Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Music during the game
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Krandor
Seeker

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2003 :  04:57:31  Show Profile  Visit Krandor's Homepage Send Krandor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I say <Looks at the 40 plus song titles> that is a lot of songs. Does anyone recommend any? (the ones by Midnight S)

"Good judgement comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." - Krandor, Master Smith
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2003 :  10:42:16  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm. I think I'll have to check that out, Yasraena. You wouldn't happen to have a link for the terminally lazy, would you?

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2003 :  19:58:29  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Krandor...
40 tunes? I saw only 10 on their page for download. Where'd you go?

Bookwyrm....
Sure bud. Here it is...

Midnight Syndicate on MP3.com

You'll have to register with MP3.com to be able to download any music from the site, but at least it's free.

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

Krandor
Seeker

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2003 :  21:04:00  Show Profile  Visit Krandor's Homepage Send Krandor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yasraena

Krandor...

It is a secret MUYHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *coughKazaacough .
And since I have too much time on my hands here are some of the titles.
Necrotown
Into the Abyss
The Summoning
Requiem
Something Wicked
Gargoyles
Haunted Nursery
Among the Ruins
Solemn Reflections
Black Woods
Sanctuary
Forbidden Crypts
Beyond the Gates
Alternative Reality
Eye of the Storm
Born of Night
Serpent's Lair
Darkness Descends
Gates of Delirium
Noctem Acternus
Spectral Mist
Witching Hour
Dark Tower
Premonition
Twilight
Realm of Shadows
Soliloquy
Nightstalker
Vampire's Kiss
Infestation

"Good judgement comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." - Krandor, Master Smith
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2003 :  06:10:45  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Silly me. I thought that this was something like the soundtrack to the movie of the same name. I didn't know they made mood music just for this sort of thing.

I think I may have to buy this when it comes out. Assuming I like the samples here, and I think I will.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2003 :  06:59:01  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow! This stuff is great! I'm going to have to buy the CD when it comes out. It's not often that I'm this impressed by music.

Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2003 :  06:15:34  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Krandor

quote:
Originally posted by Yasraena

Krandor...

It is a secret MUYHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *coughKazaacough .

(in her best pirates voice)
Arrrr matey! Good 'ol Kazaa! Now why didn't I think of that? There's been many a tune that's fallen to my blades from that place. Death to all corporate record slime! Arrrrr!

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

Luthion
Acolyte

Norway
7 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2003 :  15:05:14  Show Profile  Visit Luthion's Homepage Send Luthion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i must say, that was impressive! *cough cough*kazaa*cough*

Put a stake through my heart!
And drag me into sunlight
So awake for your greed
As you're slaying the dreamer

Nightwish - Slaying The Dreamer
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2003 :  07:39:45  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I played these two samples for a friend of mine, without letting him know what they were supposed to be about. Then I asked him what he thought of while listening to it. He gave exactly the right answers -- an epic battle and a mysterious/evil dungeon.

Whomever wrote these pieces is a musical genius.

Go to Top of Page

Luthion
Acolyte

Norway
7 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2003 :  10:27:35  Show Profile  Visit Luthion's Homepage Send Luthion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
for those who didn't know: there are 10 songs available for download! http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/206/midnight_syndicate.html

So awake for your greed

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2003 :  10:52:37  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, but only two are from this particular CD.

Go to Top of Page

Luthion
Acolyte

Norway
7 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2003 :  11:31:34  Show Profile  Visit Luthion's Homepage Send Luthion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
that's true

So awake for your greed

Go to Top of Page

Salabasha
Learned Scribe

Portugal
216 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2003 :  16:55:57  Show Profile  Visit Salabasha's Homepage Send Salabasha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Yes, but only two are from this particular CD.

What is the CD called?

Life is like a box of chocolates. Once you eat the poisoned one you die.
Go to Top of Page

Luthion
Acolyte

Norway
7 Posts

Posted - 11 Aug 2003 :  18:42:18  Show Profile  Visit Luthion's Homepage Send Luthion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
it's called dungeons and dragons

So awake for your greed

Go to Top of Page

NightElf
Seeker

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2003 :  13:56:49  Show Profile  Visit NightElf's Homepage Send NightElf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When I involved background music and SFX into my gaming sessions, I used the soundtrack which comes with Neverwinter Nights for the PC. It has 26 music tracks and 89 sound effect tracks. They're all suited for the game, as they are made for that type of game and are loop tracks (they can be set to repeat without a pause in between!) If anyone doesn't have access to the game I can Email them the soundtrack discs. Email me at alborez2003@yahoo.co.uk for a copy

"Those who watch their backs meet death from the front"
Go to Top of Page

Dodger
Acolyte

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2003 :  23:51:01  Show Profile  Visit Dodger's Homepage Send Dodger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Most stuff by "Mediaeval Baebes" is cool. As well as being stunningly beautiful (ah-hum!) their harmonies are fantastic.
If yoy want to check out a track to see how they are, look for "Undrentide" from the album of the same name.

