Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for James P Davis
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2007 :  09:29:10  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Glad to hear you'll be doing a new novel.


Thanks! I am glad to finally report it!

I've actually just seen the cover and am totally blown away. I think the artist (David Seidman) can almost read minds. Hopefully it should be showing up on Amazon soon, along with the expanded info, back-cover blurb, etc.

Best,
--James

"Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red."--Clive Barker

FR: RotD2:"Possessions"
Wizards:Bloodwalk
Citadels: The Shield of Weeping Ghosts
Wilds: The Restless Shore
Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep: Circle of Skulls (May 2010)
Book trailers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC-ska7ohVk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfvFdQ8bLp0
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2007 :  00:07:56  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James P. Davis

Thanks! I am glad to finally report it!

I've actually just seen the cover and am totally blown away. I think the artist (David Seidman) can almost read minds. Hopefully it should be showing up on Amazon soon, along with the expanded info, back-cover blurb, etc.

Best,
--James




Oh goody!!! I can't wait to see that cover.

Is it mindblowing like Stark and Grisly or more Vivid snd Shocking? ;)

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2007 :  07:42:06  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:
Originally posted by James P. Davis

Thanks! I am glad to finally report it!

I've actually just seen the cover and am totally blown away. I think the artist (David Seidman) can almost read minds. Hopefully it should be showing up on Amazon soon, along with the expanded info, back-cover blurb, etc.

Best,
--James




Oh goody!!! I can't wait to see that cover.

Is it mindblowing like Stark and Grisly or more Vivid snd Shocking? ;)



Oh definitely stark and grisly, like finding a body frozen in ice, one that you're sure has not been there for very long at all...teehee! Of course that could be quite vivid as well and a maybe bit of a shock unless one just happened to be looking for a body, so perhaps it's a little of each. And also quite pretty. :)

"Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red."--Clive Barker

FR: RotD2:"Possessions"
Wizards:Bloodwalk
Citadels: The Shield of Weeping Ghosts
Wilds: The Restless Shore
Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep: Circle of Skulls (May 2010)
Book trailers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC-ska7ohVk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfvFdQ8bLp0
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2007 :  21:12:23  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James P. Davis


Oh definitely stark and grisly, like finding a body frozen in ice, one that you're sure has not been there for very long at all...teehee! Of course that could be quite vivid as well and a maybe bit of a shock unless one just happened to be looking for a body, so perhaps it's a little of each. And also quite pretty. :)



Veeerrrrryyyy Nice!! Can't wait to read you work James.

If the cover is anything like it sounds then I can guarantee you that one Erik Scott de Bie is going to be sooooo jealous!!!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2008 :  22:19:04  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:
Originally posted by James P. Davis


Oh definitely stark and grisly, like finding a body frozen in ice, one that you're sure has not been there for very long at all...teehee! Of course that could be quite vivid as well and a maybe bit of a shock unless one just happened to be looking for a body, so perhaps it's a little of each. And also quite pretty. :)



Veeerrrrryyyy Nice!! Can't wait to read you work James.

If the cover is anything like it sounds then I can guarantee you that one Erik Scott de Bie is going to be sooooo jealous!!!



Eek! Here's a long overdue reply, heh!

Well the cover is out there, hope ya' like! And Erik's latest cover for "The Depths of Madness" is certainly not lacking in the dark and creepy department. Good stuff, but mine, I thought, actually turned out really, well pretty...if one ignores the teeth in the doorway and several screaming/weeping ghosts...I love the color scheme.

In other news, there is now a blurb for "The Shield of Weeping Ghosts" on Amazon:

"The past will come back to haunt them...

A group of warriors from Rashemen escorts an exiled wizard to a ruined citadel in the City of Weeping Ghosts. Once there, the wizard discovers a barbarian tribe is trying to unlock the secrets of the citadel and the weapon that destroyed it two thousand years ago.

A series that centers on the citadels - castles, keeps, fortresses, and watchtowers - of the Forgotten Realms world, each book in The Citadels series is a self-contained fantasy adventure."

And as I mention in my blogs, for the hardcore Realms fan: Shandaular.

I hope that piques some interest.

Best,
--James

"Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red."--Clive Barker

FR: RotD2:"Possessions"
Wizards:Bloodwalk
Citadels: The Shield of Weeping Ghosts
Wilds: The Restless Shore
Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep: Circle of Skulls (May 2010)
Book trailers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC-ska7ohVk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfvFdQ8bLp0
Go to Top of Page

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2008 :  22:22:13  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
::bump::

Main menu didn't show an update here for some reason.

--James

"Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red."--Clive Barker

FR: RotD2:"Possessions"
Wizards:Bloodwalk
Citadels: The Shield of Weeping Ghosts
Wilds: The Restless Shore
Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep: Circle of Skulls (May 2010)
Book trailers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC-ska7ohVk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfvFdQ8bLp0
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2008 :  17:47:05  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How did I miss all this?

