Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Freakin bookstores...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2005 :  05:08:46  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
My local Borders Books and Waldon Books both say Resurrection doesn't come out till mid-May. Is Amazon.com REALLY shipping it?

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.

Edited by - SirUrza on 22 Apr 2005 05:09:04

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2005 :  05:24:29  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza

My local Borders Books and Waldon Books both say Resurrection doesn't come out till mid-May. Is Amazon.com REALLY shipping it?

Yes, they are really shipping it. In fact, they ship within 24 hours last time I checked.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2005 :  06:18:32  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Had the same problem. I finally found a copy at Mediplay. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

EdGentry
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2005 :  15:09:45  Show Profile  Visit EdGentry's Homepage Send EdGentry a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I ordered from Barnes and Noble online and got my copy 3 days later. It was a very reasonable price, too.

http://www.edgentry.com
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2005 :  19:16:36  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*grumbles*

It's a no win situation lately. Ordering it away.

Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2005 :  00:23:25  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've seen bookstore employees reading copies at the checkout desk for a week, now. So it's definitely "out there."
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2005 :  04:28:48  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sure just mock me Hoody. :)

Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2005 :  00:09:53  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Patience..Whatever happened to patience????

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2005 :  00:25:21  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VEDSICA

Patience..Whatever happened to patience????

Patience was killed in a recent FR book. But, don't worry. I'm sure it will be raised soon to appear in another tome.
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2005 :  04:09:53  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, no, you've got it wrong. Patience got caught up in the second round of FR god purges, along with most of the rest of the Roman household gods. So we've lost Courage, Fidelity, Patience, and Temperence.

But somehow Prudence is still here...

PS: For those not up on Roman gods, those were all real ones worshiped in the house. FR isn't the only thing I obsess over...

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2005 :  05:35:57  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

No, no, you've got it wrong. Patience got caught up in the second round of FR god purges, along with most of the rest of the Roman household gods. So we've lost Courage, Fidelity, Patience, and Temperence.

PS: For those not up on Roman gods, those were all real ones worshiped in the house. FR isn't the only thing I obsess over...

My fave household god is the Egyptian god of frustration. Points to whoever catches that obscure reference.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2005 :  07:02:08  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My topic has been hyjacked...

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2005 :  07:15:55  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

My fave household god is the Egyptian god of frustration. Points to whoever catches that obscure reference.

... Daffy Duck. Michael Garibaldi, security chief of Babylon 5. It is his personal household god . I think Zack Allen called the reference to G'Kar when Garibaldi went missing after the nuclear attack at Z'hadum.

I remember specifically, because I have the same "shrine" to the god of frustration in my cubicle at work .

quote:
No, it hasn't. Because I've just noticed that some overseas online stores have now registered the novel available for shipping in a number of European and UK locations.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 25 Apr 2005 07:19:48
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2005 :  07:19:31  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yes it has and probably by people who have Resurrection and are right now laughing at those who don't have the novel.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2005 :  07:23:48  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage
No, it hasn't. Because I've just noticed that some overseas online stores have now registered the novel available for shipping in a number of European and UK locations.

See, my point is made. You can hear the laughter coming from the overseas stores right now.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2005 :  09:00:33  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

::sits back contently in his chair with a copy of Resurrection::

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2005 :  11:33:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

... Daffy Duck. Michael Garibaldi, security chief of Babylon 5. It is his personal household god . I think Zack Allen called the reference to G'Kar when Garibaldi went missing after the nuclear attack at Z'hadum.

I remember specifically, because I have the same "shrine" to the god of frustration in my cubicle at work .

Why am I not surprised that you got that one?

To stay on topic, as of Friday, my local B&N didn't have Resurrection.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2005 :  15:02:45  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
as of Friday, my local B&N didn't have Resurrection.

See now why I purchase online?
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2005 :  16:47:46  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

Yes it has and probably by people who have Resurrection and are right now laughing at those who don't have the novel.

Now that's just cruel and unusual! You must be drow!

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2005 :  16:57:43  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Now that's just cruel and unusual! You must be drow!

Thank you for the compliment.
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2005 :  18:34:44  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

Thank you for the compliment.

Pfft!

Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2005 :  08:04:57  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had copies sitting on the shelf last Wednesday at work. Didn't seem to be a problem getting it, and I was surprised it came out last week instead of this week as do most WOTC products.

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

Kameron M. Franklin
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2005 :  16:49:16  Show Profile  Visit Kameron M. Franklin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So, I decide to stop by my local Borders on the way home from work. I browse my favorite section looking for a certain anthology. I don't find it, so on a whim, I decide to do a search through their in-store db. Low and behold, the book is listed with a status of "In Store" and points me back to my favorite section. I plan to visit them again at lunch today. I need to speak to the store manager anyway.

"You keep saying that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2005 :  17:50:42  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kameron M. Franklin

So, I decide to stop by my local Borders on the way home from work. I browse my favorite section looking for a certain anthology.

Which one?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000