Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Erik Scott de Bie
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 53

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2011 :  07:19:14  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm. Another option is ebooks, if you have a reader. I believe at least some of the Waterdeep books have made the digital leap. Check it out on Amazon.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2011 :  18:32:53  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nope. Not yet anyway. ATM, we're just trying to make ends meet. Living with folks, paying rent to my mother, and seriously wishing we were elsewhere.

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2011 :  22:04:51  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Completely understand. Hang in there!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2011 :  22:20:40  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
so tell me, are there any obscure plans to raise Shadowbane to godhood??

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power


My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2011 :  22:31:26  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

so tell me, are there any obscure plans to raise Shadowbane to godhood??
I don't know . . . is that how it looks?

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2011 :  23:35:32  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
kind of... its not like Cyric was all that powerful when he rose to the ocassion

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power


My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2011 :  01:45:18  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erik,

Since there is a little buzz in the novel section that Rich Baker is working on a new Jack Ravenwild novel(according to his wotc blog)...

I was curious, have you read City of Ravens? If so care to share your thoughts? Seems like he is a favorite character of a lot of long standing realms fans, and would be a sweet thing to have something followed up on.

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief
Moderator

USA
36773 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2011 :  01:54:41  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

kind of... its not like Cyric was all that powerful when he rose to the ocassion



I wasn't aware he had yet risen to the occasion.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2011 :  02:14:02  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

so tell me, are there any obscure plans to raise Shadowbane to godhood??
I don't know . . . is that how it looks?

Cheers



Must not be obscure enough?

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2011 :  03:58:41  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll second what Wooly said. I dislike Cyric intensely. Mad gods are SOOO last century, LOL!!!

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2011 :  05:07:07  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

kind of... its not like Cyric was all that powerful when he rose to the ocassion



I wasn't aware he had yet risen to the occasion.



we all know he took the opprotunity and ran with it, mad with power and ambition all the way.... and look where it got him.

Tied to the supreme torliet for a 1000 years.

what a case of diareah he has....

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power


My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2011 :  15:12:45  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Erik,

Since there is a little buzz in the novel section that Rich Baker is working on a new Jack Ravenwild novel(according to his wotc blog)...

I was curious, have you read City of Ravens? If so care to share your thoughts? Seems like he is a favorite character of a lot of long standing realms fans, and would be a sweet thing to have something followed up on.
I have indeed read City of Ravens, though I did so when it came out (which was a long time ago), so I don't remember it very well. I do recall liking the book quite a bit. I would be happy to see Rich produce such a novel--Jack has lots of potential for the more personal stories that I prefer to big Realms-wide events.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2011 :  19:39:53  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erik,

How much work and time did you spend on Shadowbane before you were contracted to write it?

Or more to be more general, I was Just curious how deep you get into a project with out knowing if it will ever be published?

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2011 :  20:44:55  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Erik,
How much work and time did you spend on Shadowbane before you were contracted to write it?
Or more to be more general, I was Just curious how deep you get into a project with out knowing if it will ever be published?
It varies. I had some ideas for the long-term Shadowbane story, but very little on this particular novel. I developed the story and central conflict basically on the drive home from our planning meeting and wrote an outline over the next week or so.

I am a long-term planner, generally. Since even from before Downshadow, I've been jotting down ideas for a number of novels about these characters--at least 6 after Shadowbane this fall. It's just a matter of getting them all published, eventually!

Cheers


Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  20:18:38  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erik,

I asked this of Ed and wanted your take on it as well....


Any chance that bardic magic " make a comeback" in 4e ( or anytime soon)?

I am re-reading Elaines tales with Danilo, and had forgotten just how much I enjoy a good Bard's Tale (what a great intro to computer gaming that was for me on that ole commodore 64)

I love the way Elaine handles bards, but would be eager indeed to see it handled by the bearded giver of great hugs.

I think it is also something that our young friend Erik could really handle as well(I think I will pose him the same question as well!)

I think the realms could be missing out on some great stories.



Thanks!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  21:02:35  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Any chance that bardic magic " make a comeback" in 4e ( or anytime soon)?
Well, bards *do* exist in 4e (they're a base class in the PHB2), and they've got a fair amount of love from the designers. Meaning the possibility is definitely there.

I actually have not one but TWO bard characters in my forthcoming novel, Shadowbane, though one is more thief/rogue than bard, and neither of them is particularly central. One of those bards reappears in the FR novel I'm starting writing tomorrow, however, and I plan on him being fairly important.

I agree with your ultimate point as I see it, which is that a bard-centered story would be quite welcome.

