Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Erik Scott de Bie
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 53

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2009 :  20:59:37  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm gratified that you care so much about our work!

The Wizards online forum is a possibility: http://forums.gleemax.com/forumdisplay.php?f=914

Also, sometimes the most effective messages are hand-written, snail-mail letters sent to the high ups. Address it to the individual you're writing to (Phil Athans, or Novel Department, or Brand Manager, etc.), c/o . . . and then use the Wizards LLC address (check here). Tell them what you like about the books, how you see them helping the realms as a setting and the D&D game as a whole, what you really want to see next from the authors, mention how you're getting all your friends to buy them, etc., etc.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Teneck
Learned Scribe

USA
133 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2009 :  21:01:46  Show Profile  Visit Teneck's Homepage Send Teneck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Erik...message sent

"Go ahead...Sleep in the church...the vampires can't get ya in the church" Any DM...any time.

"He's like a trained ape...without the training"
Simon after Jane trashed the Med lab
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2009 :  01:14:02  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

ummm according to The Sage, there was a mention of a mage in grey which accroding to him was a note of the Grey Hands.
they'd approach him, and they would start with usual taunt, we can do this the easy way or the hard way. My little group here, we prefer the hard way.....
It wasn't definitive. It was just a reference that reminded me of the Grey Hands. I'll re-post it below:-
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I'm not entirely all up on 4e Realmslore for Waterdeep, but I do recall a tidbit in Blackstaff Tower that made me think of the Grey Hands. Let me find it.

Edit: Got it! -- pg. 191. A bit about all grey-robes possessing wands that allow them to paralyze or slow their opponents. This rang "Grey Hands" bells in my mind.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Teneck
Learned Scribe

USA
133 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2009 :  16:29:54  Show Profile  Visit Teneck's Homepage Send Teneck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

I think in Downshadow he's not powerful/notorious enough to warrant their notice/action. I mean, the watch/guard didn't even really believe he existed until the events of the novel, and even now, it's confined to Rayse and Talanna (who actually saw him in action).

I know you have him as a Rogue/Paladin build with a couple levels of inquisitor in there. But what (game terms) level do you see him as?
And where do you see him progressing to now that he is "out and about"?

"Go ahead...Sleep in the church...the vampires can't get ya in the church" Any DM...any time.

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2009 :  18:08:11  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Teneck

I know you have him as a Rogue/Paladin build with a couple levels of inquisitor in there. But what (game terms) level do you see him as?
Well, that's a complex question. If you're talking about Shadowbane as he actually appears in the novel, then we're talking 4e FR, to which 3.5 mechanics (like rogue/paladin/shadowbane inquisitor) don't really apply with any veracity.

In 4e terms, he's really a pursuit avenger (possibly multiclass paladin feats, possibly multiclass spellplague feats--haven't yet built him), and he's probably around 8th level or so. High heroic tier, for sure.

quote:
And where do you see him progressing to now that he is "out and about"?
I suspect that he'll keep progressing along that same path (avenger), and that the next novel will see him either again at high heroic, or (if it's a trilogy) getting into paragon tier.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Teneck
Learned Scribe

USA
133 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2009 :  18:13:53  Show Profile  Visit Teneck's Homepage Send Teneck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

[quote]

I suspect that he'll keep progressing along that same path (avenger), and that the next novel will see him either again at high heroic, or (if it's a trilogy) getting into paragon tier.

Cheers

Now THAT I wanna see...Not too familiar with the Pursuit Avenger path from 4e but it it seems like a gesalt(sp) kind of build?

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2009 :  18:40:28  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Now THAT I wanna see...Not too familiar with the Pursuit Avenger path from 4e but it it seems like a gesalt(sp) kind of build?

Remember the divine seeker from the 3.0 FRCS or 3.5 PGFR? Pretty much that sort of concept: a divine thief/assassin who serves a particular church.

