Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for James P Davis
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2006 :  05:29:08  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James P. Davis

quote:
Murray Leeder Posted - 14 Sep 2006 : 03:33:09
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I take it you mean Frank Black the protagonist of the TV show Millennium, not his talented namesake, Frank Black of The Pixies fame.

Yup!

Millennium may not mesh too well in the Realms, but I'd do anything to see a Season Four...alas, a moment of silence for two special graves in the Fox cemetary: Millennium, rest in peace and Firefly, you were so young....sniff.

I've got Milennium on hand to watch slowly thanks to a friend; I borrowed them as research into some secret society ideas I was playing with for a story. Grisly stuff, which is why I stopped watching early in the first season when it aired. Hope it gets less "serial killer of the week" and more into the meta-story soon....

Now how is it we sat there at GenCon and didn't get to geek-bond over Serenity/Firefly? I'd just finished indoctrinating Sarah into it and work on getting more and more fans. Color me crazy, but Mal & Company were more and more like the perfect D&D group in space (would that make them perfect adventurers in Gamma World, Metamorphosis Alpha, or Star Frontiers?).

Well, if I'm lucky and some work settles down, I might get started on your book before this month ends. Fingers crossed....

SES

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2006 :  11:22:59  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I've got Milennium on hand to watch slowly thanks to a friend; I borrowed them as research into some secret society ideas I was playing with for a story. Grisly stuff, which is why I stopped watching early in the first season when it aired. Hope it gets less "serial killer of the week" and more into the meta-story soon....

In Season One you get bits and pieces of the greater story before they break away from the killer of the week type episodes. Season Two is where the show really shines, culminating in the geatest two hours of television I've ever watched (IMHO of course, heh!).

quote:
Now how is it we sat there at GenCon and didn't get to geek-bond over Serenity/Firefly? I'd just finished indoctrinating Sarah into it and work on getting more and more fans. Color me crazy, but Mal & Company were more and more like the perfect D&D group in space (would that make them perfect adventurers in Gamma World, Metamorphosis Alpha, or Star Frontiers?).

Heh, actually, I think GenCon may be the perfect place to forget one show/game/book in that ocean of choices surrounding us. I did good to focus on my current surroundings and sign my name right. Overwhelmed? Just a tad.

quote:
Well, if I'm lucky and some work settles down, I might get started on your book before this month ends. Fingers crossed....

I hear ya', finding time to read used to be so easy, but I think I might be able to win this race. I'm a little over halfway through Blackstaff and the finish line is in sight (cue the "Chariots of Fire" music, whoohoo!). Good stuff, enjoying it muchly!

Best,
--James

"Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red."--Clive Barker

FR: RotD2:"Possessions"
Wizards:Bloodwalk
Citadels: The Shield of Weeping Ghosts
Wilds: The Restless Shore
Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep: Circle of Skulls (May 2010)
Book trailers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC-ska7ohVk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfvFdQ8bLp0
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2006 :  23:01:40  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

This killer could unintentionally spark an Anti-Gods movement. When the general population realized that this killer had the whole of the Realams in an Uproar with no God on his side and , some might see the posibilities for good and bad. The Gods would be threatened much the same as Magic useres(and to lesser extent Mystra) are by these anti-magic areas and objects.

Remember, Ed has told many times that everyone knows that the Gods exist. Therefore I find it hard to imagine a situation where a lunatic could "shake their thrones" by killing people in a random fashion. The only possible way to affect gods is by targeting their worshippers, and slaying them one after another. Whether this madman is succesful for years or even decades, it depends. But I could hardly see him/her stirring any "anti-gods" movements in any scale - although some priesthoods might see their chance at getting more worshippers ("Aye, it is a demon sent by Bane, and the only way for saving yourself is to worship the Black Lord" etc.)

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2006 :  23:28:56  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Asgetrion

quote:

This killer could unintentionally spark an Anti-Gods movement. When the general population realized that this killer had the whole of the Realams in an Uproar with no God on his side and , some might see the posibilities for good and bad. The Gods would be threatened much the same as Magic useres(and to lesser extent Mystra) are by these anti-magic areas and objects.

Remember, Ed has told many times that everyone knows that the Gods exist. Therefore I find it hard to imagine a situation where a lunatic could "shake their thrones" by killing people in a random fashion. The only possible way to affect gods is by targeting their worshippers, and slaying them one after another. Whether this madman is succesful for years or even decades, it depends. But I could hardly see him/her stirring any "anti-gods" movements in any scale - although some priesthoods might see their chance at getting more worshippers ("Aye, it is a demon sent by Bane, and the only way for saving yourself is to worship the Black Lord" etc.)

