Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Moonshae History
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nyarlathotep
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2004 :  23:00:18  Show Profile  Visit Nyarlathotep's Homepage Send Nyarlathotep a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I am working on an ancient vampire's background and I would like to have made her a follower of Bhaal during his first assault upon the Moonshaes...however I cannot find the proper dates of his first attack. Does anyone know the date?

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2004 :  00:47:38  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1345 to 1346 according to WOTC.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/fr/fictionlist&tablesort=6

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2004 :  02:43:34  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nor the Moonshae 2e supplement (by Douglas Niles) or the 3e FRCS makes mention of any particular specific date for the conflict, however both tomes state that those events occured early in the 1300s DR.

So, Kuje's information about the date taken from the WotC site, is most likely the more appropriate assumption, unless it's been stated elsewhere in another tome.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2004 :  03:07:56  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, pulling from this truly nifty website, we see:

1345 DR (Year of the Saddle)
¸ The Lord of Murder, Bhaal, corrupts one of the Earthmother's Moonwells of the Moonshae Isles. From this Darkwell, Kazgaroth the Beast attempted to destroy the Earthmother and ruin the Moonshaes.
¨ Novel: Darkwalker on Moonshae

1346 DR (Year of the Bloodbird)
¸ Bhaal's avatar, the "Ravager", is banished from Moonshae Islands. Tristan Kendrick becomes high king of Moonshaes. [TSR1085a]

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Nyarlathotep
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2004 :  04:00:37  Show Profile  Visit Nyarlathotep's Homepage Send Nyarlathotep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In Darkwalker on Moonshae it is implied that Kazgaroth had walked the Moonshaes in an earlier time...I was wondering if anyone knew the date for the ealier time well before the events of Darkwalker
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2004 :  04:09:23  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nyarlathotep

In Darkwalker on Moonshae it is implied that Kazgaroth had walked the Moonshaes in an earlier time...I was wondering if anyone knew the date for the ealier time well before the events of Darkwalker

No specific dates I'm afraid. Although, again, from the Moonshae tome, it states that Kazgaroth's origins and history stretch nearly as far back into the past as the Earthmother herself.

- Historical Sage

Go to Top of Page

Nyarlathotep
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2004 :  05:40:03  Show Profile  Visit Nyarlathotep's Homepage Send Nyarlathotep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That old huh...well at least that gives me the freedom to choose from a wide selection of dates. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2004 :  07:10:12  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's what I was thinking. Also, if you and your PC are up to it, I know there's some scribes here who would appreciate seeing this character, since you appear to be exploring some rather unique historical elements for her.

Besides, we can never have too much lore on the Moonshaes...

Go to Top of Page

Beowulf
Learned Scribe

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2004 :  16:18:30  Show Profile  Visit Beowulf's Homepage Send Beowulf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nyarlathotep

According to the Moonshae accessory, the Beast first arose during the time of the elves and the dwarves, before the first men came to the isles.

The elves migrated over -9,800 DR. The dwarves arrived next, but I'm not of the date. Then came the "indigenous" folk, but who they were or from where or when they came no one knows. They were joined in the century leading up to the opening of Dale Reckoning by the Illuskans, and then came the Tethyrians in the 5th century century DR.

So, we are talking at least 10,000 years ago, and probably alot furhter back even still ... depending of course, upon the arrival of the dwarves and the first humans.

Sorry, I couldn't be more help.

"Ill tempered the wretch, who laughs at everyone. He cannot recognize, as he should, that he is not without faults." the High One, Poetic Edda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000