The avenger is half-monk, half-hitman (to quote James Bond), channeling divine power to smite foes one-by-one. The pursuit avenger is one who emphasizes mobility and speed to chase after a foe who tries to run (and such flight is a foolish, vain prospect).

They're basically fleet-of-foot striker-sort-of paladins who grow a little jaded (i.e., not necessarily LG) from their work. Pretty much Shadowbane.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Teneck
Learned Scribe

USA
133 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2009 :  19:02:28  Show Profile  Visit Teneck's Homepage Send Teneck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

They're basically fleet-of-foot striker-sort-of paladins who grow a little jaded (i.e., not necessarily LG) from their work. Pretty much Shadowbane.

Cheers

Not LG and still have a touch of the divine...OOOOO I like it, I like it. This is why I have changed my position a wee bit on my anti 4th Ed stance (sorry Mace). While I will still play in 3.5 Realms there are some builds and aspects of 4th Ed that are intriguing to me. And the Pathfinder rules as well. As I have always done I will take what I want out of the books and leave the rest....this will just encourage me to look at some 4th ed stuff for rules and builds.

As it was stated in one of the 3.0 edition core books "These books are only a guide line" and I will continue to be guided and not forced.

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2009 :  19:54:20  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, cool. Check it out, and if you like it, that's cool. If not, whatevs. If you love the Realms half as much as I do, you're a shoe-in on this thread.

I play it all. I played 1e a few times, 2e, 3/3.5e, 4e, the works. I haven't actually got the chance to play in a Pathfinder game, though the rules are really awesome, IMO, and I have read quite a bit about it. (Looking for an opportunity to write for those guys as well!)

I'm of the "live-and-let-live" philosophy: play what game you like, and let everyone else play whatever games they like. The desire to bash other games/settings/etc--or other people for liking them--saddens me. (Though I'll readily confess that terms like "Sellplague" and "Dragginglance" are pretty darn hilarious--untrue, but hilarious. )

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2009 :  22:20:50  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
he could be a paladin with mutliclass avenger too, with the grey guard pp when the time comes....

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Teneck
Learned Scribe

USA
133 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  15:59:11  Show Profile  Visit Teneck's Homepage Send Teneck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

(Snip)
(Though I'll readily confess that terms like "Sellplague" and "Dragginglance" are pretty darn hilarious--untrue, but hilarious. )

Cheers

My friends and I always refer to the Dragon Lance books as the "And they marched" series. Always movin...but not really getting anywhere...Wheel of time is like that in spots as well.

The nice thing about both of your books that I have read is the pacing of the story line...it never goes so fast that you feel rushed...but it never slows down too much either. It is a tough balance to accomplish I'm sure...I assume it is difficult as I haven't written a novel(yet) and a lot of writers miss the mark.

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  16:28:34  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pacing is, indeed, one of the big challenges. Also characterization, character development, plotting, revelations, surprises, dialogue, action . . . (the list goes on!)

You've heard about the Wheel of Time being finished posthumously, right? Three volumes to be written by Brandon Sanderson: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wheel_of_Time#Author.27s_death_and_final_book

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Teneck
Learned Scribe

USA
133 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2009 :  16:53:09  Show Profile  Visit Teneck's Homepage Send Teneck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Pacing is, indeed, one of the big challenges. Also characterization, character development, plotting, revelations, surprises, dialogue, action . . . (the list goes on!)

You've heard about the Wheel of Time being finished posthumously, right? Three volumes to be written by Brandon Sanderson: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wheel_of_Time#Author.27s_death_and_final_book

Cheers

Yes I have heard of the series continuation, and I am waiting(not quite so patiently)for the next book. I came into reading that series rather late so I have not been waiting as long as some others, but I am still excited about it.
As much as I pan and deride books for their slowness in point A to point B travel it is always a challenge to me as a DM to make the journey for the characters mean something (other then "you spend 5 days on the road...nothing happens") or RP every single day and make a big deal out of something not important to the story ("Ok, who's cooking dinner tonight...and give me a watch schedule").
The random encounter rolls help some but I have gotten to the point of planning a trip in my head for them as to if something happens or not, that way I can choose when to role play it.
Except those crafty players of mine know me too well(they are all my family)to REALLY surprise them most of the time.

