Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 BOOM! I have returned! 'ware ye!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  15:34:28  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met

Indeed I have returned from my lengthy venture back to these wondrous halls and scribes, which have been missed so much

..and what is this I see? Piles upon piles of scrolls and tomes to sift through ::sigh:: I think I need a holiday

I will certainly look forward to reading this new Realmslore which you have all penned in my absence, nonetheless

Good to see you all again, and welcome to all you new scribes herein.

May I also take this opportunity to thank Tethtoril for the hard work in keeping the library in order....I hope it hasn't been too much of a chore, I know how this rabble can be sometimes

....and also a big thank ye to all who gave their wishes for my venture, you certainly warmed up the heart

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  15:42:09  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
THANK DENEIR!

Oh I mean, no - no problem at all. Everything is just fine. Please move along, nothing to see here.

Welcome back Alaundo, ye have been missed.

Tethtoril
Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Edited by - Tethtoril on 25 Jun 2004 15:42:46
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  17:32:06  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My greatest and deepest welcomes to you, Great Alaundo, welcome to your home. We've missed you so much, that even mi wolves bite the courtains and squirted the roses, ehmmmm .... i hope there's no problem with that....

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  17:57:24  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I'll be! Speak of the devil (or sage of Candlekeep!) and he appears! Lady K and Gion were just discussing your return. I would say 'twas shocking coincidence, except that Savras is lord of Fate!

Welcome back, Alaundo! How were the nuptials?

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36793 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  18:01:18  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"BOOM!"? Who's making that racket in the library?

Welcome back!

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  18:02:50  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back Alaundo. I have that list of troublema... er, studious scribes who "made an impression" while you were gone that you requested. I'll just slip that scroll under your door.
Anyway, welcome back! The ball and chain you're dragging around is scuffing up the floor by the way.

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  19:18:28  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Blinks))

Oh! good....er...uhm...Alaundo's back...

Now I get to continue dusting....that's...erm...spectacular....

(Puts down his lute and picks up his formerly discarded dustrag....)

(welcome back, old friend...)

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

Sarta
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  19:43:25  Show Profile Send Sarta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back. I'm afraid we were not as nice to Tethtoril as we should have been. He performed above and beyond the call of duty though and deserves to be commended for his great work.

Sarta
Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2004 :  20:44:28  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sarta

Welcome back. I'm afraid we were not as nice to Tethtoril as we should have been. He performed above and beyond the call of duty though and deserves to be commended for his great work.

Sarta

Awwwww! Daren't you get all sweet on me now. You have a reputation to uphold. I will gladly go back to cleaning out the corners and ... well, somebody thought my desk needed to be cleaned up when I wasn't there. It may have been a mess, but it was my mess, I knew where every last things was located ... really, I did. Ahhh, back to scribing. It is what I do best.

I fear my trial under fire had good points and bad points. Alaundo's back now. Time for me to relax a little.

Tethtoril

Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2004 :  02:41:38  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm glad to see you're back Alaundo. The library just hasn't been quite the same without you . . .

I would also like to second Sarta's comments about the ability of Tethtoril in temporarily filling your role while absent. You should know that he performed his assigned duties most admirably, and a more capable moderator you could not find . . .

Oh, and Tethtoril, I hope Alaundo's return doesn't mean you're going to disappear back into the shadows of the vast halls of Candlekeep? I do so hope that you plan to continue participating in active Realmslore discussion . . .

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

RogueAssassin
Learned Scribe

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2004 :  06:10:14  Show Profile  Visit RogueAssassin's Homepage Send RogueAssassin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back Alaundo! Sage has done an excelent job while you were gone

-The Rogue

"Spirit. Its a Heros strength, a mothers resiliance, and the poor mans armor. It cannot be broken and it cannot be taken away. This i must belive"---Drizzt Do'Urden
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2004 :  10:37:52  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Thank ye all for the kind welcoming words Indeed, I have certainly missed this place and missed seeing you all and reading your pennings.

Tethtoril has indeed done a great job....and will still have the same presence herein Aye, Tethtoril.... your duties here are ne'er done

I hope to be caught up with all the new lore within the next few days and we should hopefully have some new scrolls and tomes to share with thee all within the next tenday.

Now.....does anyone mayhaps have a key for this infernal ball and chain around my ankle, its beginning to chafe a little

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2004 :  10:47:10  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RogueAssassin

Welcome back Alaundo! Sage has done an excelent job while you were gone

-The Rogue

What do you mean Rogue? The Sage has been absent nearly as long as Alaundo has . . .

