Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Lady of Poison (Possible Spoilers)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2004 :  17:46:18  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Lady of Poison, the first novel in the Priests series, is being listed as available by some of the online book dealers. I wanted to give a heads up to others with this thread so they can look for it at their local store.

I'm very curious to see what others think about this novel first before I make a decision on buying it. Thus, once you've started reading the book, please come back and share your thoughts.

Kameron M. Franklin
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2004 :  19:50:33  Show Profile  Visit Kameron M. Franklin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll probably buy it so I can compare how the other authors treat the class.

"You keep saying that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2004 :  20:17:29  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kameron M. Franklin

I'll probably buy it so I can compare how the other authors treat the class.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the story. Right now, I'm leaning towards purchasing it, but I'm in no rush. This attitude may change depending upon how others react to the book.
Go to Top of Page

Feiht
Acolyte

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2004 :  23:19:04  Show Profile  Visit Feiht's Homepage Send Feiht a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know I will but it to go along with the collection. i will let you know how it is. I have it on order from Amazon, so we will see when it gets sent out.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2004 :  00:06:13  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Feiht

I know I will but it to go along with the collection. i will let you know how it is. I have it on order from Amazon, so we will see when it gets sent out.

Thanks, I can't recall if Amazon was one of the stores listing it as available. I know B&N was.
Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2004 :  21:39:07  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Same here I'll get it regardless to add to the collection.I'll let you know my thoughts once I get it,and read it.Though you'll probably already have an opinion on whether to get or not before then.

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  04:24:49  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I'm about 60 pages in, since I can't find book 5 of the Spider Queen yet.

So far this book is good. It seems that this male priest of Lurue is seeking this child, because Lurue has stopped answering prayers as well as stopped granting powers to her faithful. Some of the creatures and beings from Unapproachable East are used as well, like the Rotting Man and those corrupted plants.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  04:34:06  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kuje31

Well I'm about 60 pages in, since I can't find book 5 of the Spider Queen yet.

FRP Games is listing the latter now as available. I am very curious about what you have to say regarding this novel.

quote:

So far this book is good. It seems that this male priest of Lurue is seeking this child, because Lurue has stopped answering prayers as well as stopped granting powers to her faithful. Some of the creatures and beings from Unapproachable East are used as well, like the Rotting Man and those corrupted plants.

Interesting. Where is this set again? Or maybe I should say what locales have been visited by the characters so far?

Stopped answering prayers? Is this becoming a habit with FR deities? They are getting as moody as the Greek gods.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  05:21:23  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack
FRP Games is listing the latter now as available. I am very curious about what you have to say regarding this novel.

Interesting. Where is this set again? Or maybe I should say what locales have been visited by the characters so far?

Stopped answering prayers? Is this becoming a habit with FR deities? They are getting as moody as the Greek gods.

Cool, but I can't buy any thing else online right now... Credit Cards have enough money on them. :)

It seems so, we got Lloth and now Lurue not answering thier faithful. Grin.

So far it takes place mostly in Thesk and around the High Dale. There is a map included with the book as well. Also one of the characters seems to be a Deep Imaskari.

My only complaint so far is that a lot of the pages, at least in my copy, are printed off center.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  05:39:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
My only complaint so far is that a lot of the pages, at least in my copy, are printed off center.

Are you sure you're not reading the Rage?
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  05:51:35  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm interesting...So Rotting mans in it

In one of Bruces wotc interviews he said he was going to do a web article for his book when it comes out, I wonder if it will include stats for Rotting man or a Chosen of Talona template?

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  05:54:39  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Cool, but I can't buy any thing else online right now... Credit Cards have enough money on them. :)

I understand.

quote:

It seems so, we got Lloth and now Lurue not answering thier faithful. Grin.

The L deities are just not reliable. Watch out followers of Lathander.

quote:

So far it takes place mostly in Thesk and around the High Dale. There is a map included with the book as well. Also one of the characters seems to be a Deep Imaskari.

Nice to see them including a map again. Deep Imaskari...well, guess it is nice to see them include game elements into novels. Although, I wasn't a big fan of the Deep Imaskari when they appeared.

quote:

Isn't this the second WOTC product that has had printing problems within the past month? I really need to go check my two copies of Annihilation more closely.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  05:56:31  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

The Rage is spreading everywhere.

Thank you kuje31 for sharing your thoughts on the novel.

Additionally, thank you Dargoth for letting me know a web article might be on the horizon. Eilistraee willing.
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  06:00:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Isn't this the second WOTC product that has had printing problems within the past month? I really need to go check my two copies of Annihilation more closely.

I believe so-and there were problems with the XPH, I believe. TWO copies? Can I have one? Please?
Wait, I still have yet to read Book 3...
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  06:03:59  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I believe so-and there were problems with the XPH, I believe. TWO copies? Can I have one? Please?

Then you dont deserve it!

Give it to me Sirius!

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  06:10:08  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I believe so-and there were problems with the XPH, I believe.

