Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Cormyr Saga, let's make questions
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2004 :  12:24:04  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've just finished reading the Cormyr Saga and i've got some questions about it, not the story itself but about some details of the characters appearing on it.

Let's start, first question i have is about Alusair, Vangerdahast and Azoun V, what did happen to them after all the facts explained in the trilogy?, i suppose that Alusair adopts the sadly dead Tanalasta's baby.

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2004 :  13:53:31  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A marvelous trilogy it is too

...alas, yet another situation whereby WotC dont follow up novel events into the campaign As with the return of Shade, the Tree of Life etc.

However, I do believe that there IS a brief mention of the current status of the Cormyr throne in the FRCS, but I dont have it with me at the moment to confirm.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

Edited by - Lord Rad on 06 Sep 2004 13:55:24
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2004 :  15:22:10  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The best item for post-Cormyr saga discussion is the article, "After the Dragon" by Ed Greenwood found in Dragon Annual #5. It explains how Alusair is now Regent until her nephew comes of age. The entire Royal family and close allies are taking care of young Azoun V. Elminster's Daughter shows some of this care in action.
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2004 :  15:28:59  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Could you be more accurated? I think that these references you said aren't avaliable here, at least I haven't found them.

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2004 :  09:45:26  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Keeping up with the Cormyr Saga questions. All the great wizards of Cormyr had apprentices, Beareuble had Amedahast, She had Thanderdahast... But there isn't any notice about Vangerdahast's one. Maybe he hasn't any? Or he has one in the future that isn't explained in the books?

Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2004 :  17:30:21  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For the most part, Baerauble and his successors all took on their apprentices later in their terms of service, when something told them they would be "retiring" soon. Vangerdahast had this process accelerated to a speed uncomfortable to him, leading to the slightly-unfinished Caladnei we see before us. That she is a sorcerer rather than a wizard makes her magical learning somewhat easier, but the knowledge of the Realm she should have is not as full as some might like.
Go to Top of Page

Lysander
Learned Scribe

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2004 :  22:32:11  Show Profile  Visit Lysander's Homepage Send Lysander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Garen Thal

For the most part, Baerauble and his successors all took on their apprentices later in their terms of service, when something told them they would be "retiring" soon. Vangerdahast had this process accelerated to a speed uncomfortable to him, leading to the slightly-unfinished Caladnei we see before us. That she is a sorcerer rather than a wizard makes her magical learning somewhat easier, but the knowledge of the Realm she should have is not as full as some might like.

In Another Scroll (Here) Caladnei's appearance was discussed. If I am not mistaken, it was concluded that she did NOT appear in the Cormyr Trilogy, but in the FRCS and other books. I seem to recall that Vangerdahast was present at the end of the third book, and in his present/former capacity (IMC, Calednei doesn't exist in quite the same form ;) )

Lysander

Defender of the Second Edition
Moderator, Project Gemengan, Worlds of D&D
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2004 :  22:41:57  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lysander, you are not mistaken. If you'll recall, I was the one that detailed all her "first appearances," and I know quite well when and where Caladnei pops up. I was referring only to Caladnei's role as Vangerdahast's apprentice/successor, not any appearance in the Cormyr Saga.

Vangerdahast was indeed involved in the entire Cormyr Saga, and remained Mage Royal of Cormyr for the first two books of the Return of the Archwizards trilogy.
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2004 :  18:17:56  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there any more information about what happens to rowen Cormaeryl, after leaving Azoun's tent? I must suppouse he's still a ghazneth?

Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2004 :  18:30:48  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As far as anyone knows, Rowen's whereabouts are unknown and he is still a ghazneth. Hopefully, that particular loose thread will get snipped soon.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2004 :  00:22:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

As far as anyone knows, Rowen's whereabouts are unknown and he is still a ghazneth. Hopefully, that particular loose thread will get snipped soon.

What, WotC snip a loose thread? That's about as likely as a supplement without new PrCs and feats!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2004 :  04:13:14  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

What, WotC snip a loose thread? That's about as likely as a supplement without new PrCs and feats!

Almost unseen, the white flutter of what seems to be a tabard trimmed in purple flashes by. One can hear--almost--the grating sound of shears or scissors being opened and closed hastily.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000