Good on you to mention Danilo--I continue my trend of having the characters in my 4e FR novels quote pieces of his justly-famous poetry.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  22:32:39  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Any chance that bardic magic " make a comeback" in 4e ( or anytime soon)?
Well, bards *do* exist in 4e (they're a base class in the PHB2), and they've got a fair amount of love from the designers. Meaning the possibility is definitely there.

I actually have not one but TWO bard characters in my forthcoming novel, Shadowbane, though one is more thief/rogue than bard, and neither of them is particularly central. One of those bards reappears in the FR novel I'm starting writing tomorrow, however, and I plan on him being fairly important.

I agree with your ultimate point as I see it, which is that a bard-centered story would be quite welcome.

Good on you to mention Danilo--I continue my trend of having the characters in my 4e FR novels quote pieces of his justly-famous poetry.

Cheers



How do I do a smilley taking a bow?

Not one but two ehh? Well I did put Shadowbane on my wish list recently, maybe I need to bump it to the top? And interesting to think one survives to the next novel and becomes a "playa"!

Quoting Danilo is just awesome of you. Now if you could work in a reference to Amy Lee's lyrics and kill me most horribly in your novel...it would be the ultimate in Realms fiction

P.S. Any thing Bars and Derst-ish in either or both works?

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2011 :  23:10:47  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

How do I do a smilley taking a bow?
I approve this request.

quote:
Not one but two ehh? Well I did put Shadowbane on my wish list recently, maybe I need to bump it to the top?
Indeed! I mean, well, sure, if you WANT to . . .

I'm holding out hope we'll have copies at GenCon, and you can get a signed one from me there. No promises, though!

quote:
Quoting Danilo is just awesome of you. Now if you could work in a reference to Amy Lee's lyrics and kill me most horribly in your novel...it would be the ultimate in Realms fiction
So basically, you want Twilight in a snow-white queen getup to murder you while you quote Thann poetry to laud her beauty? Hmm, that can be arranged.

(Ironically, an Amy Lee song is currently playing on Pandora. A certain shadowy moon elf must have some role in this next novel . . .)

quote:
P.S. Any thing Bars and Derst-ish in either or both works?
Well, you never know. I bury mysteries deep at times.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 20 Mar 2011 23:13:41
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  00:22:21  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

How do I do a smilley taking a bow?
I approve this request.

quote:
Not one but two ehh? Well I did put Shadowbane on my wish list recently, maybe I need to bump it to the top?
Indeed! I mean, well, sure, if you WANT to . . .

I'm holding out hope we'll have copies at GenCon, and you can get a signed one from me there. No promises, though!

quote:
Quoting Danilo is just awesome of you. Now if you could work in a reference to Amy Lee's lyrics and kill me most horribly in your novel...it would be the ultimate in Realms fiction
So basically, you want Twilight in a snow-white queen getup to murder you while you quote Thann poetry to laud her beauty? Hmm, that can be arranged.

(Ironically, an Amy Lee song is currently playing on Pandora. A certain shadowy moon elf must have some role in this next novel . . .)

quote:
P.S. Any thing Bars and Derst-ish in either or both works?
Well, you never know. I bury mysteries deep at times.

Cheers



Well if it's not too much trouble

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  00:58:57  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

I actually have not one but TWO bard characters in my forthcoming novel, Shadowbane, though one is more thief/rogue than bard, and neither of them is particularly central. One of those bards reappears in the FR novel I'm starting writing tomorrow, however, and I plan on him being fairly important.
This, coupled with what else I just learned about your new novel, has profoundly altered my mood [for the positive] on a Monday morning. You've my great and eternal thanks, my friend.
quote:
Good on you to mention Danilo--I continue my trend of having the characters in my 4e FR novels quote pieces of his justly-famous poetry.
Heh. That does remind me of future mutant characters in the Marvel Universe, quoting the Beast from the "Wit and Wisdom of Henry McCoy."

I've speculated on the possibility of doing something similar for Danilo [both in-game and for my own reading enjoyment] -- by compiling curious phrases and such that he's uttered in the past, along with all his musically-related tidbits. Characters and NPCs could refer to it in my games.

You know, I may just add this to my "To-Do" list.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  01:09:05  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

So basically, you want Twilight in a snow-white queen getup to murder you while you quote Thann poetry to laud her beauty? Hmm, that can be arranged.
Oooh! I don't think that I could add anything to this, other than have the deathblow delivered by Betrayal.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  01:13:38  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

I actually have not one but TWO bard characters in my forthcoming novel, Shadowbane, though one is more thief/rogue than bard, and neither of them is particularly central. One of those bards reappears in the FR novel I'm starting writing tomorrow, however, and I plan on him being fairly important.
This, coupled with what else I just learned about your new novel, has profoundly altered my mood [for the positive] on a Monday morning. You've my great and eternal thanks, my friend.




