Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 What do ye' old tomes have on Everska?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2005 :  21:45:22  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just found a wealth of untapped information about Evereska while thumbing throw Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast while looking for the map of Baldur's Gate.

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

SoulCuTTeR
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2005 :  22:58:42  Show Profile  Visit SoulCuTTeR's Homepage Send SoulCuTTeR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When is Evereska destroyed? I know phaerimm destroyed it, but at what age? It doesn't say...

Killer dog I am,
Hell Hound you cry,
Bad Luck for you,
I can never die.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2005 :  23:26:50  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It wasn't destroyed - just badly beat up. It had recovered somewhat by the time of Rich Baker's "Forsaken House" novel, but was still weak.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2005 :  23:27:34  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SoulCuTTeR

When is Evereska destroyed? I know phaerimm destroyed it, but at what age? It doesn't say...

The only date I can find id 1372 DR a year after the Evermeet attack. Not sure this is canon though.
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2005 :  23:31:09  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

It wasn't destroyed - just badly beat up. It had recovered somewhat by the time of Rich Baker's "Forsaken House" novel, but was still weak.

Yes I did see this stated as well. When does one decide a realm or city is distroried? There are scattered cities about that are barely inhabititble these days.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2005 :  01:01:24  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Yes I did see this stated as well. When does one decide a realm or city is distroried? There are scattered cities about that are barely inhabititble these days.

Well, when all of the people are dead or fled, and/or the place is heyond hope of recovery, that's a good qualifier.

Evereska came close to being destroyed, but just in the nick of time, the defenders managed to throw back the attacking phaerimm. It'll be a while before it's a happy refuge again, but it wasn't destroyed.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2005 :  01:37:30  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's a mess and will be decades before the city recovers.

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2005 :  03:41:45  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The Player's Guide to Faerun has this information. The events that led to Evereska being so badly damaged began in Nightal 1371 and lasted until Eleasias 1372.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2005 :  04:08:35  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:

The Player's Guide to Faerun has this information. The events that led to Evereska being so badly damaged began in Nightal 1371 and lasted until Eleasias 1372.

Does that timespan include the month of Ukta?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2005 :  06:55:05  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
Does that timespan include the month of Ukta?

And Uktar, you get two for the price of one.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2020 :  22:43:32  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master SirUrza (and new folk to the 'Keep),

To update this scroll with the most recent information compiled, I've included a URL:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Evereska

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza

Return of the Archwizards
Forsaken House

Those 2 novel series aside, what other tombs (novel or accessory) hold vast quantities of knowledge regarding Evereska?

PS.. I'll even take websites if there's anything completely devoted to Evereska.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000