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2009 :  15:45:39  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just thought I'd pop in to offer this link to a persistent interview with me over at Loremaster: http://www.loremaster.org/vbinterviews.php?do=showinterview&id=3

Fox-at-Twilight fans might find quite a bit to like over there.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2009 :  20:41:32  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hmmmmm Foxxie at twilight.....eating ice cream once per tenday......

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

Erethar
Acolyte

Germany
20 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2009 :  13:30:28  Show Profile  Visit Erethar's Homepage Send Erethar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't posted in quite a while, but I thought I should drop by, as I now start on reading Downshadow!
Because as I held it in my hands, a question came to my mind:

How much information about how good a book/series is selling is wizards giving out to the authors. And in addition, how well did your books get sold? I'm sure wizards puts the decision who gets a trilogy based on sales, so I whish you the best

regards,
Erethar
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2009 :  18:45:38  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We get royalties statements which tell us how many copies each of our books sells in a given quarter. I won't give actual figures, but I will say that my novels sell pretty well.

And I think there are a lot of factors that go into the decision to contract trilogies, move a series to hardcover, etc., etc. I am hopeful that I will one day meet all of WotC's criteria, because there is a LOT of story to be told.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2009 :  16:33:12  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I am hopeful that I will one day meet all of WotC's criteria, because there is a LOT of story to be told.

Well Erik, if you need buyers for your future 9 book Fox-series: count me in! Starting with "Fox among the Uthgardt"...

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2009 :  18:12:28  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skychrome

Well Erik, if you need buyers for your future 9 book Fox-series: count me in! Starting with "Fox among the Uthgardt"...

That's a particularly harrowing, deeply romantic story, and I hope to see it in print one day.

One little lore nugget: the working title Arita used when he (she?) wrote that volume was "The Marauder Queen," but it was since changed by the publisher to reflect the naming convention of the rest of the series. A number of first editions still carry the original title.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 09 Oct 2009 18:12:52
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2009 :  20:42:21  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
One little lore nugget: the working title Arita used when he (she?) wrote that volume was "The Marauder Queen," but it was since changed by the publisher to reflect the naming convention of the rest of the series. A number of first editions still carry the original title.

Hmm, since you mention this detail, I assume that you have already written a story where you have someone reading or picking up a copy of The Marauder Queen?

Regarding the Fox-series, the titles of the books that I highlighted with bold letters sound particularly exciting to my personal likings:

1. Fox among the Uthgardt (1469)
2. Fox among the Night Masks (1470)
3. Fox against the Lord of Fate (1471)
4. Fox on the Run (1472)
5. Fox among the Dueling Dragons (1475)
6. Fox in the Black Bastion (1476) (which Black Bastion could that be?)
7. Fox and the Shrouded Prince (1477)
8. Fox in the Anauroch (1478)
9. Fox and the Blue Fire (forthcoming, 1479)

Please WotC, give Erik the Hollywood-call!

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2009 :  22:34:07  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skychrome

quote:

Hmm, since you mention this detail, I assume that you have already written a story where you have someone reading or picking up a copy of The Marauder Queen?
Lips = sealed.

quote:
6. Fox in the Black Bastion (1476) (which Black Bastion could that be?)
Hmm . . . I wonder . . .

quote:
Please WotC, give Erik the Hollywood-call!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Erethar
Acolyte

Germany
20 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2009 :  00:16:18  Show Profile  Visit Erethar's Homepage Send Erethar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I finished Downshadow some days ago and thougt i should drop by to voice my opinion

