Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 FR collection
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2004 :  04:33:40  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I thought this might be interesting....

How big is your FR novel collection?

So far I have...
One collectors set
plus 23 FR books

Not bad I think, considering I only start mine almost 9 months ago.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2004 :  05:29:09  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
116, including the anthologies.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 08 Aug 2004 05:34:03
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2004 :  07:09:41  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote

That should be every FR book to date except for reprints.... I don't by reprints unless they have new pages in them, like Ed's Spellfire ones did.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2004 :  17:53:58  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
30 FR books right here from this poor fan...

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

Feiht
Acolyte

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2004 :  20:02:54  Show Profile  Visit Feiht's Homepage Send Feiht a Private Message  Reply with Quote
214, which includes reprints, collector's editions and gift sets. It pretty much is every FR book, except for:
The original Tangled Webs hardcover, Servant of the Shard Hardcover (which is on order from Amazon, but I don't have it yet), the Icewind Dale Collector's Edition hardcover, the Dark Elf Trilogy Collector's Edition Hardcover. And I think that is it. So, those 4 will complete the collection, except for the books that aren't out yet.
Go to Top of Page

Valdar Oakensong
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2004 :  22:29:15  Show Profile Send Valdar Oakensong a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I own every novel apart from: Elminster's Daughter, The Best Of The Realms and Easy Betrayals- which is as easy to find in the UK as unicorn poo

Guns don't kill people, magic missiles do.
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2004 :  14:35:44  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lina

So far I have...
One collectors set
plus 23 FR books

Make that 24 (forgot the one I took off the shelf and was reading).

Geez, over 100.....

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

martynq
Seeker

United Kingdom
90 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2004 :  15:52:34  Show Profile  Visit martynq's Homepage Send martynq a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Novels? Erm... I have... 3!
One of the anthologies, War in Tethyr, and Elfshadow (I think, one of the Arilyn Moonblade novels anyway).

I've got lots of Realms D&D products though!

Martyn
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2004 :  15:58:39  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by martynq

Novels? Erm... I have... 3!
One of the anthologies, War in Tethyr, and Elfshadow (I think, one of the Arilyn Moonblade novels anyway).

Yes, Elfshadow is the first novel to feature Arilyn Moonblade.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2004 :  16:29:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Add 1 more to my collection... I found another on the floor in front of my couch.

I really need to straighten up my apartment again!

Edit: Ooh, post 1138! As a Star Wars fan, I am obligated to like that number!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 09 Aug 2004 16:32:36
Go to Top of Page

The Wanderer
Learned Scribe

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2004 :  18:24:02  Show Profile  Visit The Wanderer's Homepage Send The Wanderer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do not have access to my library ATM, but it probably holds 100+ books. I have every single FR novel (they took a while to find) as well as most of the rule-books and adventures. Now if you include every D&D book....

The Wanderer
Go to Top of Page

Panador
Acolyte

Austria
28 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2004 :  19:22:17  Show Profile  Visit Panador's Homepage Send Panador a Private Message  Reply with Quote
43... no, wait, bought Annihiliation, Forsaken House and Magehound... 46 FR novels at the moment, but going to buy more and more :)

*Still thinking about a signature...*

Edited by - Panador on 16 Aug 2004 19:48:21
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2004 :  00:59:25  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Add 1 more to my collection... I found another on the floor in front of my couch.

I really need to straighten up my apartment again!

Edit: Ooh, post 1138! As a Star Wars fan, I am obligated to like that number!

Nice one THX!
I have no clue how many I have. Some are in storage as I'm between living spaces. Fifty easy, hundred probable, hundred fifty doubtful.

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

Elmonster
Acolyte

Russia
49 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2004 :  20:54:12  Show Profile  Visit Elmonster's Homepage Send Elmonster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
41 book. But i've read only 24 of them.

I wished on the seven sisters
Bring me the wisdom of the age
All that's locked within the book of secrets
I longed for the knowledge of the sage...

Fires at Midnight, Blackmore's Night
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2004 :  13:35:55  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Panador

43... no, wait, bought Annihiliation, Forgotten House and Magehound... 46 FR novels at the moment, but going to buy more and more :)

Me wants more too, but... life gets in the way.

-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2004 :  16:36:45  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Me wants more too, but... life gets in the way.

Creditors too get in the way of expanding my gaming collection. Those people really need to get their priorities straight.
Go to Top of Page

Darth KTrava
Learned Scribe

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2004 :  01:51:15  Show Profile  Visit Darth KTrava's Homepage Send Darth KTrava a Private Message  Reply with Quote
61 and counting. That's a rough count as I was sitting here at the desk and counting the ones on the bookshelf above the desk with various action figures in the way (they're "sitting" on the shelves in front of the books)

Evil will be dealt with swiftly as it is my duty to remove such evil from my presence.
-Rozhena, Cleric/Divine Champion of Torm
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2004 :  03:39:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Darth KTrava

61 and counting. That's a rough count as I was sitting here at the desk and counting the ones on the bookshelf above the desk with various action figures in the way (they're "sitting" on the shelves in front of the books)

My bookshelves are covered with action figures, too.

