Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 The Sunglade
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mendicant
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2005 :  04:22:38  Show Profile  Visit Mendicant's Homepage Send Mendicant a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I am doing a complete writeup about the Sunglade for my campaign. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cyandor
Acolyte

9 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2005 :  22:15:01  Show Profile  Visit Cyandor's Homepage Send Cyandor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unapproachable East is the most recent pronouncement on the subject that I am aware of. I think the Sunglade, along with other menhir circles are now said to be able to access the new Star Elf realm.

Other sources would be the old Thay, Aglorand, Rasheman boxed set. Lastly, I believe the Sunglade was featured in the novel The Simbul's Gift.

In the novel, it talks about how the Sunglade consists of two sets of menhirs. The outer ones are elven deities. The internal menhir are various forgotten gods. Only a few of the internal menhir can still be identified. One of them is a god with the name Simbul (part of the novel mentioned above). Another is Shandilar the Dancer (not sure on the name exactly). I believe that she ultimately merged with one of the Mulhuround deities - the merger is discussed in one of the Powers and Pantheons books but I don't recall which one.

Hope that helps.
Go to Top of Page

Mendicant
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2005 :  01:19:30  Show Profile  Visit Mendicant's Homepage Send Mendicant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the bit of lore...
Go to Top of Page

Jindael
Senior Scribe

USA
357 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2005 :  20:03:18  Show Profile  Visit Jindael's Homepage Send Jindael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cyandor
In the novel, it talks about how the Sunglade consists of two sets of menhirs. The outer ones are elven deities. The internal menhir are various forgotten gods. Only a few of the internal menhir can still be identified. One of them is a god with the name Simbul (part of the novel mentioned above). Another is Shandilar the Dancer (not sure on the name exactly). I believe that she ultimately merged with one of the Mulhuround deities - the merger is discussed in one of the Powers and Pantheons books but I don't recall which one.

According to Demihuman Deities, There are 10 stones in the innder circle, but only four are still legible:

Relkath of the Infinite Branches
Magnar the Bear
Elikarashae
Zandilar the Dancer.

A fifth sybol looks like it might have been the sign of the Simbul.

According to the above book, all the deities above were absorbed into memebers of the Seldarine except for Zandilar the Dancer (who merged with Bast to become Sharess).

"You don't have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."
-- C.S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

Mendicant
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2005 :  22:05:44  Show Profile  Visit Mendicant's Homepage Send Mendicant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks a lot guys. I have the info from Unapproachable East and DemiHuman Deities. I'll keep looking...
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2020 :  17:55:43  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Acolyte Mendicant,

In case you are still around the 'Keep, and still writing the complete write-up, there is mention of the Sunglade in the novel, The Twilight Tomb.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Mendicant

I am doing a complete writeup about the Sunglade for my campaign. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000