I start with the things i didn't liked too much, but its nothing too serious. As with Depths of madness there is a bit too much Lust thrown around. The women strike me a little bit as how men would like them to be, beautiful and willing. As the reader I am mostly having the perspektive of kalen who is the focus of the longing here, you are definetely catering to the male reader here, right? ;)

But it's really a minor thing AND absolutely a subjective (?) one. Now on to the things I really liked:

You spent a lot of thought on Detail, in a way you are rewarding readers who know a lot about the realms as they can appreciate those little hints, like the verse from Thann or your mentioning of things pre 4e.
Which brings me to the next point. I think your linking the 'old' 3e era to the 4e era is the best I've read so far. I really got the feeling this is the same world although changed. The mentioning of now legendary people of old, the old now dead gods (really great Idea to let the main character be a follower of a dead god,you show us how the old flavor can be taken over to the new realms, es aspects of the new gods for example) and many other things

And the last, but i think crucial point is, even though you are limited by 'only' getting to write stand alone novels you succeed in creating your setting within the setting giving a feeling of a greater story arc above the single novels. Downshadow cannot only be seen as the story it is, but also as the view of a supporting character on a part of the 'main' story, being Fox' life that is. You reward people for knowing your other works without disappointing people who do not.

I think you will surely get more orders from wizard because of your strategy you encourage people to buy your other books also.

So, it is late here in germany, forgive me my mispellings and especially my grammar ( by the way, correcting my grammar helps me getting practice) for I'm too tired to read it through again. I wish you the best for the future an keep up the excellent work!

( ah, about the sexual thing again... as I know some of Greenwoods work, I think you're keeping a tradition, so it's not so bad after all ;) )
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2009 :  16:12:32  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@Erethar, I write women in a certain way, and I'm sorry if it doesn't work for you. In this case, it's not because I view women that way, but a consideration of my audience, which I think wants a number of things from female characters: smart, sexy, strong, independent, realistic. (And it's also clear to me that these things aren't mutually exclusive.)

I try to strike a balance between real and romanticized--so that these are real people in a real setting, but also keeping them fantasy heroines that *fit* with the traditions of fantasy, which is notably archetypal and tends toward metaphor rather than the literal. That doesn't mean I want or attempt to make them quote-unquote "chainmail bikini babes" but they do have a tendency toward being larger than life, as it were.

I personally think that all my female characters can be explained by one psychological construct or another, but I think I would point to Rayse and Cellica as the closest to "real women" I came. Fayne is a purposefully deceptive creature who plays on exactly this sort of thing (she manipulates people by *being* the way men want women to be) and Myrin is "not-all-there" as it were--basically, she's a teenage girl with a teenage girl's mentality. Given the chance, I plan to develop her substantially more as a character.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

gomez
Learned Scribe

Netherlands
254 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2009 :  16:12:41  Show Profile  Visit gomez's Homepage Send gomez a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just briefly browsed through the Eye of Justice. Looks interesting, have to look a bit more into it, I only browsed through it.
Maybe I can get someone to set up the Chiangs (another Dragonmcoast-based org) against them. :D

Note that Shadowbane refers to a 'spellscarred flesh' ability that is missing from the statblock. Does it refer to his resist?
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2009 :  16:23:07  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wanted to mention two other things, in response to your long and excellent post, Erethar:

quote:
Originally posted by Erethar

As the reader I am mostly having the perspektive of kalen who is the focus of the longing here, you are definetely catering to the male reader here, right? ;)
Heh. Yes, a bit. Partly, that's just how the plot worked out, and as I said earlier, partly that's just Waterdeep as I see it. And thirdly, I wanted to invest him with a powerful romantic nature, in the tradition of Robin Hood, Batman, Roland of Gilead, etc. This sort of hero is sexy, and I wanted that to come across.

quote:
You spent a lot of thought on Detail, in a way you are rewarding readers who know a lot about the realms as they can appreciate those little hints, like the verse from Thann or your mentioning of things pre 4e.
Thanks! And yes, I did this all purposefully. I, like many of my readers, love the Realms and all the lore, and I wanted to tell a new story in the advanced setting that would appeal to new readers whilst rewarding long-time readers and fans like myself.

