Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Todd Lockwood's art
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zzdtri
Acolyte

Croatia
27 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2004 :  13:40:52  Show Profile  Visit Zzdtri's Homepage Send Zzdtri a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi!

Does anyone perchance know where I could find pictures used for cover art in the new (at least for me) Dark Elf tilogy collector's hardcover edition?

Haley: Hey wait a minute, aren't dark elves evil?

Nale: Oh, my, no. Not since they became a player race. Now the whole species consists of nothing but chaotic good rebels, yearning to throw off the reputation of their evil kin.

Haley: What are the scimitars for?

ZZ'dtri: They're standard issue.

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2004 :  17:17:35  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zzdtri

Hi!

Does anyone perchance know where I could find pictures used for cover art in the new (at least for me) Dark Elf tilogy collector's hardcover edition?

No idea as to what the new cover art looks like. However, the author does have a website. That site might be a place to start in your quest.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2004 :  18:08:35  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Todd Lockwood has an excellent art book which was released last year entitled Transitions. Highly recommended

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

The Wanderer
Learned Scribe

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2004 :  18:15:03  Show Profile  Visit The Wanderer's Homepage Send The Wanderer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Rad

Todd Lockwood has an excellent art book which was released last year entitled Transitions. Highly recommended

Would your assesment of his book in any way be due to the fact that he was the one who drew your portrait?

I do agree though. His art is definetly one of the best I've seen for the D&D universe.

The Wanderer

Edited by - The Wanderer on 20 Sep 2004 18:15:36
Go to Top of Page

Zzdtri
Acolyte

Croatia
27 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2004 :  19:56:16  Show Profile  Visit Zzdtri's Homepage Send Zzdtri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack
No idea as to what the new cover art looks like. However, the author does have a website. That site might be a place to start in your quest.

Heh, the first thing I did is go to his web site.
Alas, the art is still not in the galleries. I've had some luck though. They have the book on sale at Amazon and I was able to get the image from there. If anyone is interested the image can be found
here.

I was also hoping to find cover art from "Exile" but no luck.
IMO Lockwood's art is great, and I'm sorry to see so little of his art in the new books.

Haley: Hey wait a minute, aren't dark elves evil?

Nale: Oh, my, no. Not since they became a player race. Now the whole species consists of nothing but chaotic good rebels, yearning to throw off the reputation of their evil kin.

Haley: What are the scimitars for?

ZZ'dtri: They're standard issue.
Go to Top of Page

Ignorance Personified
Seeker

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2004 :  15:57:12  Show Profile  Visit Ignorance Personified's Homepage Send Ignorance Personified a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Try rasalvatore.com, scroll down to see the cover art for Sojurn and The Crystal Shard. No Exile though.

Carthago delenda est.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000