Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 $150 too much?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2005 :  01:52:43  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Think $150 is too much for a first edition, hardcover, The Dark Elf Trilogy Collector's Edition?

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2005 :  02:01:57  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Umm, yes. I'd suggest using allbookstores.com to try and find a better price before attempting to pay so much for book that's so readily available.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2005 :  02:04:08  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
YES!

The stuff is too recent and too readily available to shell out that kind of money, and even if it wasn't, I wouldn't think it was worth it.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2005 :  02:27:44  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hehe I didn't say I was going to pay $150 for it, I was just asking if you think it's too much to sell it for. I've got 2 and an offer.

Galen, most of those sources are selling Book Club editions.

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2005 :  03:28:52  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza

Hehe I didn't say I was going to pay $150 for it, I was just asking if you think it's too much to sell it for. I've got 2 and an offer.

Oh, no, then. Get as much as you can for it.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2005 :  03:31:07  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
Oh, no, then. Get as much as you can for it.

Indeed, and check around to make sure you can't up the price. Nothing price wise would surprise me when it comes to fans obtaining items they are passionate about.
Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2005 :  03:50:57  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
See I'm not the only one to call you you Galen or was it Gareth???Doesn't really matter.Both Sir and I got it wrong..Also a buck fifty is too much to pay.

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2005 :  00:53:55  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza

Galen, most of those sources are selling Book Club editions.

Another Ebay user. Yeah go for it. Although I wouldn't personally shell out that much for any novel.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Dahran
Acolyte

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2005 :  12:51:29  Show Profile  Visit Dahran's Homepage Send Dahran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would pay that kind of money, but only under certain conditions. I haven't ever paid more then $50 for a book. The book in this case was a Dragonlance book called 'Second Generation'. I had read it years before in paper back and though I later bought it in that format when I later started collecting Dragonlance material I wanted the books in hardcover, if they were ever published in that format. I wasn't very happy about giving that much for the book, but I had to if I wanted it one in near mint condition. Sir Urza's buyer might feel the same way, but considering Dark Elf Trilogy is still in print and available in hard back I personally wouldn't pay that much just yet myself.
Go to Top of Page

Jargan
Acolyte

17 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2005 :  02:21:24  Show Profile  Visit Jargan's Homepage Send Jargan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
150$!!!

" It's are wits that make us men."
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2005 :  06:26:28  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just as a comment about buying books on eBay... I've only bought a couple of novels from eBay. The most expensive one was $25, and it was a battered paperback. Normally I'd never consider spending that much on a paperback, but I'd been trying to get that one for two years -- and it's one I've only seen on eBay a handful of times. I think I've only seen it once since I bought my copy...

Before you ask, it was The Sword and the Dagger. 'Twas the first BattleTech novel, and one that FASA kinda buried under the rug as soon as it went out of print. The book is so obscure that I'd been into BTech for 10 years before I even heard about it!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000