Good show, James! Good show!

Ghostwalkers unite! Nyah!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2008 :  11:36:13  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

How did I miss all this?

Good show, James! Good show!

Ghostwalkers unite! Nyah!

Cheers



Thanks!

They know how we rollin'!

"Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red."--Clive Barker

FR: RotD2:"Possessions"
Wizards:Bloodwalk
Citadels: The Shield of Weeping Ghosts
Wilds: The Restless Shore
Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep: Circle of Skulls (May 2010)
Book trailers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC-ska7ohVk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfvFdQ8bLp0
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2008 :  05:22:05  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
just finished shield of weeping ghosts

very good novel.


but what would of happened if the breath was destroyed? as in its temperature dropped, and raised so many time that it would become brittle and destroyed after hitting something solid?
it seams, that the sword is a nightmare of the east

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power


My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2008 :  08:46:12  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

just finished shield of weeping ghosts

very good novel.


but what would of happened if the breath was destroyed? as in its temperature dropped, and raised so many time that it would become brittle and destroyed after hitting something solid?
it seams, that the sword is a nightmare of the east


Thanks sfdragon! Glad you enjoyed!

As for the Breath, I think the default answer would be the magic involved. Though the blade has no apparent magical properties most of the time, it was made to withstand the power of Stygia and to contain a fragment of that power after being withdrawn from the Word.

But you're right regarding it being a nightmare, as long as the Breath exists, there's always the possibility that Bastun could fail and some follower of Levistus could come along with no qualms about accepting the arch-devil's bargain and acting accordingly...hmmm, in fact that'd be an interesting story (jotting down notes for future reference)

Cheers!
--James

"Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red."--Clive Barker

FR: RotD2:"Possessions"
Wizards:Bloodwalk
Citadels: The Shield of Weeping Ghosts
Wilds: The Restless Shore
Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep: Circle of Skulls (May 2010)
Book trailers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC-ska7ohVk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfvFdQ8bLp0
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2008 :  19:52:26  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
heat up metal in an anti magic field, then stick outside in the snow, rince repeat

make the sword brittle, smash brittle sword and the breath would be in shards....

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power


My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2008 :  01:27:03  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Mr. Davis:

Just finished reading the book Shield of Weeping Ghosts, and I was intrigued about the history of Shaundaular- specifically, of course, because of the Ilythiiri history and influence in the city. Are there any other sourcebooks that mention the city, or was it created specifically for the novel? While I'm not quite up on my Rashemi/Nar lore (although, I do like the place ), it isn't a name that I recall seeing anywhere before...

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 08 Jul 2008 01:27:36
Go to Top of Page

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2008 :  06:15:08  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dagnirion

-Mr. Davis:

Just finished reading the book Shield of Weeping Ghosts, and I was intrigued about the history of Shaundaular- specifically, of course, because of the Ilythiiri history and influence in the city. Are there any other sourcebooks that mention the city, or was it created specifically for the novel? While I'm not quite up on my Rashemi/Nar lore (although, I do like the place ), it isn't a name that I recall seeing anywhere before...


Actually I believe mention of Shandaular goes all the way back to the FR gray box, however it has almost always carried the same description, namely the portal,the other Shandaular (in the Shaar), and its role as the last city of Ashanath to fall before the total rule of a unified Narfell. Beyond that (and the wraiths that fill the streets) it's been mostly a mystery until now.

The other sources that come to mind are the FR Campaign Setting, Unapproachable East (listed as the City of Weeping Ghosts), and Lost Empires of Faerun, though I believe the latter speaks mostly of the southern Shandaular, known to the Shaaryan tribes as the Council Hills (ah yes, also in Shining South).

Add in my story (with some much appreciated, unpublished lore and advice from Eric Boyd and George Krashos) and that's about all the published lore that I'm aware of.

Glad you liked it!

sfdragon wrote:
quote:
heat up metal in an anti magic field, then stick outside in the snow, rince repeat

make the sword brittle, smash brittle sword and the breath would be in shards....

Possible, but if powerful artifacts were that easily destroyed, the Lord of the Rings might not have been long enough to make a trilogy. Besides, should I get to revisit Bastun again I'll need to come up with some creative way for the Breath to break...if indeed he has truly decided to break it by that time (mwahaha!).

"Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red."--Clive Barker

FR: RotD2:"Possessions"
Wizards:Bloodwalk
Citadels: The Shield of Weeping Ghosts
Wilds: The Restless Shore
Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep: Circle of Skulls (May 2010)
Book trailers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC-ska7ohVk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfvFdQ8bLp0
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2008 :  09:25:36  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
aye but the one ring of doom was no ordinary artifact, a soulfused item.....

