Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Unusual experiences with the Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2005 :  05:34:07  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I'll second that one.... I'm active on two forums (this one far more than the other). In both cases, the forum is not the official one supported by the people behind the game. And thus, both forums avoid those kinds of posters. 'Tis a great thing, thinks I.
I'll third that one .

I recently trimmed my other forums visit listing down again a few weeks ago, thanks largely to the increasing presence of posters such as the Blue Sorceress just outlined, registering on those forums.

I'm now down to just three.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2005 :  08:50:10  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Krash, is your avatar evolving?

For some reason, a pot and a kettle come to mind...

Well met

Oh there's certainly no reason to venture beyond the gates of Candlekeep. There's nothing out there of any interest, no, nothing at all

Now, any more unusual experiences with the Realms?

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1073 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2005 :  09:49:34  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage Send khorne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We were in a wild magic zone. Our current DM(who has a rather peculiar imagination) added some odd things to the wild magic table, so when I cast a simple light spell it was twisted into a singing cow who sounded like Marlon Brando.

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Kaladorm
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1176 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2005 :  10:22:38  Show Profile  Visit Kaladorm's Homepage Send Kaladorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not any real strange experiences but our first attempt at 3.0ed was in the form of an arena, the random challenges didn't scale all to well.
1st fight, a toad
2nd fight, a skeleton
3rd fight, a half dragon / half ogre.

Needless to say ghost sound didn't scare him away :) One dead party (llv 1 ranger, lvl 1 sorceror, lvl 1 bard hehe)

Edited by - Kaladorm on 13 May 2005 10:25:11
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2005 :  13:46:22  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Jindael

Sure, I'll game with you, Chosen of Moradin. Let me just explain to my girlfriend that I'm flying to Brazil with a woman I met online to play D&D.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, I'm not so sure my boyfriend would like that so much either. Maybe we can ship you north.

Itīs donīt work, too. Will be needed to ship my wife (rpg player), my 17 years old son (rpg player, too), and my dogsaurus rex (Iīm really trying to teach him to throw some dices ). Butīs all ok! We find a way to this

Well, talking about unusual things, my first time DMing a game was completely... unusual. Well, the group was formed by:
- a wood elf psion;
- a lizard man;
- a weretiger;
- and an exiled Noldor (from Tolkienīs books)

tsc. tsc. Thatīs a real mess.

And one time a player developed something new for his wizard to create. It will be an type of animated armor. Not a golen, but in some ways, powerful as one. I said ok to this, we developed the prices, time, materials, etc. He create the thing, with the specification that the animated armor was to be used by his cat familiar (will give some good protections to the animal, and give to him some way to use his familiar inteligence). I see that the player want to twist the game, gaining the advantages from the familiar, and dispensing the disvantages... so I prepare a wicked plane

And, when the time come, and the ritual was to be made to incorporate the small feline in the armor, the group was attacked and, in the mess, the armor fall in the ground... and when the players look to the armor, on little earthworm was entering there!!! Well, the earthworm was modified for the magic of the item, and gains a specie of "body", some inteligence, and a coll armor! One of the players catch the hint, and decided to call the earthworm "Jim"... so, in a really weird way, Earthworm Jim (SNes games) made his way to D&D.

And I praise for Mystra to forgive me for this

Yuri "Chosen of Moradin" Peixoto, thinking in a way to incorporate a certain cow of the mentioned game in D&D too...

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2005 :  17:47:26  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Moradin

Yuri "Chosen of Moradin" Peixoto, thinking in a way to incorporate a certain cow of the mentioned game in D&D too...

I have a friend who, when he DM'ed, constantly used "Bill Brannigan's pony" as an NPC. The campaign wasn't set in any particular game world, and there was nothing overtly remarkable about this pony, but either the pony would pop up in some odd locale, or someone would have heard of it.

To bring it back into the Realms... I saw an auction on eBay this morning for the "Baldur's Cafe" computer game. Does that count as a weird experience?

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2005 :  17:50:15  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
To bring it back into the Realms... I saw an auction on eBay this morning for the "Baldur's Cafe" computer game. Does that count as a weird experience?

I knew Starbucks was expanding but this is just silly.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2005 :  17:55:28  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:

I knew Starbucks was expanding but this is just silly.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kaladorm
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1176 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2005 :  00:45:19  Show Profile  Visit Kaladorm's Homepage Send Kaladorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Baldurs cafe
quote:
YOU ARE BIDDING ON A BALDURS CAFE FORGOTTON REALMS CDROM. I AM VOLO AND I HAVE TRAVELED MORE THESWE REALMS THAN ANY OTHER. INTERPLAY WILL ACCEP TMO, CASHIERS CHECK OR PAYPAL. B UYER TO PAY EXACT SHIPPING.

Very interesting, good to see Volo is alive and well and forgotten how to spell since 2E :)

Perhaps slightly unusual in our games is the combinations of spells/items/skills we use to get around almost anything :)
For example we obtained a magical bag, which contained a house inside. The purpose of this was so we could weather out a storm during a trial for our noble elf to get his moonblade restored.
We took to using the bag to travel, with a handy summon monster, we'd all pop into the bag, use the summoned lantern archons to teleport without error (up to 50Ibs) wherever it was we needed to go and hop out again :)
Made the resurrection runs back to town quite easy. Was also quite funny having 6 lantern archons taking chunks of a dragons hoard 50Ibs at a time back and forth from the cave, to house of our gnomes rather surprised parents :) 'Ummm hi dad, just dropping off some stuff into my room, you can take some to buy bread if you like'
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2005 :  14:41:37  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kaladorm

Baldurs cafe
quote:
YOU ARE BIDDING ON A BALDURS CAFE FORGOTTON REALMS CDROM. I AM VOLO AND I HAVE TRAVELED MORE THESWE REALMS THAN ANY OTHER. INTERPLAY WILL ACCEP TMO, CASHIERS CHECK OR PAYPAL. B UYER TO PAY EXACT SHIPPING.

Very interesting, good to see Volo is alive and well and forgotten how to spell since 2E :)

Perhaps slightly unusual in our games is the combinations of spells/items/skills we use to get around almost anything :)
For example we obtained a magical bag, which contained a house inside. The purpose of this was so we could weather out a storm during a trial for our noble elf to get his moonblade restored.
We took to using the bag to travel, with a handy summon monster, we'd all pop into the bag, use the summoned lantern archons to teleport without error (up to 50Ibs) wherever it was we needed to go and hop out again :)
Made the resurrection runs back to town quite easy. Was also quite funny having 6 lantern archons taking chunks of a dragons hoard 50Ibs at a time back and forth from the cave, to house of our gnomes rather surprised parents :) 'Ummm hi dad, just dropping off some stuff into my room, you can take some to buy bread if you like'

Baldur's Cafe.

As for that, well I have to admit it was creative but it did cause me some headaches for a while. I can't say I was too disappointed when the halfling druid offered it as a gift to the frost giant Jarl.
And in case you were wondering, since your random appearance to see Mr. and Mrs. Bullan in Waterdeep, they have expanded their premises downwards with a cellar. "Just in case" was how Kosh explained it to me.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000