Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 QUESTION FOR THE WOSQ AUTHORS
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2004 :  10:23:15  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
If you havent read Annihalation DONT NOT READ BELOW THIS LINE

WOSQ Authors: You'll need to to Highlight the text as its written in Yellow

What Forgotten Realms date does Lolth return?

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 17 Aug 2004 11:25:51

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2004 :  10:49:39  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm... I had not read the book yet, but my curiosity made me read the insanely powerful spoiler you just posted there. Yes, I am self-admittedly not perfect... I shouldn't have read but I did...

I'm thinking there might be some other "weak" monks hanging around Candlekeep and you should perhaps bleep some part of this or direct your question directly to the author via PM or email...

I mean "duh!", big surprise, like nobody expected this after the opening scene of Insurrection, but still...
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2004 :  11:27:30  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

Hmmm... I had not read the book yet, but my curiosity made me read the insanely powerful spoiler you just posted there. Yes, I am self-admittedly not perfect... I shouldn't have read but I did...

I'm thinking there might be some other "weak" monks hanging around Candlekeep and you should perhaps bleep some part of this or direct your question directly to the author via PM or email...

I mean "duh!", big surprise, like nobody expected this after the opening scene of Insurrection, but still...

ok I reposted the question in Yellow

So if you want to read the question then you'll have to high light the Yellow text

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2004 :  12:23:11  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry, but since my involvement ended with Book One, I don't know the answer.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2004 :  12:31:05  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

Hmmm I wonder if Phil A or Rich Baker are going to Gencon..

Any of the Candlekeep Scribes going to Gencon?

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2004 :  17:56:43  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Me. I'm going to GenCon.
Anyone who wants to get a signature, say hi, or whatever can catch me at my signing in the WotC area Thursday at 3pm. You can also find me doing the how-to-write seminars in the Omni Severin from 8am (shudder) to noon every day.
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2004 :  21:52:45  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did I miss something or did the good writers of WotSQ completely neglect to explain how Nimor Imphraezel escaped from the Plane of Shadow while his body was glowing like the sun (from WotSQ IV)?

LOVED these books though...for further instances of me running up and down the halls talking about how wonderful the series has been...please see nearly any other thread...

Thank you!

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm

Edited by - Arion Elenim on 17 Aug 2004 21:53:30
Go to Top of Page

Panador
Acolyte

Austria
28 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2004 :  06:23:32  Show Profile  Visit Panador's Homepage Send Panador a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arion Elenim

Did I miss something or did the good writers of WotSQ completely neglect to explain how Nimor Imphraezel escaped from the Plane of Shadow while his body was glowing like the sun (from WotSQ IV)?

Yeah, I wondered about that too. First I thought I just forgot how this happened but no matter how hard I tried to remember I couldn't... well, remember what happened.

My guess: Erevis Cale is able to darken the shadows around him, as a shade, was told in Dawn of Night. Maybe Nimor has the same ability due to his shadow dragon bloodline, so maybe he was able to darken the shadows around him very much and shadowstep away from the glowing thing (can't remember what it was)... or he simply dispelled the permanency spell.

*Still thinking about a signature...*
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2004 :  13:06:41  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Me. I'm going to GenCon.
Anyone who wants to get a signature, say hi, or whatever can catch me at my signing in the WotC area Thursday at 3pm. You can also find me doing the how-to-write seminars in the Omni Severin from 8am (shudder) to noon every day.

I've never been sadder for not being able to attend. I would kill for the chance to go.

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

334 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2004 :  17:26:38  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

Ditto for me. We all knew it was going to happen, but that falls into Phil's lap as the "Keeper of the Lore." Since it didn't come into play in my book, I didn't worry about a precise date.

Thomas

"A knight is not truly virtuous, only truly resolved to be so."

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000