Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Forgotten Realms Book Club
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Strahd Von Zarovich
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
135 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2004 :  15:10:38  Show Profile  Visit Strahd Von Zarovich's Homepage Send Strahd Von Zarovich a Private Message  Delete Topic
Greetings,

We have just started a new section up over on the Worlds forums:-

http://worldsofdnd.com/forum

It is the Forgotten Realms Book Club, which is where we will be taking suggestions on a particular novel to be read over the course of a month, and then readers, and the Authors time willing, can particpate in the discussion of what they have just read.

I hope you join us, and then you can feel free to share your thoughts on here after.

For all those who do not know about Worlds of D&D, it is a forum managed by myself and Alaundo of Candlekeep, and we have the same high standards as over here. So you should feel right at home.

To get to us, catch the first ship to Realms space, make a right turn into the outer planes, left at the domains of dread and straight on into oblivion

Regards

Strahd Von Zarovich

Strahd Von Zarovich

Alaundo and I invite fans of everything D&D to join us!
http://www.worldsofdnd.com

Edited by - Strahd Von Zarovich on 16 Nov 2004 14:42:01

Strahd Von Zarovich
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
135 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2004 :  12:35:14  Show Profile  Visit Strahd Von Zarovich's Homepage Send Strahd Von Zarovich a Private Message
Well I thought I would dig this out, as it looks like Alaundo aint doing his job to inform you

It was decided that this months Classic book was to be Lady of Posion, in the Priests series.

We would like folk to come across, who have read this book, or those who still want to read this book and post comments as they go.

We could really use the support of some Realms fans, so we can keep this feature interesting enough to warrant Authors coming back to participate.

We have had a good reaction for the Ravenloft book club, in which this month Christie Golden - Author of Vampire of the Mists, is participating.

Please come along and share your thoughts!

Regards

Strahd Von Zarovich

Strahd Von Zarovich

Go to Top of Page

Valdar Oakensong
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2004 :  15:07:16  Show Profile Send Valdar Oakensong a Private Message
I am up to chapter 12 in the book but I don't want to post first as I am not really enjoying it. trouble is i can't put my finger on why.

Guns don't kill people, magic missiles do.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2004 :  15:33:37  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Valdar Oakensong

I am up to chapter 12 in the book but I don't want to post first as I am not really enjoying it. trouble is i can't put my finger on why.

Check out this thread. Other scribes within it have expressed opinions. You might find your reasons for disliking the novel articulated by one of them.

Edited by - SiriusBlack on 06 Nov 2004 15:34:36
Go to Top of Page

Valdar Oakensong
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2004 :  15:47:44  Show Profile Send Valdar Oakensong a Private Message
Thanks Sirius, it was a help. I do not think that it is a bad book, there just seems to be something missing to make it stand out. My last read was Prince Of Lies so I must have been spoilt.

Go to Top of Page

Strahd Von Zarovich
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
135 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2004 :  17:44:19  Show Profile  Visit Strahd Von Zarovich's Homepage Send Strahd Von Zarovich a Private Message
Don't be afraid to post first and let us know what you have discovered, and what you are not liking.

That is the whole purpose of the book club, to discuss these things.

See you there!

Regards

Strahd

Strahd Von Zarovich

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2004 :  18:54:39  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Valdar Oakensong

Thanks Sirius,it was a help.

Glad to hear it and you're welcome.

quote:

I do not think that it is a bad book, there just seems to be something missing to make it stand out.

Feel free to share your thoughts in the thread I linked. I'm always curious to hear what other scribes thought of a work I've previously read.

SB
Go to Top of Page

Valdar Oakensong
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2004 :  23:06:56  Show Profile Send Valdar Oakensong a Private Message
The posts have started at Worlds already Strahd so the posting first hurdle was avoided. And my Ravenloft collection is up by 5 books with 2 more in the post so next months RL book club might be on as well.
***ducks to avoid a blow to the head for mentioning another world***

Go to Top of Page

Strahd Von Zarovich
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
135 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2004 :  21:30:48  Show Profile  Visit Strahd Von Zarovich's Homepage Send Strahd Von Zarovich a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by hammer of Moradin

Come on out boys and girls and enjoy Worlds' Forgotten Realms Book Club. We're reading Lady of Poison and I know many of you have read it, so come discuss it with us over yonder. http://worldsofdnd.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=35

And if you like that series we will be reading Mistress of the Night, as soon as we get our grubby paws on our copies!

Regards

Strahd Von Zarovich

Strahd Von Zarovich

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000