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36793 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2004 :  11:08:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Now.....does anyone mayhaps have a key for this infernal ball and chain around my ankle, its beginning to chafe a little

And with these words, we find that the new Mrs. Alaundo does not frequent these halls.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 26 Jun 2004 11:15:15
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2004 :  19:02:19  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kazandra

Oh, and Tethtoril, I hope Alaundo's return doesn't mean you're going to disappear back into the shadows of the vast halls of Candlekeep? I do so hope that you plan to continue participating in active Realmslore discussion . . .

Ditto. Teth - you were definately an admirable temp in Alaundo's absense and should now be allowed to fill a more permanent role within these walls!

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)

Edited by - Sarelle on 26 Jun 2004 19:03:38
Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2004 :  21:10:12  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ditto. Teth - you were definately an admirable temp in Alaundo's absense and should now be allowed to fill a more permanent role within these walls!

Temp? Alaundo ... I thought ye said this was where I was being kept for all eternity? And here I even moved in both my kittens.

Aye Sarelle! My place here is as permanent as I would like it to be. Unfortunately, I have found my niche - and it keeps growing. Thankee all for for your lauds, not sure I deserve them as I was simply trying to keep the scrolls neat.

Tethtoril

Go to Top of Page

RogueAssassin
Learned Scribe

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2004 :  21:51:45  Show Profile  Visit RogueAssassin's Homepage Send RogueAssassin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
What do you mean Rogue? The Sage has been absent nearly as long as Alaundo has . . .

Oops! You caught me lady, though i think Alaundo knew what i meant.TethToril has done quite well in Alaundos absence.

-The Rogue

"Spirit. Its a Heros strength, a mothers resiliance, and the poor mans armor. It cannot be broken and it cannot be taken away. This i must belive"---Drizzt Do'Urden
Go to Top of Page

Purple_Faerie Goddess
Acolyte

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2004 :  15:57:22  Show Profile  Visit Purple_Faerie Goddess's Homepage Send Purple_Faerie Goddess a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would also like to welcome you back, Alaundo. Indeed you have been greatly missed. Maybe some of the slackers will get back to their duties, now. It seems several have been neglectful while you were gone. Here let me help you with that. Purple_Faerie waves a hand over the ball and chain.Uhm, I don't think it is comming off, but I can alleviate the pressure. Here this may help with the chaffing.Hands him an ointment.There, it should feel lighter now.

'May all your days be filled with faery magick.'
'It wasn't me, I swear.'
'There is neither evil or good. There is only me.'
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2004 :  06:58:15  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And don't forget, I was gone for a month, and I had less of a reason than Sage did. Of course, the main reason, to start out with, was the fact that it was just so . . . frustrating around here during that time. Perhaps it had to do with Alaundo leaving, perhaps not . . . all I know is that things just couldn't hold my attention. I couldn't even be bothered to point out to all the new scribes how they were simply asking questions posed before -- much less link to them like I've done in the past.

Of course, lately, I have had the excuse that my computer suddenly developed the electronic version of SARS. More easily cured, but it was very frustrating. Luckily, I'm pretty sure my computer didn't sneeze on anyone else's . . . .

And then I've got a professor at the moment who is most certainly not a proper follower of Oghma! I've seen professors who "teach" (if one can call it that) out of the book, but this one takes the cake. This is the only class where I've done so horribly on essays, simply because it seems that if it isn't from the book, it's inacceptable. No, the only times I've gotten full marks from this idiot of a professor was when I practically quoted the book.

So I think I'll dive back into some Realmslore. Read a Volo's Guide cover to cover, perhaps. Perhaps work on a few rules varients. Write some more on Jack Archer. (By the way, Alaundo, if you'd like I can give you an edited RTF of Chapter One for the main library.)

::sigh:: Well, enough whining. I've a few scrolls piled up I need to get through . . . .

Oh, before I forget . . . when's Alaundo Jr. coming for a visit?

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Sebastrd
Acolyte

28 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2004 :  22:39:50  Show Profile  Visit Sebastrd's Homepage Send Sebastrd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations and welcome back, sir.
Go to Top of Page

Senbar Flay
Learned Scribe

185 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2004 :  19:28:17  Show Profile  Visit Senbar Flay's Homepage Send Senbar Flay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
salutations! And welcome back Alaundo the scribes have missed you dearly and I are glad to have you back.

Imagination is more important than knowledge for knowledge is limited imagination encircles the world.- Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2004 :  11:28:46  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congrats and hope everything is going well. That was a really short holiday. If it was me I'd take the whole year off.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000