Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Serpent Kingdoms Chat with Eric Boyd
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2004 :  16:44:15  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
The following was posted today at ENWorld:

quote:

There will be a live chat in the #forgottenrealms chatroom of chat.psionics.net with Eric Boyd, author of Serpent Kingdoms, on Wednesday July 21st at 9:30 pm Eastern (6:30 pm Pacific).

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2004 :  07:26:16  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did anyone attend the chat? I got delayed so I missed it. However, I was wondering how the turnout was. Hopefully, like the Eberron chat, a log will be appearing shortly on ENWorld.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2004 :  14:07:08  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Missed it by 45 minutes - hard to work out what the time was from here in Australia. Turn out wasn't great so I heard it was going to be re-scheduled with Darrin Drader on board as well.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Wanderer
Learned Scribe

USA
132 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2004 :  14:24:03  Show Profile  Visit The Wanderer's Homepage Send The Wanderer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos
...so I heard it was going to be re-scheduled ...
-- George Krashos

Bah ... I was looking forward to this particular chat session.

The Wanderer
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2004 :  14:33:46  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Missed it by 45 minutes - hard to work out what the time was from here in Australia. Turn out wasn't great so I heard it was going to be re-scheduled with Darrin Drader on board as well.

-- George Krashos

Sorry to hear that turn out was so bad. I don't think that's due to a lack of interest so much as the timing.

Thank you for the information.
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2004 :  16:23:09  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, all.

Since I was helping to organize the chat, and will be helping with the rescheduling, I can let everyone know that the chat will be rescheduled soon, hopefully for the first or second Wednesday in August. Unfortunately, we didn't realize that the release of the book by Amazon and other online vendors would be quite so late, and this greatly decreased the number of potential attendees who actually have the book.

As soon as we know anything, notices will be posted wherever possible, and I'll be sure to make an official announcement here, rather than waiting on a copied one from ENWorld. After all, this is a cornerstone of the Forgotten Realms community, and you all deserve an invitation as well.

-G
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2004 :  16:40:37  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Garen Thal
Since I was helping to organize the chat, and will be helping with the rescheduling, I can let everyone know that the chat will be rescheduled soon, hopefully for the first or second Wednesday in August.

Great to hear!

quote:

Unfortunately, we didn't realize that the release of the book by Amazon and other online vendors would be quite so late, and this greatly decreased the number of potential attendees who actually have the book.

Amazon released something late?

quote:

As soon as we know anything, notices will be posted wherever possible, and I'll be sure to make an official announcement here, rather than waiting on a copied one from ENWorld. After all, this is a cornerstone of the Forgotten Realms community, and you all deserve an invitation as well.

Check out Garen Thal with the smooth compliment. I like that.

the cornerstone would have been even better...but I'm greedy.

Thank you again for this update and I look forward to hearing more from you about the chat in the near future.

SB
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2004 :  23:24:39  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahh, but 'twould be folly to proclaim Candlekeep the sole corner of an entire community, would it not? A house with but one corner cannot stand, and we must account for the Realms-L, the varied masters of Realmslore (I point a crooked and quill-wielding hand at you, Mr. Krashos), and the many individual Realms campaigns as other corners of our grand and all-encompassing home.

That said, the #forgottenrealms chat room is always and continuously open, and we are always looking for good discussions and sages to stop on by. Wait not for a scheduled chat to visit; there is ever someone needing a live Realms discussion just a few clicks away.
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2004 :  03:33:21  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

-- George Krashos

Heh... I missed the chat by just half-an-hour. I'm glad to hear about the re-schedule though. I'll have to get my times straight...

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000