Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 2005 4th Quarter Novels.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Tamsar
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
141 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2005 :  22:21:42  Show Profile Send Tamsar a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Now that WotC have divulged info on the 4th quarter releases, does anybody know which novels are Realms based?

Promise of the WItch KIng is apparently the next Artemis/Jarlaxle book.

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2005 :  02:12:10  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tamsar

Now that WotC have divulged info on the 4th quarter releases, does anybody know which novels are Realms based?

Promise of the WItch KIng is apparently the next Artemis/Jarlaxle book.

Below is a list of what I believe are FR novels to be released late this year

September 2005

Queen of the Depths: Priests #3 - 9/2

Master of Chains: Fighters #1 - 9/2

Starlight and Shadows Gift Set - 9/2

October 2005

Promise the Witch King - 10/14

November 2005

Midnight's Mask: Erevis Cale Book III - 11/4

Whisper of Waves: The FRB:Watercourse Trilogy Book 1 - 11/4

December 2005

Ghostwalker: Fighters #2 - 12/2
Go to Top of Page

Nysgath
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2005 :  04:47:06  Show Profile  Visit Nysgath's Homepage Send Nysgath a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where have they released this info?
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2005 :  05:09:38  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nysgath

Where have they released this info?

This thread has the full information.

Edited by - SiriusBlack on 26 Mar 2005 05:10:27
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2005 :  16:41:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Man... I just realized there's two novels and a sourcebook coming out on 11/4, and I want all of them. I'm going to have to remember to set aside some cash for that...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2005 :  17:11:56  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Man... I just realized there's two novels and a sourcebook coming out on 11/4, and I want all of them. I'm going to have to remember to set aside some cash for that...

July is the busiest month so far for me. Check out what all is coming out in that month:

July 2005

FRR City of Splendors:Waterdeep - 7/8

Best of the Realms: Ed Greenwood - 7/1

Farthest Reach: The Last Mythal #2 - 7/1

And you know, they all must be mine...mine...mine
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2005 :  17:45:43  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:

July is the busiest month so far for me. Check out what all is coming out in that month:

July 2005

And you know, they all must be mine...mine...mine

Ditto, but there's a week separating those three releases. November has the same amount of stuff, but all in one day.

Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

334 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2005 :  18:02:53  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Ditto, but there's a week separating those three releases. November has the same amount of stuff, but all in one day.

You know they won't all actually show up in stores on the same day. Those are just target dates; the reality is, they ship when the printer gets finished with them.

Thomas

"A knight is not truly virtuous, only truly resolved to be so."

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2005 :  18:40:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas M. Reid

quote:

You know they won't all actually show up in stores on the same day. Those are just target dates; the reality is, they ship when the printer gets finished with them.

Thomas

Don't ruin my happy thoughts like that!

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2005 :  19:36:28  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thomas

Well, the good news is that, based on past experiences, many items have shown up earlier than WOTC's target dates. I've found this especially true when it comes to novels and paperbacks in particular. Perhaps I'm just being a tad optimistic that this trend will continue. However, we all like to hold onto some delusions. For example, I cling to the hope that a certain family in Arrabar will triumph during events in a soon to be released novel without losing any member.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2005 :  07:16:47  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've said it before and I'll say it again. So many novels to read, with so little time (I'm reading the Eberron novels now, as well).

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2005 :  11:41:51  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

So many novels to read, with so little time (I'm reading the Eberron novels now, as well).

I know this is a slight aside, but I'll admit that I was rather pleased with the two Eberron novels I've read so far.

I may just have to continue purchasing them.

::Ducks a quick swipe from Alaundo::

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2005 :  14:56:06  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I know this is a slight aside, but I'll admit that I was rather pleased with the two Eberron novels I've read so far.

Burn the Heretic!!!!

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2005 :  17:17:41  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth
Burn the Heretic!!!!

It's worse then you think Dargoth. Check out below his comments from this thread:

quote:
I haven't had the opportunity to read my copy of Viper's Kiss yet...

I see where his priorities rest. These kids nowadays, we try and try to set them on the right path...