WOTC needs to do something then. If one of the products I purchase is that way, it's going back.

quote:

TWO copies? Can I have one? Please?

Yep, two copies. I believe I've mentioned in other posts that I have two other Realms fans very close to me. One of them wanted a copy. Yes, she could have borrowed mine, but it's not nice to get between Sirius and his book. Why be called lefty the rest of your life?
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  06:16:28  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth
Then you dont deserve it!

No, he doesn't deserve it. He's been cheating on the FR with other worlds.

quote:

Give it to me Sirius!

I would, honest, if it was mine to give. I know when people think of Sirius, they think of kindness and generosity.

Actually, I twice tried to give a book to a fellow messageboard member when I was on the WOTC novel forum. Once, a soldier in Afghanistan got a copy of The Lone Drow. I hear he passed it along to other soliders so I was very happy about that. Then, I tried to pass along one of the novels to The Rogue series to someone else overseas. However, the person declined, giving me the distinct impression she thought I was simply trying to get her mailing address so I could stalk her.

Yep, that's me. I go after all the ladies with an ocean between me.

Anyways, thanks to kuje31 again. I definitely am going to pick up this novel now.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  06:34:07  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

The Rage is spreading everywhere.

Thank you kuje31 for sharing your thoughts on the novel.

Additionally, thank you Dargoth for letting me know a web article might be on the horizon. Eilistraee willing.

Arivia: Nope I know what I'm reading. Grin.

Well there is some nice stuff in this book now that I got halfway through it. A demiplane that the Imaskari created. And it seems that the Rotting Man caused Lurue to weaken, but I'm not going to get into that to much cause it'll spoil the book.

Glad you liked the info though Sirius.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  06:38:12  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hmm interesting...So Rotting mans in it

In one of Bruces wotc interviews he said he was going to do a web article for his book when it comes out, I wonder if it will include stats for Rotting man or a Chosen of Talona template?

That would be interesting, or maybe a Dragon article...

I'm still trying to figure out what race the main character is.... I'm thinking half-medusa, or one of those male kinds from 2e that I forgot the name of, since he had a few snakes as part of his hair and he can turn people to stone with his eyes.

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  07:00:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
That would be interesting, or maybe a Dragon article...

I'm still trying to figure out what race the main character is.... I'm thinking half-medusa, or one of those male kinds from 2e that I forgot the name of, since he had a few snakes as part of his hair and he can turn people to stone with his eyes.

Maenad?

quote:
No, he doesn't deserve it. He's been cheating on the FR with other worlds.

So what?
Bah, I think that Khorvaire is worth the tradeoff.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  07:23:56  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

YOU BLASPHEMING HERETIC!

Sirius fetch the rack!

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  07:27:02  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Maenad?

Yea one of those, but again I'm not sure what race the main char is....

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  07:29:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

YOU BLASPHEMING HERETIC!

Sirius fetch the rack!

*uses the granted power of a Greater Mark of Passage to escape*
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  07:34:39  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

YOU BLASPHEMING HERETIC!

Sirius fetch the rack!

*uses the granted power of a Greater Mark of Passage to escape*

Unfortunately for you the Morter in the walls of the Dungeon has been soaked with Gorgons blood.

Now where did I put that hot poker and that Britney Spears CD

Ah there they are, NOW YOU WILL KNOW TRUE SUFFERING!

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  07:40:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Unfortunately for you the Morter in the walls of the Dungeon has been soaked with Gorgons blood.

Now where did I put that hot poker and that Britney Spears CD

Ah there they are, NOW YOU WILL KNOW TRUE SUFFERING!

The gorgon's blood doesn't stop this.

*disappears*
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  09:13:40  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hehehehe you guys kill me

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  09:18:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Rad

hehehehe you guys kill me

*taps on head*

Are we sure that's Rad in there?
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2004 :  23:10:28  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I finished it. :)

It was a good read and pretty good for the 1st novel of the priest series.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2004 :  03:10:00  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well I finished it. :)

It was a good read and pretty good for the 1st novel of the priest series.

I ordered it today from Blackwell. I should get it next week. However, spoil me if you don't mind....what happened to Lurue? Back? Not Back? In Limbo?
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2004 :  04:37:02  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I ordered it today from Blackwell. I should get it next week. However, spoil me if you don't mind....what happened to Lurue? Back? Not Back? In Limbo?

She returned at the end. It seemed since she gave power to one of the beings in the novel, it was draining her because the Rotting Man corrupted most of that being and until it was reformed it was draining Lurue.

My opinion is, I guess maybe that being was like a proxy, so it was draining Lurue's divine ranks or deity power.

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2004 :  04:45:16  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
She returned at the end. It seemed since she gave power to one of the beings in the novel, it was draining her because the Rotting Man corrupted most of that being and until it was reformed it was draining Lurue.

My opinion is, I guess maybe that being was like a proxy, so it was draining Lurue's divine ranks or deity power.

Thanks for the summary kuje31. I hope I can be reading the novel by late next week.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000