Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Is anyone going to try and run a FR Age of Worms?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

kaeso
Acolyte

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2006 :  22:03:00  Show Profile  Visit kaeso's Homepage Send kaeso a Private Message  Reply with Quote
is Daggerford/Diamond Lake the home base of the campaign? It didn't seem like it was... but if it is, it seems like it should be a bit happier :) However, if I'm gonna make it happier I want it to be because of the actions of the PCs, so they can feel like something they did had a real effect on events. Hm...

Great literature is escapist, but it changes you, and you come back to your world with new eyes. D&D is the first game that's ever done that for me.
-Sumana Harihareswara
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2006 :  23:01:56  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its kind of the base for the first half of the campaign. Yes, Daggerford does seem a bit more corrupt in order to make it match Diamond Lake, but that's why in my set up I made it so at the "halfway" point the PCs could take a little bit of time off, figure out the Malaugrym involvement, and set things right, then move on with saving the world.

Its kind of like the "Scouring of the Shire" bit of LOTR, except in the middle instead of at the end of the story.
Go to Top of Page

kaeso
Acolyte

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2006 :  03:40:01  Show Profile  Visit kaeso's Homepage Send kaeso a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So... does anyone have any idea where I should run it? I still can't decide I gotta decide by Thursday

Great literature is escapist, but it changes you, and you come back to your world with new eyes. D&D is the first game that's ever done that for me.
-Sumana Harihareswara
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2006 :  03:50:50  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kaeso

So... does anyone have any idea where I should run it? I still can't decide I gotta decide by Thursday

If you want to keep the campaign in the Moonsea region you could use Phlan as Diamond Lake

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2006 :  04:07:24  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Snotlord

I never really got why Daggerford had to be corrupted in the first place. The corruption of Diamond Lake has absolutely no effect on the Age of Worms story, its to just finish to create a darker setting.

My "design principles" for the Age of Worms conversion were to illustrate how to adapt every single facet of the AP into the Realms. My thought was to go overboard in this respect, which then allows the DM to back off if they want. If I'd gone the other way, light conversions, I would have felt like I was leaving all the work to the DMs.

So, in your example, I wanted to show HOW Daggerford could have become corrupted. As to whether or not it should be for any particular campaign, that's left up to the DM. It certainly works just as well with the corruption as withouth.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

kaeso
Acolyte

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2006 :  21:09:20  Show Profile  Visit kaeso's Homepage Send kaeso a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Waterdeep it is! I just got City of Splendors today, can't wait to read it .

-Sumana Harihareswara
Go to Top of Page

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2006 :  21:20:29  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
instead of using Daggerford, why not one of those pirate hold-villages mention in Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast? or just put Diamond Lake along the coast in that unclaimed area between Daggerford and Waterdeep?

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

- High Mage of the Arcane Assembly
- Lore Keeper of the Vault of Ancestors
- 3rd Son of the Lord of the Stand
Go to Top of Page

Na-Gang
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
348 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2006 :  14:12:52  Show Profile  Visit Na-Gang's Homepage Send Na-Gang a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have considered running AoW in FR, substituting an aspect of Moander for Kyuss, but then I love Moander and would use him/it in place of almost anything if I could.

If you fiddle about a bit with Moander's profile, he's already got rot (undead) and corruption (nasty wormy things) so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch IMO.
Go to Top of Page

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2006 :  14:25:06  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Na-Gang

I have considered running AoW in FR, substituting an aspect of Moander for Kyuss, but then I love Moander and would use him/it in place of almost anything if I could.

If you fiddle about a bit with Moander's profile, he's already got rot (undead) and corruption (nasty wormy things) so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch IMO.

I thought so too but I was leaning more towards just having Kyuss as what he was before...mad wizard, soon-to-be-god, etc. probably be a Imaskari or Netherese wizard

but I was thinking more like of some sort of ancient magic user from Zakhara and his ancient jungle city would be placed in that archipelago of islands off the west coast, or maybe in the south near the Isle of Eephants...Near Kog or something

I haven't decided if I like the whole Jergal-spellweaver connection though

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

- High Mage of the Arcane Assembly
- Lore Keeper of the Vault of Ancestors
- 3rd Son of the Lord of the Stand
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2015 :  12:26:38  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has anybody compiled all of these web enhancement/conversion notes? For the first time Paizo's website is giving me a hard time.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Edited by - Fellfire on 11 Feb 2015 12:27:11
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000