Plus, this would turn to many people faithless and or false and so Kelemvor would have a field day with those souls. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2006 :  00:55:45  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I can see it now..."The sun sets behind a magnificent Realmsian city, torchbearers trace lit pathways through the streets and the song 'Paint it Black' begins playing as the graphic shows up on the screen--CSI: Waterdeep..."

My Waterdeep campaign will actually feature a Ritual serial killer who worships Malar.

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
716 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2006 :  06:53:08  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry to revive this fairly old topic. I just finished Bloodwalk for a second time last night, and felt I had to register here and post something in praise of James. Here goes:

Here in South Africa the FR novels are generally about half the price of other paperbacks, so I buy them as 'pulp fiction', not expecting too much out of them. A few have pleasantly surprised me, but none so far as much as Bloodwalk has. The story was well written, extremely well edited (I found only one grammatical error quite close to the start of the book) and had a very interesting cast one could really learn to love/hate in the short span of the novel.

Here's hoping we see a lot more from you James, and also a small hope we see more of Quin in the future. Thanks for the great book!
Go to Top of Page

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2006 :  21:25:38  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kyrene

I'm sorry to revive this fairly old topic. I just finished Bloodwalk for a second time last night, and felt I had to register here and post something in praise of James. Here goes:

Here in South Africa the FR novels are generally about half the price of other paperbacks, so I buy them as 'pulp fiction', not expecting too much out of them. A few have pleasantly surprised me, but none so far as much as Bloodwalk has. The story was well written, extremely well edited (I found only one grammatical error quite close to the start of the book) and had a very interesting cast one could really learn to love/hate in the short span of the novel.

Here's hoping we see a lot more from you James, and also a small hope we see more of Quin in the future. Thanks for the great book!

Ah, please, revive at will!
I'm such a lurker around here (and on most message boards) that I should be classified as 'incorporeal' and my posts considered a 'haunting', heh!

Thanks so much for your post and I'm glad you enjoyed the book. As of yet the dreaded NDA prevents me from spilling any secret beans on my current project (very mysterious, mwahaha!), but I hope to eventually complete Quin's tale (and Eli's as well) someday.

In the meantime, I'll be lurking, reading, and writing and hope to provide some news soon.

Best,
--James

P.S: It occurs to me that I've been on MySpace.com for a while and have not posted it here. The address is: http://www.myspace.com/quinsareth
The posts are mostly mirrors from my Livejournal account, but I know many will prefer one blog-site over another. Stop by and visit!

Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
716 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2006 :  07:02:03  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I hope to eventually complete Quin's tale (and Eli's as well) someday.

Here's hoping you have the opportunity to go a little into their individual back-stories while at it. I would love to read about Quin's time in Mulhorand or at the monastery (he definitely has Monk levels) on the River of Swords, or flashbacks to his travels in Cormanthor, the High Forest (he does speak Gnoll) or Narfell (funny that he should have travelled where the Gargauthians came from). Also I’d love to read about Eli's actions before and after her parent's death, her relationship to the Shaaran (or is it Shaaryan; kinda confuses me like Thayan and Thayvian) and her sister.

But, I'm gushing and I shall stop, as it does not behove a man of my age. Glad I could tempt you out of your shadow walk.

Warm regards from sunny Sef Efrica.

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

Ethriel
Learned Scribe

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2006 :  02:20:50  Show Profile  Visit Ethriel's Homepage Send Ethriel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also hope you're able to complete Quin's stories, James! Fascinating characters there and Bloodwalk was an awesome book...think you'll be able to return to them eventually?
Go to Top of Page

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2006 :  08:15:05  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ethriel

I also hope you're able to complete Quin's stories, James! Fascinating characters there and Bloodwalk was an awesome book...think you'll be able to return to them eventually?

Thank you! And I certainly hope to. I'm in the middle of NDA territory now, but should my next project allow for the chance, Quin will be seen again...

Thanks again!
Best,
--James

Go to Top of Page

Ethriel
Learned Scribe

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2006 :  22:45:35  Show Profile  Visit Ethriel's Homepage Send Ethriel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope so, Jamie. He's one of the best new characters....honestly, there seems to be a friend of the newer authors giving us awesome characters and leaving us wanting more
Go to Top of Page

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2006 :  10:11:08  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ethriel

I hope so, Jamie. He's one of the best new characters....honestly, there seems to be a friend of the newer authors giving us awesome characters and leaving us wanting more

That would certainly be my goal.