Edited by - SiriusBlack on 02 Apr 2005 17:18:27
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid

334 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2005 :  17:45:56  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Well, the good news is that, based on past experiences, many items have shown up earlier than WOTC's target dates. I've found this especially true when it comes to novels and paperbacks in particular. Perhaps I'm just being a tad optimistic that this trend will continue.

Yes, that's generally true. Though Ruby Guardian seemed to lag a little.
quote:
However, we all like to hold onto some delusions. For example, I cling to the hope that a certain family in Arrabar will triumph during events in a soon to be released novel without losing any member.

Get a very tight grip, then.

Thomas

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2005 :  18:11:24  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Get a very tight grip, then.

Thomas

Fine, I hope the FedEx box kills you the next time you have to open one.
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2005 :  22:42:10  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Me too. I'm just disappointed the Bladesinger novel won't be out this year... maybe they're waiting for me to finish mine.

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2005 :  02:06:13  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Where are those Zhentilar with their pitchforks and torches when you need them?

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2005 :  05:47:00  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

So many novels to read, with so little time (I'm reading the Eberron novels now, as well).

*carefully looks around*

Agreed, I'm reading Marked for Death right now.

*scuttles off*

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2005 :  06:41:53  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos
Where are those Zhentilar with their pitchforks and torches when you need them?

Yeah, it's a sad day when Zhents aren't very reliable.

quote:
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
*carefully looks around*

Agreed, I'm reading Marked for Death right now.

*scuttles off*

It's like a computer virus that's spreading.

Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid

334 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2005 :  14:13:19  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Fine, I hope the FedEx box kills you the next time you have to open one.

::chuckle::
Well, that would be today, then; the galleys for Emerald Scepter arrived, so I'll be proofing them and getting them back to WotC in the next few days. Then it's on to prepress, off to the printer, and . . . everyone keep your fingers crossed that copies are available at Gen Con.

Thomas

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2005 :  17:33:49  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Well, that would be today, then; the galleys for Emerald Scepter arrived, so I'll be proofing them and getting them back to WotC in the next few days. Then it's on to prepress, off to the printer, and . . . everyone keep your fingers crossed that copies are available at Gen Con.

Thomas

Wonderful news to hear and thanks for sharing this information. Good luck with the copies being available at GenCon and remember to wash out any cuts made by pliers or sharp corners of FedEx boxes with soap and hot water.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2005 :  17:55:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Wonderful news to hear and thanks for sharing this information. Good luck with the copies being available at GenCon and remember to wash out any cuts made by pliers or sharp corners of FedEx boxes with soap and hot water.

How do you cut yourself on pliers?

Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2005 :  21:57:13  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
... I wonder what Queen of the Depth -> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0786937378/qid%3D1112993441/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/102-2910103-4801753will be.

(I'll work out how the links work ... )

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerûn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2005 :  22:08:20  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zanan

... I wonder what Queen of the Depth ]will be.

(I'll work out how the links work ... )

Last I knew it was part of the Priest series, dealing with Umberlee.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2005 :  23:11:20  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You're right, kuje31. Queen of the Depths is part of the Priests series, and it centers on a priestess of Umberlee
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2005 :  23:21:20  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

You're right, kuje31. Queen of the Depths is part of the Priests series, and it centers on a priestess of Umberlee

Danka Rich(ard)? Not sure if you prefer Rich or Richard. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2005 :  00:30:24  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kuje31

The man's writing a trilogy about dragons causing destruction across Faerun...I'd go wtih Mr. Byers just to be safe.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2005 :  00:40:11  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

The man's writing a trilogy about dragons causing destruction across Faerun...I'd go wtih Mr. Byers just to be safe.

Well I tried that with Ed and Steven and they said, nah it's Ed or Steven!

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2005 :  00:42:31  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Well I tried that with Ed and Steven and they said, nah it's Ed or Steven!

Do they fence in tournaments like Mr. Byers? Do they have a trilogy with killer dragons currently? No.

So, it's Mr. Byers for me. You go ahead and live dangerously. Just tell me what you want on your tombstone.
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2005 :  05:15:23  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is it just me, or is the entire priest series focusing on evil dieties? It's the main reason I haven't read any of them.

Also, I may be behind the times, but could someone please explain the dislike of Eberron? I find it hard to root against any game setting in this day and age (well, maybe Star Wars. But that's a separate grief...).

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000