:)
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2003 :  05:21:22  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I actually heard them live once. They were quite good. They were at the local Renaissance Festival last year.

Go to Top of Page

Zauviera
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2003 :  06:53:53  Show Profile  Visit Zauviera's Homepage Send Zauviera a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For my two cents worth:

I have used music while gaming, one of my favorites is:

Za Frumi - This tells the story of a band of Orcs via music.
The language used in telling the tale is Tolkein's "Black Speach"

The 'real-world' group is a bunch of LARPers from Scandinavia who play the characters on their CDs

Zau'
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2003 :  09:04:28  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has anybody purchased the D&D soundtrack CD yet? Any views?

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2003 :  03:29:18  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did. That is, I paid for it, half a month ago. I couldn't find it in my area, so I ordered it from Amazon. It says it won't ship until mid-November.

See anything wrong with this picture?

Go to Top of Page

Vallandar
Acolyte

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2003 :  20:26:35  Show Profile  Visit Vallandar's Homepage Send Vallandar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I normally play Queen or other rock music whilst playing, I'm not sure whether sound effects [such as battle sounds]would divert my players' attention or not.

On the topic of music is it posible to download the Candlekeep soundtrack on this site?

'The sinews of war, unlimited money'
- Cicero
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2003 :  23:07:27  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

quote:
Originally posted by Vallandar

On the topic of music is it posible to download the Candlekeep soundtrack on this site?

Ahhhhh, the beautiful "Yewtree", strummed by The Battlefield Band..... well maybe ill pen this on my list of things to do and make it available soon enough

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2003 :  04:13:55  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Actually Vallandar,if you have a browser like IE or Netscape, you already have. Anything that's loaded is put in your temporary internet cache folder. Just do a file search for yewtree.mid and you should find it on your system. If not, I could always email it to you.

Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2003 :  04:22:52  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dang it, ya beat me to it, Yasraena. Not that it matters who says it, so long as it's said.

Go to Top of Page

NightElf
Seeker

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2003 :  14:30:02  Show Profile  Visit NightElf's Homepage Send NightElf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have used the soundtrack to Lord of the Rings on three occasions, the Flight to the Ford section of the CD is the perfect companion to a battle or race.

"Those who watch their backs meet death from the front"
Go to Top of Page

Vallandar
Acolyte

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2003 :  21:46:15  Show Profile  Visit Vallandar's Homepage Send Vallandar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't seem to find it, could someone e-mail the track to me?

- Cicero
Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2003 :  04:55:53  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I can't seem to find it, could someone e-mail the track to me?

No problem Vallandar.
Well, actually there is one. Your profile doesn't have any contact info for you. So email me here, let me know where to send it, and it shall be yours!

Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

Vallandar
Acolyte

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2003 :  21:06:02  Show Profile  Visit Vallandar's Homepage Send Vallandar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Yasraena.

- Cicero
Go to Top of Page

Lysan Lurraxol
Acolyte

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2006 :  11:12:49  Show Profile  Visit Lysan Lurraxol's Homepage Send Lysan Lurraxol a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm going to, hopefully, resurrect this topic. Sorry, Sage, I thought these older topics were sealed, I didn't look closely enough.
Anyway, I make my gaming group listen to Baldurs Gate 1/2 music for ambience, lively Final Fantasy/ Black Mages music for combat, the current villains in my campaign have Davy Jones (Pirates of the Carribean II Soundtrack), and the Advent Children version of One Winged Angel (I think you can get it from Blue Laguna), and on one memorable venture into the city of the dead, we listened to Her Ghost In The Fog, and Nymphetamine, by the, um, interesting Cradle of Filth. I'm not sure what the players were more scared by, the graveyard or the music.

http://lysan.livejournal.com
"Come join me in the dark..."
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2006 :  13:48:03  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lysan Lurraxol
and on one memorable venture into the city of the dead, we listened to Her Ghost In The Fog, and Nymphetamine, by the, um, interesting Cradle of Filth. I'm not sure what the players were more scared by, the graveyard or the music.

I've been thinking of using CoF in games myself, but I'm not sure how my players will react. Not that I care... you might wanna try out the soundtracks to Bram Stoker's Dracula and Thirteen Ghosts as well... bad-ass music!

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000