And what did we just learn about it?

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  01:24:06  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

This, coupled with what else I just learned about your new novel, has profoundly altered my mood [for the positive] on a Monday morning. You've my great and eternal thanks, my friend.
And what did we just learn about it?
Probably just this:

Westgate.

That is all!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  01:34:32  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

This, coupled with what else I just learned about your new novel, has profoundly altered my mood [for the positive] on a Monday morning. You've my great and eternal thanks, my friend.
And what did we just learn about it?
Probably just this:

Westgate.

That is all!

Cheers





Are there also wretched son of dogs in Westgate now as well that need taken care of?(or are the same breed that infests Luskan)

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963

Edited by - The Red Walker on 21 Mar 2011 01:35:10
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  01:44:17  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Are there also wretched son of dogs in Westgate now as well that need taken care of?(or are the same breed that infests Luskan)

Well, quoth Gedrin Shadowbane:

"Shadow and darkness must be pursued in every form, through every street, down every path, no matter how dark, until it is wiped from the world."

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  01:52:51  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Are there also wretched son of dogs in Westgate now as well that need taken care of?(or are the same breed that infests Luskan)

Well, quoth Gedrin Shadowbane:

"Shadow and darkness must be pursued in every form, through every street, down every path, no matter how dark, until it is wiped from the world."

Cheers



Sweet!

The Fire Knives should could use a little justice served up whoop ass style.

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  03:22:40  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So Erik, if I wanted to ask you something, what would
be your Realms area of expertise?
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  14:56:42  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by althen artren

So Erik, if I wanted to ask you something, what would
be your Realms area of expertise?
Good question, Althen. I know what places of the Realms I particularly *like* and which ones I know more about than others, but I've never thought about it in quite those terms.

I'll turn that question back on my readers--based on my work, what would YOU call my Realms area of expertise? (i.e. where do you think I've best captured the feel and lore of a place?)

Most of my fiction/design stuff has taken place in the North/Savage Frontier (Waterdeep, Silver Marches, Neverwinter, Luskan, etc.) and the Dragon Coast (Westgate, Elversult, etc.) regions.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  20:23:28  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

quote:
Originally posted by althen artren

So Erik, if I wanted to ask you something, what would
be your Realms area of expertise?
Good question, Althen. I know what places of the Realms I particularly *like* and which ones I know more about than others, but I've never thought about it in quite those terms.

I'll turn that question back on my readers--based on my work, what would YOU call my Realms area of expertise? (i.e. where do you think I've best captured the feel and lore of a place?)

Most of my fiction/design stuff has taken place in the North/Savage Frontier (Waterdeep, Silver Marches, Neverwinter, Luskan, etc.) and the Dragon Coast (Westgate, Elversult, etc.) regions.

Cheers



Hmm...you seem to have a good pen for dark places underground as well as Back alleys and out of the eye spots in Waterdeep.

Seems like your expertise my lye "off the grid" so to speak.

Also if one wants to discuss how music can influences writing your my go to guy , aslo if someone were interested in how to write vividly, makeing the action flow like a movie, your the man for that as well.

P.S. Your the expert on how Goliaths and Elves relate as well

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2011 :  20:30:01  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

quote:
Originally posted by althen artren

So Erik, if I wanted to ask you something, what would
be your Realms area of expertise?
Good question, Althen. I know what places of the Realms I particularly *like* and which ones I know more about than others, but I've never thought about it in quite those terms.

I'll turn that question back on my readers--based on my work, what would YOU call my Realms area of expertise? (i.e. where do you think I've best captured the feel and lore of a place?)

Most of my fiction/design stuff has taken place in the North/Savage Frontier (Waterdeep, Silver Marches, Neverwinter, Luskan, etc.) and the Dragon Coast (Westgate, Elversult, etc.) regions.

Cheers



Hmm...you seem to have a good pen for dark places underground as well as Back alleys and out of the eye spots in Waterdeep.

Seems like your expertise my lye "off the grid" so to speak.

Also if one wants to discuss how music can influences writing your my go to guy , aslo if someone were interested in how to write vividly, makeing the action flow like a movie, your the man for that as well.

P.S. Your the expert on how Goliaths and Elves relate as well



P.S.S. Now that you've asked...and I try to quantify your work....

it seems to me like your on hell of a tightrope walker. What I mean is you do so well write novles, the way I prefer to see them written. You kinda take some stuff on the fringes of whats known, throw in a dash of the known and ...Bam..you have a great novel that doesnt shake the whole realms, while still telling a hell of a yarn!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 53 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000