Though considering my current project, should it succeed in the same capacity, providing more could take several books to reach some form of closure...not that I'd be complaining at all. On the other hand, developing new characters and newer ways to torment and challenge the traditional roles provided by fantasy 'heroes' is quite alot of fun as well.

The stand-alone novel format is good for getting out that complete thought with enough loose ends lying around to pick up and run with later on, but a trilogy here and there provides alot more room to move around in.

Best (and Happy New Year!),
--James

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2006 :  22:36:43  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Happy New Year, James! Best of luck and life to ye!

Steven

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2007 :  02:39:12  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The happiest of New Years to you as well Steven!

Good health and good fortune!

Best,
--James

Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
716 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2007 :  10:44:10  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I'm in the middle of NDA territory now, but should my next project allow for the chance, Quin will be seen again...

Anything more at all you can say about this project? How far are we from seeing it published, how far are you in writing it? Anything more spoileriffic you can tell us?

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2007 :  09:28:57  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
I'm in the middle of NDA territory now, but should my next project allow for the chance, Quin will be seen again...

Anything more at all you can say about this project? How far are we from seeing it published, how far are you in writing it? Anything more spoileriffic you can tell us?

Argh! I wish I could spoil...but WotC is keeping a tight lid on announcing future projects. About all I can say is that the final draft is in progress. As soon as I get a go ahead though, beans will be spilled all over the place and bags everywhere will be catless.

Best,
--James

P.S.: I have been working on a couple of non-FR short stories for upcoming anthologies. Should these get picked up for publication, I'll let ya' know here on the boards.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2007 :  16:56:36  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aside from the Mystery Projecthat shall remain nameless, (Unless you can name ot now ) What other irons do you have in the fire?

I understand the time it takes toput something together, but not to have another James P Davis Realms book is kinda like having an actor like Sean Connery not making films!!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2007 :  06:10:28  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Aside from the Mystery Projecthat shall remain nameless, (Unless you can name ot now ) What other irons do you have in the fire?

I understand the time it takes toput something together, but not to have another James P Davis Realms book is kinda like having an actor like Sean Connery not making films!!

Wow...I blush! You are far too kind, but thank you muchly for the compliment!

There's naught but Realms work on the horizon at present, a few short stories in the works here and there, but nothing on the way real soon. From what I've seen appearing on Amazon lately (cue the raised eyebrow 'mystery glance') I think a solid title may be known in a month or so...and from the title alone a sharp-eyed Realms observer may be able to draw a few conclusions about what's to come...

Gah! I hate being secretive, but I do enjoy teasing with hints. Though if all goes well by the time the secret is out I'll hopefully be starting work on yet another secret. (I'd lurve to get a shot at a "Realms of the Undead" short story! Mr. Byers? Are ya' reading this?)

So, until then, fingers crossed and eyes peeled.

Best,
Davis. James Davis. (Okay, that was pretty weak.)

Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
716 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2007 :  06:59:48  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

You should have added the 'P'. Makes it sound more Bond-like.

The name is Davis, James P. Davis -- international man of 'mystery glance'

Go to Top of Page

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2007 :  09:22:44  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

You should have added the 'P'. Makes it sound more Bond-like.

The name is Davis, James P. Davis -- international man of 'mystery glance'

"International Man of Mystery Glance", I like it! Now I just need a 'Q' for some cool gadgets like a combination cell phone/ mp3 player/ ninja-death-squad-slaying-gas-deployment unit. Sweet...oh, and it could check e-mail too! With a really cool ring-tone, like "Manic Monday" or "Weird Science" or...okay, maybe that's enough. Q can only manage so much. Also, I guess I'll have to visit another country sometime, until then I'm just 'National' and barely that.

I hafta' admit, I've been sick the last few days and I quite enjoy rambling on forums in "fever-speak", so please excuse my silly as I firmly believe laughter truly is the best medicine (when combined with lots of Orange Juice and Advil Cold and Sinus formula).

Best,
--James

Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
716 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2007 :  09:41:31  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I hafta' admit, I've been sick the last few days and I quite enjoy rambling on forums in "fever-speak", so please excuse my silly as I firmly believe laughter truly is the best medicine (when combined with lots of Orange Juice and Advil Cold and Sinus formula).