The Threefold God idea came partly from how I initially thought up Shadowbane (as a crusader of Helm) before I knew anything about the time-skip or the new setting, and the desire to show the way the old lore influences the present day. I did want things to come across as legendary and really, really cool.

quote:
( ah, about the sexual thing again... as I know some of Greenwoods work, I think you're keeping a tradition, so it's not so bad after all ;) )
Heh. Yes, honoring Ed's work and the flavor he invested in his setting was one of my priorities as well.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2009 :  16:38:53  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gomez

Note that Shadowbane refers to a 'spellscarred flesh' ability that is missing from the statblock. Does it refer to his resist?
That is a non-attack ability that got cut from the final draft--I think rightly, as it's sort of redundant. Your instinct is right on: it does indeed refer to his resist 5 all when bloodied.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Erethar
Acolyte

Germany
20 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2009 :  00:16:31  Show Profile  Visit Erethar's Homepage Send Erethar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your response mr. de Bie.

I want to point one thing out: Even though some things don't work so well with me, the overall novel makes more than up for it and i will gladly read any other forthcoming works from you. I really like the complex structure of your surrounding 'main plot'.

I share your view on Rayse and Cellica. Your explanation about Kalen being the centre because you wanted some superhero-flavor like batman is very helpful, i think i can grasp it now a little better ( it doesn't come to my mind because I grew up more with Asterix and Ducktales or 'Digedags' of anyone knows what i mean^^)

Seeing Myrin I briefly got my hopes up for a new goddess of magic if they ever let you write a trilogy, but what I've seen of 4e is looking like they don't want magic to be restricted to have more freedom working with it (gameplay and storywise)

One last question for the moment: I have read Downshadow and Depths of madness and 'The greater Treasure' and they connect really well. But as Ghostwalker is your first novel, I suspect it has none of those ties?
( Sadly can't get a hold on Realms of the Dragons II, it's sold out on amazon.de you contributet a short story there If i recall correctly?)

I'm sure we will see another FR Book from you, I hope they have some room in second half of 2010 :)
Go to Top of Page

Teneck
Learned Scribe

USA
133 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2009 :  05:17:04  Show Profile  Visit Teneck's Homepage Send Teneck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

One last question for the moment: I have read Downshadow and Depths of madness and 'The greater Treasure' and they connect really well. But as Ghostwalker is your first novel, I suspect it has none of those ties?

But if you read close he does a shout out to Ghostwalker in Downshadow...very subtle...but there.

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2009 :  14:59:51  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Seeing Myrin I briefly got my hopes up for a new goddess of magic if they ever let you write a trilogy, but what I've seen of 4e is looking like they don't want magic to be restricted to have more freedom working with it (gameplay and storywise)
I have seen that theory advanced before--that Myrin is some sort of fledgling goddess of magic or heir to a similar power . . . we'll (hopefully) see in the future.

quote:
(Sadly can't get a hold on Realms of the Dragons II, it's sold out on amazon.de you contributet a short story there If i recall correctly?)
I did indeed. RotD2 is out-of-print (has been for a while), so if you see any copies at any used bookstores, snap them up. If you ever make a trip to the states, you might have more luck over here.

quote:

quote:

But if you read close he does a shout out to Ghostwalker in Downshadow...very subtle...but there.
Indeed. I think it's very appropriate and accurate, thematically.

Also, I think you'll find a subtle reference to Ghostwalker in my forthcoming short story contribution to the Realms of the Dead anthology.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2009 :  21:32:19  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I read your eye of justice article it was pretty good....

now when is Foxxie at twilight getting ddi love???

and her evil twin shadow fox

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 53 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000