Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 WOTC are Recruiting Game Designers
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  08:08:57  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Found this over at Enworld

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Alaundo on 02 Jul 2004 09:23:23

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  08:18:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shorter Link

Dargoth, can you please replace your link with the above to prevent horizontal scroll? Thank you.

And why couldn't they just rehire a loss? Steven, why not try applying?

Edited by - Arivia on 02 Jul 2004 08:20:13
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  12:52:21  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They probably want fresh blood. None of that old stuff -- it might have worked so well with TSR, but they know better.

::please insert a rolling-eyes emoticon that is much more sarcastic than the one currently available here::

Some one needs to give WotC a free perscription for an ADD pill to cure their short-attention span.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  13:57:31  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

They probably want fresh blood. None of that old stuff -- it might have worked so well with TSR, but they know better.

::please insert a rolling-eyes emoticon that is much more sarcastic than the one currently available here::

Some one needs to give WotC a free perscription for an ADD pill to cure their short-attention span.

Wow, in a short time span, they've posted something looking for a writer, an editor, and now a game designer. What's next?
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  14:05:22  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A new trend analyst to find the next big thing, of course.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  14:35:32  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

What!?

You mean thats NOT EBERRON!?!?!?!?!?!?

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  14:42:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

quote:

What!?

You mean thats NOT EBERRON!?!?!?!?!?!?

*holds up a finger*

No-it's the next great thing. One happy convert here-going through Dungeoncraft(and related articles) to plan out a campaign, and I'm realizing it's been way too long since I referenced this stuff. D&D hasn't felt this fresh in quite awhile-too bad all my work will need to be redone once Sharn: City of Towers comes out, but that's the way things go.

Edited by - Arivia on 02 Jul 2004 14:45:36
Go to Top of Page

Mystery_Man
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  14:43:54  Show Profile  Visit Mystery_Man's Homepage Send Mystery_Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey whatever keeps them in business to produce more Realms material is fine by me.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  15:09:29  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia
D&D hasn't felt this fresh in quite awhile

Good for you! Now apply for and get this job so you can keep in touch with me and let SB know about all the new stuff being planned.
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  15:16:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:
Originally posted by Arivia
D&D hasn't felt this fresh in quite awhile

Good for you! Now apply for and get this job so you can keep in touch with me and let SB know about all the new stuff being planned.

Well, okay. You'll just need to make a small trip to the artificer's-I need potions of the following:
-Age Ten Years
-Gain College Degree
-Gain Experience in Field
-Protection from NDAs

Now go!

And things have gone full circle...
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  15:27:18  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Too bad you couldn't telework or something so that they'd never know. I'd say you're able to act as professionally as necessary -- unless the standard is higher than it seems.

Go to Top of Page

Mystery_Man
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  15:41:08  Show Profile  Visit Mystery_Man's Homepage Send Mystery_Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm glad the Eberron seems to be somewhat well recieved. Most of the stuff on the web that I've read from people who have it or have seen it (that would be me) has been good. My players want me to run a campaign in it sometime in the future when my FR campaign wraps up. However....

:)

There is always a bandwagon to be joined when a new setting comes around.I know, I've hung out on ENworld long enough to watch this phenomenon. It is truly amazing.

I've seen so many campaign setting from WoTC come and go that I can't help but wonder how much support this will recieve. Will it continue on and still be here 5 years from now? Ten?

This brings to mind a question. What has given the Realms so much staying power over the years? It's 2004, this setting came out when I graduated from high school. That was a long time ago (mixed emotion now) for one setting to be around and continue to get published support, with no end in sight.

Edited by - Mystery_Man on 02 Jul 2004 15:42:48
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  17:48:32  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elf_Friend

This brings to mind a question. What has given the Realms so much staying power over the years? It's 2004, this setting came out when I graduated from high school. That was a long time ago (mixed emotion now) for one setting to be around and continue to get published support, with no end in sight.

Thats a good point. I believe the answer is TSR's\WotC's dedication to the setting.... which is what gives my concerns over the release of Eberron - now that WotC have a deep interest in this new setting, they are likely to neglect FR a little - they already have proved this with ceasing to produce adventure modules for the Realms.

Even if WotC have had enough of FR, I think they will keep it as a novels-only setting like Dragonlance.... and hopefully sell the gaming rights to another company, as happened with Ravenloft and Dragonlance. Maybe it is time to give someone else ago, some company who will have the passion for it.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  18:06:31  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I've seen so many campaign setting from WoTC come and go that.

Sirius pulls out rocking chair for Elf_Friend. So, tell me of this ancient campaign I've heard of..something about a dark...sun???
Go to Top of Page

Urlithani
Acolyte

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2004 :  03:01:20  Show Profile  Visit Urlithani's Homepage Send Urlithani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was really looking forward to Eberron, but then someone let me look at the Conan RPG book. Selūne's stars! It is so awesome! The only thing wrong are the spelling errors but those are easy to get by.

Now that I've said that, I'll never get the job at WoTC now since their internet ninjas are monitoring this post as we speak.

Biggest. Selƻne. Fanboy. Ever! :)
"The only reward of Virtue is Virtue." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
"The time is always right to do what is right. "
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Go to Top of Page

Lysander
Learned Scribe

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2004 :  03:21:38  Show Profile  Visit Lysander's Homepage Send Lysander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:
I've seen so many campaign setting from WoTC come and go that.

Sirius pulls out rocking chair for Elf_Friend. So, tell me of this ancient campaign I've heard of..something about a dark...sun???

Ahhh, the shadowed orb.... do you have a birthright entitling you to this?

Lysander
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2004 :  04:16:06  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Urlithani

I was really looking forward to Eberron, but then someone let me look at the Conan RPG book. Selūne's stars! It is so awesome! The only thing wrong are the spelling errors but those are easy to get by.

I've heard good things about the Conan book. Not a world I ever had an interest in but I'm glad others are enjoying the tome. Spelling errors? I had hoped Mongoose fixed the editing problems they were having. I'm glad I decided against buying Lone Wolf now.

quote:

Now that I've said that, I'll never get the job at WoTC now since their internet ninjas are monitoring this post as we speak.

WOTC has internet ninjas? Who would have thunked it? Is this a full-time job with benefits or purely part-time position?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000