Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Promise of the Witch-King?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Decomp
Acolyte

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2005 :  02:12:46  Show Profile  Visit Decomp's Homepage Send Decomp a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does anyone have any information on this new novel by the greatest author of all time???
Anything would be appreciated highly!

"so many humans...so few recipes"

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2005 :  02:24:31  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its Comes out in October

It doesnt feature Drizzt or the Companions of the Hall

Its set in Damara and Vaasa (And will feature Armitis and Jaxalle)

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36793 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2005 :  02:34:53  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Decomp

Does anyone have any information on this new novel by the greatest author of all time???

I thought it was written by RAS...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Decomp
Acolyte

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2005 :  02:42:18  Show Profile  Visit Decomp's Homepage Send Decomp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ouch Wooly that hurts! You dont like R.A?

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36793 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2005 :  05:52:38  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ouch Wooly that hurts! You dont like R.A?

Actually, I've nothing against RAS, so long as we're discussing his Realms books (I read two of his non-Realms books, and didn't care for them).

However, I am tired of Drizzt Do'Urden, and RAS is not on my list of favorite Realms authors.

To each his own, and all that.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2005 :  03:58:42  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Damn, tough crowd here.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36793 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2005 :  05:22:16  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:

Damn, tough crowd here.

You're just jealous that I made that comment first.

Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2005 :  05:26:33  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wooly, if you have not yet done so, read Salvator's DemonWars series. It's leagues above and beyond his Drizzt novels in plot, character development, and political intrigue.

quote:
Actually, I've nothing against RAS, so long as we're discussing his Realms books (I read two of his non-Realms books, and didn't care for them).

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2005 :  06:17:04  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Me, jealous? Never.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36793 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2005 :  11:23:11  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Realmslore

Wooly, if you have not yet done so, read Salvator's DemonWars series. It's leagues above and beyond his Drizzt novels in plot, character development, and political intrigue.

I dunno... Like I said, I've read two of his non-Realms books, and I don't want to read either of them again. After a track record like that, I'm not exactly eager to give him another shot.

Go to Top of Page

Winterfox
Senior Scribe

895 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2005 :  11:56:53  Show Profile  Visit Winterfox's Homepage Send Winterfox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Waaah, you stole my snarky comment.
Go to Top of Page

Decomp
Acolyte

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2005 :  15:20:44  Show Profile  Visit Decomp's Homepage Send Decomp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In all fareness, "The hunters blade trilogy" was fantastic, but did leave me a little wanting in the end?! I am and always will be a much bigger fan of "The dark elf trilogy"

Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2005 :  18:18:33  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

In all fareness, "The hunters blade trilogy" was fantastic, but did leave me a little wanting in the end?!

You and everyone else. I think it has a lot to do with Silver Marches cutting the feet out of him.

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

Decomp
Acolyte

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2005 :  19:00:20  Show Profile  Visit Decomp's Homepage Send Decomp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
SirUrza, What do you think the premise will be of the new novel? Do you think it will stand up to a "Dark elf trilogy" or even the "Ice wind dale trilogy"?

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36793 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2005 :  23:18:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Winterfox

quote:

Waaah, you stole my snarky comment.

Sorry about that, my snarky friend!

Though I'm not an RAS fan, and I've not even read the most recent Drizzt books, I am looking forward to this one. Why? I like Jarlaxle a lot more than Drizzt (because Jarlaxle has style! ), and I like the interplay between Artemis and Jarlaxle. Further, I'm looking forward to seeing the continued development of these two -- I got tired of Artemis Entreri being the anti-Drizzt.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2005 :  23:20:49  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I am looking forward to this one.

The short story featuring them in Realms of the Dragon was entertaining. So, I too might check out this novel. Might.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2005 :  23:44:15  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will definitely check this new novel out--I really like Jarlaxle, and I feel Entreri has been developed well beyond his original, thankless role of being a foil for Drizzt.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Decomp
Acolyte

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2005 :  02:49:14  Show Profile  Visit Decomp's Homepage Send Decomp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Being a foil for Drizzt, Well put Rinonalyrna! I have been reading alot about this new novel, and am still convinced that it will be one of the best, if not THE best, of RAS works to date! I am a fan of the Drizzt stories but not so much the character (If that makes any sense at all). I just feel that Jarlaxle will be RAS saving grace in the very near future!

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2005 :  03:30:13  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I have been reading alot about this new novel, and am still convinced that it will be one of the best, if not THE best, of RAS works to date!

What that you have read leads you to believe this?
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2005 :  04:03:32  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

SirUrza, What do you think the premise will be of the new novel? Do you think it will stand up to a "Dark elf trilogy" or even the "Ice wind dale trilogy"?

I actually can't comment without being bias. I'm actually annoyed to find out that he did a Artemis and Jarlaxle novel. Artemis and Jarlaxle coulda been handle in short stories while he got the Heroes of the Hall up to 1372 ATLEAST.

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2005 :  14:19:53  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Frankly, I'm disappointed to see him rehashing any of his characters. I was hoping for something completely new. I like Jarlaxle and Artemis as much as the next guy, but if he's gotta use old characters, why not Thibbledorf Pwent or the Bouldershoulder boys? Now that's a book I could get excited about.

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

Decomp
Acolyte

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2005 :  14:43:23  Show Profile  Visit Decomp's Homepage Send Decomp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I have been reading alot about this new novel, and am still convinced that it will be one of the best, if not THE best, of RAS works to date!

What that you have read leads you to believe this?

What I have read on this site as well as through the RAS page.

Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2005 :  15:44:13  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree Xysma.I have always said that the dwarves should be featured as well.Not necessarily the ones that you have mentioned.

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2005 :  16:12:11  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Which is what? What details that you have read have you "convinced that it will be one of the best, if not THE best, of RAS works to date?"
Go to Top of Page

Decomp
Acolyte

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2005 :  19:42:16  Show Profile  Visit Decomp's Homepage Send Decomp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, first off, the fact that everything that is said about something which is not out yet is complete heresay! What I have heard is that the story will be about two of his best characters, including my favorite, Jarlaxle! Aside from that, I am truly ready for some other characters to take some lime light!
All in all, I guess I am jsut really excited about the book! If I have made it seem like I know everything about the novel I do apologize too all! (
quote:

quote:

Which is what? What details that you have read have you "convinced that it will be one of the best, if not THE best, of RAS works to date?"

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000