Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Thay and the Mulhorand Gods
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ctenosaur
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2005 :  06:25:17  Show Profile  Visit Ctenosaur's Homepage Send Ctenosaur a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello, I hope this the right place to ask.

I cannot find any references to the Mulhorand Gods being worshipped at all in Thay. Was the original founder mages' dislike of Mulhorand
so strong that all their "native" religions were replaced by Faerunian
churches and worship. Are there any official hints why this is so?

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2005 :  07:51:21  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd say 'yes' the mages of Thay (who aren't into religion much anyway) turned away from the Mulhorandi pantheon and the restrictive attitudes to deities such as Thoth re magic use etc.

Also, if you pick up a copy of "Faiths & Avatars", a 2E product, you'll see in the intro that the geography of Toril is divided into areas of influence for the various pantheons. Thay is in the general Faerun pantheon area.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2020 :  23:22:16  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Acolyte Ctenosaur,

I'm uncertain if you are still active on the site or not, but in light of the fact that others may be interested in this topic, I've included a URL to a pretty decent amount of information on Thay, with a touch on religion, and good sources to reference.

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Thay

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Ctenosaur

Hello, I hope this the right place to ask.

I cannot find any references to the Mulhorand Gods being worshipped at all in Thay. Was the original founder mages' dislike of Mulhorand
churches and worship. Are there any official hints why this is so?

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2421 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2020 :  15:51:45  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

churches and worship.

Red Wizards rebelled against and seceded from Mulhorand, which is ruled by those gods.
How much do you think these same gods are worshipped in Thay? Obviously, they aren't. Or at very least, not where Red Wizards can catch any hint of this.
There may be some slaves doing it as a part of wishful thinking toward Mulhorand. And infiltrators.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2020 :  17:24:00  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master TBeholder,

Yeah, great point there regarding worshiping the god-kings of Mulhorand. The irony is that due to Eltab getting whisked away from Eltabbar after his fight with Szass Tam in 1373, you may see those slaves getting some freedom one way or another in the near future when Eltab comes back to wreck face on Szass Tam and seek general retribution again the Red Wizards.

We'll see.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder

quote:

churches and worship.

Red Wizards rebelled against and seceded from Mulhorand, which is ruled by those gods.
How much do you think these same gods are worshipped in Thay? Obviously, they aren't. Or at very least, not where Red Wizards can catch any hint of this.
There may be some slaves doing it as a part of wishful thinking toward Mulhorand. And infiltrators.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000