Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Stats for demons from Resurrection?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2005 :  01:02:14  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Anyone know if there are stats for the Chasme that Danifae summoned to use as mount?

I know the Nalfeshnee is in the Monster Manual (I've used it and had it used in campaigns) but the Chasme is drawing a blank.

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2005 :  01:12:05  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Search informs me:

"Official stats for the chasme can be found in Book of Vile Darkness (pp. 172-174"

Not sure how good the search was and not a resource I have in printed mode.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2005 :  01:19:00  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't believe I forgot to check that. It's there, thanks. Quenthal definately out summoned her. :)

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

Sticks
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2005 :  00:04:54  Show Profile  Visit Sticks's Homepage Send Sticks a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's because Danifae never really showed her hand, power wise. She was so subtle that even Phauran appreciated it. Quenthel wasn't smiling when she saw how big of a demon Danifae suumoned either. The only time Danifae used a powerful spell was when she healed herself after Halisstra struck her through.
Go to Top of Page

Crust
Learned Scribe

USA
273 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2005 :  12:39:02  Show Profile  Visit Crust's Homepage Send Crust a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd like to know more about some of those creatures Gromph summoned to assassinate Quenthel... Or was it Greyanna (sp?).

"That's right, hurl back views that force ye to think by name-calling - 'tis the grand old tradition, let it not down! Anything to keep from having to think, or - Mystra forfend - change thy own views!"

Narnra glowered at her father. "Just how am I to learn how to think? By being taught by you?"

"Some folk in the Realms would give their lives for the chance to learn at my feet," Elminster said mildly. "Several already have."

~from Elminster's Daughter, Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2005 :  18:04:24  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Spoilers for Dissolution

quote:
Originally posted by Crust

I'd like to know more about some of those creatures Gromph summoned to assassinate Quenthel... Or was it Greyanna (sp?).

Yes, it was Gromph who sent various creatures to kill Quenthel.
Go to Top of Page

Freakboy
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2005 :  18:47:48  Show Profile  Visit Freakboy's Homepage Send Freakboy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Crust

The Demons Gromph summoned wouldn't show up in any of the Monster Manuals etc. It said in the novel that they were primal demons even more so than the typical creatures summoned by most spell casters. It even went so far as to say they didn't have a name and that is part of what made them difficult to summon for Wizards that weren't as accomplished as Gromph was. Further, Gromph magically altered the Demons so that they would represent an aspect of Lolth. Very interesting creatures but not the sort of thing that translates easily to the D&D game.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000