Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Midnight's Mask
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2004 :  17:10:39  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does anyone know any information about the third book in the Erevis Cale trilogy? I've been searching the internet but there was nothing. Any information will be helpful, maybe even a link to a picture of the cover.

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2004 :  17:25:29  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DDH_101

Does anyone know any information about the third book in the Erevis Cale trilogy? I've been searching the internet but there was nothing. Any information will be helpful, maybe even a link to a picture of the cover.

WOTC can't even get a sample chapter up for novels about to be released in July or August of this year. Thus, I'll be very surprised if they have an image or details on Midnight's Mask just yet. I think the best bet would be to try Paul Kemp's thread and demand ask him if he wouldn't mind sharing a few details or mysterious hints on what a reader might expect.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2005 :  17:05:35  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Check out this link for an image of the cover.
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2005 :  00:17:36  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice! Thanks, Sirius. I can't wait for the novel to come out...

Go to Top of Page

Paec_djinn
Learned Scribe

173 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2005 :  10:30:52  Show Profile  Visit Paec_djinn's Homepage Send Paec_djinn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So finally the cover is released. Not the best of quality but I like it...wonder what that strange artifact at the bottom left is
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2005 :  10:51:42  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paec_djinn

...wonder what that strange artifact at the bottom left is

If it is an artifact.

Perhaps it is tied to the worship of Mask, or an important symbol of his faith in the Realms.

You could ask Mr Kemp in his own question scroll, right here at Candlekeep.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2005 :  15:05:23  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paec_djinn

So finally the cover is released. Not the best of quality but I like it...wonder what that strange artifact at the bottom left is

Do you mean the image isn't the best of quality or the cover art itself?
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2005 :  18:24:25  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm... perhaps that strange thing in the corner is The Weave Tap or the Crown of Flames. After all, those are the two artifacts that are focused in the trilogy.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2005 :  19:42:09  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hmm... perhaps that strange thing in the corner is The Weave Tap or the Crown of Flames. After all, those are the two artifacts that are focused in the trilogy.

Paul Kemp has provided his thoughts on the subject within his thread.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2005 :  12:58:01  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Paul Kemp's blog entry for June 15th had the following update for this title:

quote:

Midnight's Mask Galleys
I expect to receive the galleys for "Midnight's Mask" today. Fedex tried to deliver them yesterday but no one was home. Jen is at home today, so they should be there when I get home from the office. I have to flip the galleys in a week, so I'll need to get cracking.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2005 :  13:05:46  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Paul Kemp's blog entry for July 1st had the following information for this novel:

quote:

Galley Away!
Well, I will not see "Midnight's Mask" again until it is in print. Sent the corrected galley back to WotC last week. I'm happy with the book. Had an interesting experience with the copyeditor this time around. In my opinion, she seemed a bit too ready to assert her own stylistic choices, something I find unseemly in a copyeditor (to put it nicely). But it's all straightened out now.

I'm more or less brainstorming on the next trilogy at this point, reading the appropriate sourcebooks, jotting concepts and scene ideas as they come to me. This series presents some interesting challenges. Should be fun

Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2005 :  06:21:26  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know the projected release date for Paul's new trilogy???

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2005 :  09:14:23  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by VEDSICA

Does anyone know the projected release date for Paul's new trilogy???

Well met

Maybe ask Paul directly in this own thread, VEDSICA Although I doubt there would be any pin-pointed date just yet.

Now, back to Midnight's Mask

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2005 :  15:55:17  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As you wish great one

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2005 :  05:40:03  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I made my wild guesses about the Year of Rogue Dragons conclusion, so I guess I might as well take a stab at this book as well . . .

My bet is that Riven joined up with the Slaad and the Sojourner to screw them up from within, as Mask probably won't like whatever the Sojourner has in mind.

Why do I guess this? For one, Riven left Erevis alive, and he went to great pains to point out that he doesn't let opponents that could be a danger to him later live. He left the First of Five alive to prove his dominance, even as he completes Mask's mission using intrigue, i.e. turing on his "friends" in order to infiltrate his enemies.

But just like my Rogue Dragons guess, this is complete speculation.
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2005 :  06:27:07  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's what I think too. There's no way Mask went through all that trouble to create his First and Second just to have them go at each other's throats. He still need them to go recover his portfolio of Intrigue.

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2005 :  15:44:40  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Midnight's Mask is due out in November, and is already available to buy in some locations. Candlekeep is now running a book club for this novel and we hope ye can join us to discuss this highly anticipated book with the author, Paul S Kemp.

For more information, please see this scroll.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2005 :  00:02:02  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to pop into this thread to say a few words.

I've just finished reading this book and it blew me away! It really is an amazing book and tops off one hell of a trilogy. For those who haven't read it, pick it up!! I highly recommend this book and the trilogy.

Also, come and post in the book club (http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=33), i can't wait to hear more views on this one

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000