Ah, that would explain the lateness/earlyness of your reply. As for the 'fever-speak', I'm sure we don't mind. Perhaps pen down some thoughts while your brain is addled. Might make for good writing fodder...

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2007 :  02:49:18  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
[Wow...I blush! You are far too kind, but thank you muchly for the compliment!

There's naught but Realms work on the horizon at present, a few short stories in the works here and there, but nothing on the way real soon. From what I've seen appearing on Amazon lately (cue the raised eyebrow 'mystery glance') I think a solid title may be known in a month or so...and from the title alone a sharp-eyed Realms observer may be able to draw a few conclusions about what's to come...

Gah! I hate being secretive, but I do enjoy teasing with hints. Though if all goes well by the time the secret is out I'll hopefully be starting work on yet another secret. (I'd lurve to get a shot at a "Realms of the Undead" short story! Mr. Byers? Are ya' reading this?)

So, until then, fingers crossed and eyes peeled.

Best,

Nay , I don't think I overstated it at all. You knew early in his career that Connery was the Real Deal(ie; Thunderball or Dr. No), we have high hopes for you indeed.

Bloodwalk was not just a good realms book, it was a kick ass book. period.

Can't wait to get that title out of you.

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2007 :  03:18:13  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I as well -- the better to congratulate you with, my dear.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2007 :  06:23:53  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Mwahaha!

Well, considering the recent trend in free-copy contests, I may just start one of my own when the time comes that I have some on hand. Come to think of it, I may just celebrate any announcement of the new book by offering up a copy or two of Bloodwalk. Hmmm, could be fun...watch this space...and hopefully it won't be too much longer now (the suspense is making me sick, quite literally it seems...cough, sneeze, hack, eeewww, and repeat until miserable)

quote:
I as well -- the better to congratulate you with, my dear.

Congrats yourself sir! Depths of Madness...now I have to change the title of my biography.

Best,
--JPD

Go to Top of Page

Eremite
Learned Scribe

Singapore
182 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2007 :  13:35:59  Show Profile  Visit Eremite's Homepage Send Eremite a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi James,

I just finished reading Bloodwalk and wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed it. I loved the combination of characters, both heroes and villains, plus I really appreciated the underlying plot. Congratulations on a great first book: hope to read more of your work in the future.

And it is simply refreshing to read an FR book that doesn't introduce yet another accursed RSE! :)

Best
E
Go to Top of Page

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2007 :  22:33:10  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eremite

Hi James,

I just finished reading Bloodwalk and wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed it. I loved the combination of characters, both heroes and villains, plus I really appreciated the underlying plot. Congratulations on a great first book: hope to read more of your work in the future.

And it is simply refreshing to read an FR book that doesn't introduce yet another accursed RSE! :)

Thanks for the kind words Eremite!

No RSE's just yet from this author, but I must admit I've got some ideas brewing. Maybe not on the scale of 'Realms Shaking', but certainly worth an ominous tremor or two.

Best,
--James

Go to Top of Page

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2007 :  20:30:52  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I predicted news has shown up online and I am running slightly behind it.

My next book for Forgotten Realms is book three in the Citadels series and is known as The Shield of Weeping Ghosts. Due out May 6, 2008.

Whew! As stated many moons ago, my bag is catless and beans are spilled all over the place. The secret is out, though if things go well, I should have full cat-bags and unspilt beans soon again.

Best,
--James

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2007 :  20:48:44  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

As I predicted news has shown up online and I am running slightly behind it.

My next book for Forgotten Realms is book three in the Citadels series and is known as The Shield of Weeping Ghosts. Due out May 6, 2008.

Whew! As stated many moons ago, my bag is catless and beans are spilled all over the place. The secret is out, though if things go well, I should have full cat-bags and unspilt beans soon again.

Best,
--James

Well met

Aye, always rely on Amazon to keep us informed well before WotC do

Congratulations on getting the book slot in this series, James. Is there anything you can tell us about it?

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2007 :  20:56:57  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, it's a little early and more detailed info should be showing up on Amazon in a week or so, but I will say that the title suggests the location quite well (almost specifically). A forgotten little place (or is it rather, 'places'?) that's been around for a while and found me to tell its tale.

Okay, I still get to a be a little mysterious...

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2007 :  00:16:06  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear you'll be doing a new novel.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000