  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats Melfius. Do tell keep us informed when you know more. We live for gossip around here.
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met

Congratulations indeed, Melfius Now, back to the kitchen...thy pans are boiling over

Alaundo's such a slave driver!

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2005 :  08:59:16  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lina

Alaundo's such a slave driver!

Well met

Oh come now, Lina.... 'tis all for the greater good

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Faramicos
Senior Scribe

Denmark
468 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2005 :  15:09:02  Show Profile  Visit Faramicos's Homepage Send Faramicos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulation to the Melf family...

"When dragons make war, worlds can only tremble in the shadow of angry wings"
Go to Top of Page

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2005 :  01:56:19  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks again everyone!

Today I get to announce that despite months of prayer (and none too few late-night rituals) I will be blessed with another daughter. Not that this is a bad thing. But, you know how men are, gotta 'continue the line' and all that.

Big sister Arilyn is pleased as punch, and so is Mrs. Melfius.

Now comes the arguments over names. 'Illyana Cerise' has been declined by my wife, who holds the Ultimate Power of Veto. Now, I am lobbying for the name 'Morgan LeFay'.

As an aside, had I been granted my wish (or the Dark Powers stepped in to claim my soul) and she was a he, the name I had chosen was 'Logan Elaith'. Gotta love Elaine Cunningham, huh?

Again, thanks everyone for the well-wishing!

Edited by - Melfius on 28 Jul 2005 02:12:24
Go to Top of Page

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2006 :  01:45:43  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On the morning of Friday, January 13th (yes, Friday the 13th!) my newest daughter, Morgan Olivia, entered the world to much joyous celebration!

Weighing in at 7lbs 3oz, and measuring 18 inches (you Metric folks are outta luck, cause I can't convert!) Morgan had a thick crop of curly, black hair (which the nurses took great delight in putting ribbons in!).

Mom is great, and Big Sis Arilyn is still grinning from ear to ear.

Thank you everyone who's been keeping an eye on my Kitchen while I have been away (got a bit difficult towards the end, hence my absence), but I should be resuming my duties within the next week or two.

Go to Top of Page

Lysander
Learned Scribe

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2006 :  01:55:07  Show Profile  Visit Lysander's Homepage Send Lysander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Melfius

On the morning of Friday, January 13th (yes, Friday the 13th!) my newest daughter, Morgan Olivia, entered the world to much joyous celebration!

Congrats!!

Lysander

Defender of the Second Edition
Moderator, Project Gemengan, Worlds of D&D
Go to Top of Page

Kes_Alanadel
Learned Scribe

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2006 :  03:13:29  Show Profile  Visit Kes_Alanadel's Homepage Send Kes_Alanadel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*Raises her glass* Congrats, and with such an auspisious birthdate, things could be very interesting for you in the future.

Ack! I seem to have too much blood in my coffee stream!

When did 'common sense' cease to be common?
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2006 :  06:04:57  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Melfius, (and to us metric folk she's 3260 grams (or 3,2 kg), and 45,7 cm).

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2006 :  11:31:11  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations, Melfius!!! Ill said it agains, its good to see another pixie in the world!

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2006 :  17:14:59  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now that the little one has arrived, I will repeat myself: Congratulations to you both!

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000