The FR shelves have Evas, Macross Veritech/Valkyries, Muppets figures, GI Joe vehicles, Space Ghost, and Naru and Kitsune from Love Hina in front of them.

Go to Top of Page

Valdar Oakensong
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2004 :  12:10:41  Show Profile Send Valdar Oakensong a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am expecting the last of the missing books to be delivered tomorrow. roll on September for Mistress of the Night.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2004 :  13:44:34  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Valdar Oakensong

I am expecting the last of the missing books to be delivered tomorrow. roll on September for Mistress of the Night.

Actually it might be later. As apparently, per someone in another thread, WOTC has that novel scheduled for a December release now. If that's true, I'm curious as to the reason for the push back.
Go to Top of Page

Valdar Oakensong
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2004 :  13:59:29  Show Profile Send Valdar Oakensong a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is The Two Swords the next release after that then? Looking forward to that, although I wish Bob Would bring back Cadderly, the quintet was his best work.

Actually it might be later. As apparently, per someone in another thread, WOTC has that novel scheduled for a December release now. If that's true, I'm curious as to the reason for the push back.
[/quote]

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2004 :  14:56:30  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Is The Two Swords the next release after that then? Looking forward to that, although I wish Bob Would bring back Cadderly, the quintet was his best work.

That and Realms of the Dragons would be next in line for release.
Go to Top of Page

Feiht
Acolyte

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2004 :  19:29:01  Show Profile  Visit Feiht's Homepage Send Feiht a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In terms of new books, yeah it's Realms of Dragons and Two Swords. But also, the rerelease of Darkwalker on Moonshae and the Paths of Darkness gift set are coming out in September. It sucks that no new books comes out until October. Only the rerelease and the gift set in September.
Go to Top of Page

Darth KTrava
Learned Scribe

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2004 :  04:25:53  Show Profile  Visit Darth KTrava's Homepage Send Darth KTrava a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Darth KTrava

My bookshelves are covered with action figures, too.

The FR shelves have Evas, Macross Veritech/Valkyries, Muppets figures, GI Joe vehicles, Space Ghost, and Naru and Kitsune from Love Hina in front of them.

Mine: First shelf: Several Godzilla figures, Rodan vs. Gimli and a 12" Clone Trooper. And a stack of cd roms and my cable modem. That's one shelf.

Next shelf up: Plush Obi-Wan Kenobi, a blue neopet kangaroo-thingy, small Darth Maul figurine, a stuffed werewolf, 12" Darth Maul in grunge outfit weilding a batleth, a Garfield clipon.

Evil will be dealt with swiftly as it is my duty to remove such evil from my presence.
Go to Top of Page

Darth KTrava
Learned Scribe

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2004 :  04:27:30  Show Profile  Visit Darth KTrava's Homepage Send Darth KTrava a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Me too! I like Cadderly!

Go to Top of Page

Ignorance Personified
Seeker

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2004 :  04:56:35  Show Profile  Visit Ignorance Personified's Homepage Send Ignorance Personified a Private Message  Reply with Quote
71 Novels, 4 Collectors Editions, and the FRCS.

quote:

I think his best work, and my favorite realms novel, is Servant of the Shard. Reading that novel actually caused me to pick up the quintet and the Elminster Series(my first non-Salvatore realms novels) due to a sarcastic suggestion that Artemis should try to kill El. An interest in the elves within Elminster in Myth Dranor led me to try Evermeet which, prompted me to read the rest of EC's works...

Carthago delenda est.
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2004 :  00:53:43  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a mere 26; Forsaken House is next on my agenda though.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Arnwyn
Acolyte

35 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2004 :  02:33:10  Show Profile  Visit Arnwyn's Homepage Send Arnwyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
112 novels for me.

I quit buying, though, a couple years ago. After being burned one too many times, I am now very selective - only buying those by Ed Greenwood, and select novels by Elaine Cunningham and RA Salvatore. I don't trust any other FR author.
Go to Top of Page

Ignorance Personified
Seeker

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2004 :  03:42:23  Show Profile  Visit Ignorance Personified's Homepage Send Ignorance Personified a Private Message  Reply with Quote

quote:
Originally Posted by Arnwyn
After being burned one too many times, I am now very selective - only buying those by Ed Greenwood, and select novels by Elaine Cunningham and RA Salvatore. I don't trust any other FR author

I am also starting to feel this way about realms novels, but you should pick up Paul S. Kemp's Erevis Cale Trilogy (Book 1-Twilight Falling) as the trilogy is on par with the aforementioned authors' finest works--if I am wrong then I will use my name as a crutch.

Carthago delenda est.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31726 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2004 :  12:51:45  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

So far I have...
One collectors set
plus 23 FR books

I have a copy (sometimes two, depending upon it's initial release) of every single FR novel published, except for the latest, being Forsaken House (it hasn't been released here yet).

I have all the anthologies, as well as all the collectors editions now released, and most of the reprints (but only if the originals are in a such a poor state).

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

konzer
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2004 :  15:52:18  Show Profile  Visit konzer's Homepage Send konzer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have just over 90 books. Trying to convince a friend to sell me his full harper series.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000