Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Hail & Well Met
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Talwyn
Learned Scribe

Australia
222 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2004 :  09:34:23  Show Profile  Visit Talwyn's Homepage Send Talwyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings to you all,

I had been meaning for sometime to sign onto the forum boards but life sometimes get's in the way of fun stuff.

just a bit of background on myself: I'm from Perth, Western Australia and have been role-playing since I was for 21 years since I was 12).

I am looking forward to making new friends here and learning more about the realms
So see you out there,

Be well

Talwyn

Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on.
Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun.
EAT LEADEN DEATH DEMON!
Terry Pratchett

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2004 :  10:42:47  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah well good Talwyn, let me be the first to greet you to the halls of Candlekeep then. Yes there are plenty of good folk here and even more lore dealing with the Realms

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Capn Charlie
Senior Scribe

USA
418 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2004 :  10:47:38  Show Profile  Visit Capn Charlie's Homepage Send Capn Charlie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hymn

Yes there are plenty of good folk here and even more lore dealing with the Realms

Ed may be prolific, but is such a thing truly possible?

Anyhow, welcome to hese hallowed halls, though I may not be the most knowledgeable of scribes herein, I do try to make up for it with enthusiasm. This is a good place to be, far surpassing most other forums, in my not so humble opinion. I hope your stay will be as pleasurable as it is long.

Shadows of War: Tales of a Mercenary

My first stab at realms fiction, here at candlekeep. Stop on by and tell me what you think.
Go to Top of Page

Tethtoril
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2004 :  13:11:58  Show Profile  Visit Tethtoril's Homepage Send Tethtoril a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Talwyn!

Won't be long before you have your own desk, quill and inkwell. For now, pull up a stool at the reading tables and begin your voyage in search of lore.

Tethtoril
Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

Sarta
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2004 :  16:41:17  Show Profile Send Sarta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard!

Sarta
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36794 Posts

Posted - 13 Jun 2004 :  17:24:10  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Talwyn
Learned Scribe

Australia
222 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2004 :  01:13:05  Show Profile  Visit Talwyn's Homepage Send Talwyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My thanks to you ll.

Be well

Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on.
Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun.
EAT LEADEN DEATH DEMON!
Terry Pratchett

Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2004 :  18:15:17  Show Profile Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Talwyn, my fellow Chosen!

Welcome to Candlekeep. Here is where we do less of the dancing naked in moonlight, and more of the serious scroll studying. Grab a book!

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2004 :  08:56:07  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sarelle

Hey Talwyn, my fellow Chosen!

Welcome to Candlekeep. Here is where we do less of the dancing naked in moonlight, and more of the serious scroll studying. Grab a book!

We don't dance naked?! Oh!

Ok, welcome Talwyn, and enjoy your stay here.

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est

Edited by - Thelonius on 15 Jun 2004 08:57:28
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000