Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Semmemon his sigil and signet ring
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bruce Donohue
Learned Scribe

Canada
131 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2004 :  13:28:50  Show Profile Send Bruce Donohue a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Ed or THO,

Would you happen to know if Semmemon has a sigil and if so what it is and look like? Would he per chance also have a signet ring and if so could you describe it?

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2004 :  01:08:14  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The 2E Campaing Setting box set contained a few cardboard sheets, one of which detailed the sigils of various mages. Whether Sememmon's was among them I can't recall but it might be worth a look.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2004 :  10:02:32  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well pointed out Reefy. In fact its here at Candlekeep (whether it should be or not ). I found this in the Realmslore section in Alaundo's Library.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

Edited by - Lord Rad on 11 Sep 2004 10:04:02
Go to Top of Page

Murray Leeder
Forgotten Realms Author

Canada
228 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2004 :  15:16:31  Show Profile  Visit Murray Leeder's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My Son of Thunder will be the first novel to feature Sememmon in a prominent role, so you'll learn a little more about him there. A little. Not much, and you can't really trust that.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2004 :  18:21:19  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Murray Leeder

My Son of Thunder will be the first novel to feature Sememmon in a prominent role, so you'll learn a little more about him there. A little. Not much, and you can't really trust that.

Excellent I've wanted to read something of Sememmon for a LONG time. When is the release date for this, Murray? Can you spill any more beans?

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Phobos
Acolyte

Germany
19 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2004 :  21:59:56  Show Profile  Visit Phobos's Homepage Send Phobos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well according to this http://www.o-love.net/realms/index.html we'll have to wait till january 2006 for this part of "the fighters" novels. but i'm also very looking forward to it. especially now that i know it'll be about the sweet Zs...
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2004 :  17:11:38  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Donohue

Ed or THO,

Would you happen to know if Semmemon has a sigil and if so what it is and look like? Would he per chance also have a signet ring and if so could you describe it?

Sent this originally to Ed'g group but I can rewrite it here.

From Old Grey Box: "Sememmon's personal sigil is a black equilateral triangle, point uppermost, with its base encircled by an oval.

He might have it on a signet ring of pure silver, but remember he's a fugitive right now so he's most likely not wearing it (and keeping it well hidden) and operating under a disguise to hide from the Zhentarim (or at least Manshoon, one of whom he killed, and his former master does tend to hold grudges....).

Murray, I'm curious to see your take on one of the Realms' most understated figures. Email me if you'd like to talk about old ideas and concepts I've batted around with Ed back in the day re: Ol' Hawk-Nose.

Steven

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000