Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 the Night Parade
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hey-zeus
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2005 :  06:35:14  Show Profile  Visit hey-zeus's Homepage Send hey-zeus a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I just bought a lot of all the Harpers novels on Ebay. So far I've goten through the first 4. Anyway, I'm just curious about the Night Parade. That book was weird, not realy bad, but wierd. It didn't realy feel like a realms book. Anyway, I'm just curious as to anyone elses opinion on the book. Also I would like to know about any game info on the night parade creatures. Were they ever realy stated out or were they just newly made up?

Thanks

"I didn't know what was a country! Do they speak English in what?"

Gray Richardson
Master of Realmslore

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2005 :  07:26:33  Show Profile  Visit Gray Richardson's Homepage Send Gray Richardson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Look in the Villains Lorebook (available as a free PDF download on the WOTC downloads site). It has a big write up on the Night Parade as well as a system for generating random Night Parade creatures.
Go to Top of Page

Lameth
Learned Scribe

Germany
196 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2005 :  10:01:14  Show Profile  Visit Lameth's Homepage Send Lameth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a adventure in DUNGEON 61 about the Night Parade.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36794 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2005 :  11:36:20  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My opinion of the book? It's not all that. I used to like it, but that was before better Harpers novels came out. I've not read that one in years.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2005 :  13:38:03  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I never particularly enjoyed Night Parade either, but it was a nice break between the engrossing stories both before and after it.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2005 :  15:59:23  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hey-zeus
Anyway, I'm just curious about the Night Parade. That book was weird, not realy bad, but wierd. It didn't realy feel like a realms book. Anyway, I'm just curious as to anyone elses opinion on the book.

It's been some time since I read the tome. However, I agree with you that this offering does feel a bit odd compared to other Realms novels. I did like the main character. She is quite a memorable figure.

quote:

Also I would like to know about any game info on the night parade creatures. Were they ever realy stated out or were they just newly made up?

Not sure if they are statted up within the tome. But, Cloak & Dagger also has some information about this group.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000