Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Could someone spoil me about WotSQ?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Krafus
Learned Scribe

246 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2005 :  21:14:09  Show Profile  Visit Krafus's Homepage Send Krafus a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Due to financial woes, I currently can't afford hardcovers, and so am in the dark about WotSQ. I tried to resist, but having just finished rereading Richard Baker's excellent Condemnation in paperback, I find I can no longer stand the wait. What I would like to know is the status of the characters of the main party (Pharaun, Ryld, Valas, Jeggred, Quenthel, Hallistra and Danifae) and of the siege of Menzoberranzan at the end of book 5. Could some generous soul enlighten me? Thanks in advance.

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2005 :  03:45:50  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The first three of his novels are in paperback and the fourth will be coming out in paperback mid 2005. But if you're really desperate find a friend who can loan you their copy.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2005 :  05:24:00  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Krafus

Due to financial woes, I currently can't afford hardcovers, and so am in the dark about WotSQ. I tried to resist, but having just finished rereading Richard Baker's excellent Condemnation in paperback, I find I can no longer stand the wait. What I would like to know is the status of the characters of the main party (Pharaun, Ryld, Valas, Jeggred, Quenthel, Hallistra and Danifae) and of the siege of Menzoberranzan at the end of book 5. Could some generous soul enlighten me? Thanks in advance.

There have been a few threads devoted to the novels within the series after Baker's work. Do a search for the titles and you should be able to find plenty of details. If you have any trouble, just give a shout as there have been some major developments within the party.
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

334 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2005 :  14:41:48  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The local library or used bookstore can be your friend. Don't ruin it for yourself, find an alternative to buying the book new.

Thomas

"A knight is not truly virtuous, only truly resolved to be so."

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2005 :  14:55:45  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Krafus, you have to beg, steal or borrow these novels if you really really can't scrape together to get them!! They're amazing, and it's pointless in just asking for spoilers when it's not just the overall story that is important, it's the way the books are written, the flavor, the feeling for the characters, the cliffhangers, the suspense, the atmosphere, the list goes on...

It would be a crime not to read them first hand. I highly recommend these novels, now go get 'em!

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

Edited by - Lord Rad on 15 Jan 2005 14:56:11
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000