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power


My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2008 :  21:12:23  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Thank you, sir. I'll review those particular sources, and if I have any more questions, I'll know who to come back to.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2008 :  09:42:53  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
which type of artifact is the breath anyway?
religious or historical??

the reason is, its no ax of the dwarf lords which is tied to the church of moradin...

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power


My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2008 :  20:03:37  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

which type of artifact is the breath anyway?
religious or historical??

the reason is, its no ax of the dwarf lords which is tied to the church of moradin...


I suppose if its secrets got out, it could be an important artifact to the followers of Levistus. A very small religion in the Realms compared to most and eager to seize any power that would link them to their imprisoned devil-lord.

Though when I speak of the Breath as an artifact I use the term in its traditional (albeit loose) definition in the Dungeons and Dragons rules: as a unique item forged by powerful magic that has endured through the centuries. The magic used in its creation is (as far as I know) unique in the Realms, being a combination of commonly known arcane magic and magical secrets of the old Illythirri elves, their magic being just one part of the reason they were cast down into the earth to become the drow....a race which, due to their ancient connection, could possibly be instrumental in the conditions needed to destroy the Breath and the Word, though in what capacity I'll leave to those clever DM's who choose to feature these artifacts in their campaigns.

Best,
--James



"Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red."--Clive Barker

FR: RotD2:"Possessions"
Wizards:Bloodwalk
Citadels: The Shield of Weeping Ghosts
Wilds: The Restless Shore
Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep: Circle of Skulls (May 2010)
Book trailers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC-ska7ohVk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfvFdQ8bLp0
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2008 :  10:33:50  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
so disjunction on it then would not imply the 25% chance of diety showing up cursing you to no more magic for you then.......


oh and earlier i had running through my mind a council with some dwarven elemental archon of kossuth hacking at the breath with an axe, just to have some hathran tell him that it could not be broken by any craft they possessed. mae me chuckle for a bit, needed a laugh at the time, so thanks for the lotr comment...



shatter or redeam...;..

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power


My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2008 :  22:26:08  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

oh and earlier i had running through my mind a council with some dwarven elemental archon of kossuth hacking at the breath with an axe, just to have some hathran tell him that it could not be broken by any craft they possessed. mae me chuckle for a bit, needed a laugh at the time, so thanks for the lotr comment...

LOL! Fellowship of the Breath? Hmmm, maybe not...

Actually, I just pictured Hugo Weaving in drag. Eek.




"Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red."--Clive Barker

FR: RotD2:"Possessions"
Wizards:Bloodwalk
Citadels: The Shield of Weeping Ghosts
Wilds: The Restless Shore
Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep: Circle of Skulls (May 2010)
Book trailers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC-ska7ohVk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfvFdQ8bLp0
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2008 :  00:08:03  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James P. Davis

quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

oh and earlier i had running through my mind a council with some dwarven elemental archon of kossuth hacking at the breath with an axe, just to have some hathran tell him that it could not be broken by any craft they possessed. mae me chuckle for a bit, needed a laugh at the time, so thanks for the lotr comment...

LOL! Fellowship of the Breath? Hmmm, maybe not...

Actually, I just pictured Hugo Weaving in drag. Eek.





EWWWWwwwwww ......Bad author!!!!

You are supposed to use your powers for the bettement of your readers.

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963

Edited by - The Red Walker on 16 Jul 2008 00:08:56
Go to Top of Page

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2008 :  06:44:29  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:
Originally posted by James P. Davis

quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

oh and earlier i had running through my mind a council with some dwarven elemental archon of kossuth hacking at the breath with an axe, just to have some hathran tell him that it could not be broken by any craft they possessed. mae me chuckle for a bit, needed a laugh at the time, so thanks for the lotr comment...

LOL! Fellowship of the Breath? Hmmm, maybe not...

Actually, I just pictured Hugo Weaving in drag. Eek.





EWWWWwwwwww ......Bad author!!!!

You are supposed to use your powers for the bettement of your readers.


Mwahaha!

Though to be sure, however much I like a little dark and scary (and perhaps bloody) scenery, I will never include mention of Hugo Weaving in a flower print sundress and wide brim fancy hat...in my novels...(was that too much description?)

"Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red."--Clive Barker

FR: RotD2:"Possessions"
Wizards:Bloodwalk
Citadels: The Shield of Weeping Ghosts
Wilds: The Restless Shore
Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep: Circle of Skulls (May 2010)
Book trailers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC-ska7ohVk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfvFdQ8bLp0
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2008 :  13:37:20  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James P. Davis

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:
Originally posted by James P. Davis

quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

oh and earlier i had running through my mind a council with some dwarven elemental archon of kossuth hacking at the breath with an axe, just to have some hathran tell him that it could not be broken by any craft they possessed. mae me chuckle for a bit, needed a laugh at the time, so thanks for the lotr comment...

