Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Dawn of Night release date
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2004 :  12:33:40  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does anyone know if the Dawn of Night has been released in Australia yet??

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2004 :  14:13:10  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lina, I think Dawn of Night should be out down there. After all, I got my copy two months ago here in Canada.

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

Windshear
Acolyte

10 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2004 :  12:10:56  Show Profile  Visit Windshear's Homepage Send Windshear a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It isn't out here as far as I know... at least, none of the decent bookstores I've visited have it in Brisbane... I've been bugging my mate who owns his own store about it, but he's been shrugging a lot. :P

Dymocks' website suggests the 31st of August... but who knows...

Work is the scourge of the drinking classes --- Oscar Wilde

Edited by - Windshear on 05 Aug 2004 12:17:55
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2004 :  04:28:40  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I actually saw it yesterday at a fantasy only bookstore in town (Perth). It wasn't selling at the RRP though, so I think I can wait another few days. It won't kill me... hopefully.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

konzer
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2004 :  17:57:21  Show Profile  Visit konzer's Homepage Send konzer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since everybody has read Twilight Falling, or at least those who are looking at this thread...

I started reading the first few pages of Dawn of Night and I'm a little confused....

Can someone give me a quick synopsis of what happened at the end of the first book again? I can't recall the exact detail. Any info would be greatly apprciated.
Go to Top of Page

Darth KTrava
Learned Scribe

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2004 :  02:04:33  Show Profile  Visit Darth KTrava's Homepage Send Darth KTrava a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't say "everyone".... so, if anyone puts the ending to that book, please, PLEASE use spoiler space!

Evil will be dealt with swiftly as it is my duty to remove such evil from my presence.
-Rozhena, Cleric/Divine Champion of Torm
Go to Top of Page

konzer
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2004 :  15:10:38  Show Profile  Visit konzer's Homepage Send konzer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Doesn't matter anymore. Finished it yesterday. God, I love this series.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2004 :  16:33:08  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by konzer

Doesn't matter anymore. Finished it yesterday. God, I love this series.

There should be a thread in the Novels forum dedicated to this novel. Please share your thoughts if you get a chance.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2004 :  17:35:54  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Indeed, thank ye SiriusBlack. The scroll in question is here, if any wish to comment on this excellent novel.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly