Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Anyone else would like to see more of the Zhents?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2005 :  01:09:53  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I seem to remember Ed talking about how it bothered him that the Zhents were so often dumbed down, considering these are the folks that the Dalelands are constantly on edge about. I would like to see the Zhentarim figured into a new novel prominently, and shown to be competent and dangerous, but its odd becuase I don't really want to see them threatening the Dales again OR having a civil war because we have seen both of those (don't forget the Manshoon wars).

In fact, I would rather see Fzoul deal with the Darkhold situation rather quickly and decicively, so that everyone stops and goes "how did he pull that off" while the Cyricits that survive are standing outside the gates saying "no fair".

I think that is the kind of villain that we are being told that Fzoul is capable of being, though we've not seen it yet.
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2005 :  04:13:39  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
KnightErrantJR, that's actually quite funny because the Zhents that are dumbed down appear most often in Ed Greenwood's own books. Lol. In fact, the dumbest Zhents that I've seen were in Silverfall. It was in that chapter about Storm and you read about a Zhentarim leader who like believed in every goddamn word some harlot was saying, and then he ordered his own loyal men killed.

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36784 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2005 :  06:25:14  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DDH_101

KnightErrantJR, that's actually quite funny because the Zhents that are dumbed down appear most often in Ed Greenwood's own books.

Perhaps so, but we also know that Ed's books are usually horribly mangled between the time he writes them and they actually get published.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000