LOL! Fellowship of the Breath? Hmmm, maybe not...

Actually, I just pictured Hugo Weaving in drag. Eek.





EWWWWwwwwww ......Bad author!!!!

You are supposed to use your powers for the bettement of your readers.


Mwahaha!

Though to be sure, however much I like a little dark and scary (and perhaps bloody) scenery, I will never include mention of Hugo Weaving in a flower print sundress and wide brim fancy hat...in my novels...(was that too much description?)

Seems to me these "unusual" musing come maybe , too easily to your pen!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2008 :  19:56:53  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker
Seems to me these "unusual" musing come maybe , too easily to your pen!


Way too easy....once I flip the switch in my head labeled "nothing is sacred", there's no telling what I'll come up with. To quote Millennium's Frank Black: It is my gift, it is my curse...

"Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red."--Clive Barker

FR: RotD2:"Possessions"
Wizards:Bloodwalk
Citadels: The Shield of Weeping Ghosts
Wilds: The Restless Shore
Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep: Circle of Skulls (May 2010)
Book trailers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC-ska7ohVk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfvFdQ8bLp0
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2008 :  14:01:50  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James P. Davis

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker
Seems to me these "unusual" musing come maybe , too easily to your pen!


Way too easy....once I flip the switch in my head labeled "nothing is sacred", there's no telling what I'll come up with. To quote Millennium's Frank Black: It is my gift, it is my curse...




What is keeping you busy these days James? I hope another FR novel?

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2008 :  20:26:45  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:
Originally posted by James P. Davis

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker
Seems to me these "unusual" musing come maybe , too easily to your pen!


Way too easy....once I flip the switch in my head labeled "nothing is sacred", there's no telling what I'll come up with. To quote Millennium's Frank Black: It is my gift, it is my curse...




What is keeping you busy these days James? I hope another FR novel?


Staying quite busy...and that's about all I'm allowed to say at the moment. The NDA is harsh on info.

But as soon as anything is made public, I will race to announce it first (though I'll likely lose again, like last time, to the speedy sages of Candlekeep. You guys just rock.).

"Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red."--Clive Barker

FR: RotD2:"Possessions"
Wizards:Bloodwalk
Citadels: The Shield of Weeping Ghosts
Wilds: The Restless Shore
Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep: Circle of Skulls (May 2010)
Book trailers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC-ska7ohVk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfvFdQ8bLp0
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2008 :  00:01:23  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James P. Davis

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:
Originally posted by James P. Davis

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker
Seems to me these "unusual" musing come maybe , too easily to your pen!


Way too easy....once I flip the switch in my head labeled "nothing is sacred", there's no telling what I'll come up with. To quote Millennium's Frank Black: It is my gift, it is my curse...




What is keeping you busy these days James? I hope another FR novel?


Staying quite busy...and that's about all I'm allowed to say at the moment. The NDA is harsh on info.

But as soon as anything is made public, I will race to announce it first (though I'll likely lose again, like last time, to the speedy sages of Candlekeep. You guys just rock.).

We cannot wait to hear what it is!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963

Edited by - The Red Walker on 19 Jul 2008 00:02:01
Go to Top of Page

Zerak-Tul
Acolyte

Denmark
4 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2008 :  19:39:26  Show Profile  Visit Zerak-Tul's Homepage Send Zerak-Tul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello James

I'd just like to commend you on an eerily good opening chapter of Shield of Weeping Ghosts.

Zerak
Go to Top of Page

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2008 :  08:35:12  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zerak-Tul

Hello James

I'd just like to commend you on an eerily good opening chapter of Shield of Weeping Ghosts.

Zerak


Thank you muchly!

I hope you enjoy the rest and please stop by to let me know your thoughts!

Best,
--JPDavis

"Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red."--Clive Barker

FR: RotD2:"Possessions"
Wizards:Bloodwalk
Citadels: The Shield of Weeping Ghosts
Wilds: The Restless Shore
Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep: Circle of Skulls (May 2010)
Book trailers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC-ska7ohVk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfvFdQ8bLp0
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2008 :  17:56:52  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Will you be at Gen Con next week James?

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2008 :  08:43:18  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sadly no. My wife and I had reservations, plans, even (due to my wife's travel OCD) some packing done, but, alas, plans changed.

I hope everyone has fun though and I'll be enviously following any and all news out of the con.

"Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red."--Clive Barker

FR: RotD2:"Possessions"
Wizards:Bloodwalk
Citadels: The Shield of Weeping Ghosts
Wilds: The Restless Shore
Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep: Circle of Skulls (May 2010)
Book trailers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC-ska7ohVk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfvFdQ8bLp0
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2023 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000