Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Add another notch on the drow counting board!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zzdtri
Acolyte

Croatia
27 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2004 :  12:49:36  Show Profile  Visit Zzdtri's Homepage Send Zzdtri a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Just when you thought the drow influx subsided, here's one more adition to the evergrowing army of darkness !

Anyhow, I've seen some interesting stuff here and decided to join the community.
A big Hi to everyone, and see you later...

Haley: Hey wait a minute, aren't dark elves evil?

Nale: Oh, my, no. Not since they became a player race. Now the whole species consists of nothing but chaotic good rebels, yearning to throw off the reputation of their evil kin.

Haley: What are the scimitars for?

ZZ'dtri: They're standard issue.

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2004 :  12:57:26  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Zzdtri, welcome to Candlekeep.

...and mind ye leave those scimitars in the cloakroom afore ye enter the library

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Edited by - Alaundo on 27 Apr 2004 12:58:32
Go to Top of Page

Zzdtri
Acolyte

Croatia
27 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2004 :  13:04:11  Show Profile  Visit Zzdtri's Homepage Send Zzdtri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, just as well, I might hurt someone, or myself for that matter. Afterall I am a wizard

Nale: Oh, my, no. Not since they became a player race. Now the whole species consists of nothing but chaotic good rebels, yearning to throw off the reputation of their evil kin.

Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2004 :  13:44:33  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is indeed becoming a disturbing trend . . .

Anyway, I welcome you to Candlekeep. May your star shine bright and long .

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Salabasha
Learned Scribe

Portugal
216 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2004 :  13:49:12  Show Profile  Visit Salabasha's Homepage Send Salabasha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
More evil! Drow there! Drow here! Drow, Drow, everywhere! I say, the future of the keep is looking bright indeed. In a crimson colour more akin to blood that is.

In anycase,
Welcome. Enjoy your stay! May you find the knowledge you seek... and corrupt it to full extent.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Once you eat the poisoned one you die.
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2004 :  19:59:26  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Quiet, Salabasha. I am, after all, one of the Ilythiiri myself.

Welcome to Candlekeep. As the oldest drow among us, I shall be happy to teach you of the wonders of worshipping the Masked Lord, Vhaeraun...

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36794 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2004 :  20:11:16  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep! We're a merry bunch, here. Most of us are reasonably sane and mostly harmless... Enjoy the lore, and enjoy your stay!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Salabasha
Learned Scribe

Portugal
216 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2004 :  20:58:06  Show Profile  Visit Salabasha's Homepage Send Salabasha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert
Most of us are reasonably sane and mostly harmless...

Well... I don't know if most of us are... *Eye twitches as he bites into the arm of his most recent slain foe*

Life is like a box of chocolates. Once you eat the poisoned one you die.
Go to Top of Page

SoulLord
Seeker

Mexico
62 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2004 :  21:18:57  Show Profile  Visit SoulLord's Homepage Send SoulLord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met Dark one

I hope you enjoy your stay in the keep.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Go to Top of Page

arilyn742
Seeker

Ireland
54 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2004 :  22:54:16  Show Profile  Visit arilyn742's Homepage Send arilyn742 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
DAH! Yet more of these dhaerow! If this problem doesn't solve itself I'm going to have to take matters into my own hands...

Well met and welcome!

Yonde iru, mune no doko ka oku de
Itsumo kokoro odoru yume wo mitai
Kanashimi wa kazoekirenai keredo
Sono mukou de kitto anata ni aeru
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2004 :  23:00:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*tries inscribing a notch*
*stick breaks*
Oh, by the Nine Hells...
*heads down the hall*
I'll be back with that new entrance paper...
Go to Top of Page

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2004 :  00:13:34  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lol! Yeah!!! Another drow!

Well met and welcome! If you need anything, feel free to ask. (oh! and for the record, I'm Neutral Good rebeling against my race! ).

~Sadie

"What's that," asked Mogget.
"Sardines," said Sam. "I knew they were standard rations, so I got a few tins for you."
"What are sardines?" Moggest asked suspiciously. "And why is there a key? Is this some sort of Abhorsen joke?"
Abhorsen by Garth Nix

"What you made a vampire...Pomeranian?!" --Hannibal King from Blade Trinity

~Sadie

Edited by - Sadonayerah Odrydin on 28 Apr 2004 04:49:34
Go to Top of Page

Elia
Acolyte

Romania
0 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2004 :  01:26:42  Show Profile  Visit Elia's Homepage Send Elia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Take matters into your own hands, Arilyn? *smiles sarcastically* And what will you do? *amused*

Welcome, new wizard! *small bow*

*sigh* Magicians are the most conniving, jealous, duplicitous, group of people on earth, even including lawyers and academics. They worship power and the wielding thereof, and seek every chance they can to undercut their rivals...

-Jonathan Stroud,
"The Amulet Of Samarkand"

...did I mention I'm a mage?
Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2004 :  21:10:47  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Vedui' lu' al'doer, Zzdtri.

Pay no attention to Shadowlord, my friend. He still persists in the futile worshp of a god that can't compare to one such as Eilistraee.

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

arilyn742
Seeker

Ireland
54 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2004 :  22:00:54  Show Profile  Visit arilyn742's Homepage Send arilyn742 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I guess I don't mind you Eilistraee-ites and neutral good rebelling angainst your race type folks, but the evil ones really get on my nerves. But I guess there's not much I could do about it anyway...

Yonde iru, mune no doko ka oku de
Itsumo kokoro odoru yume wo mitai
Kanashimi wa kazoekirenai keredo
Sono mukou de kitto anata ni aeru
Go to Top of Page

Osieu
Acolyte

26 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2004 :  12:30:36  Show Profile  Visit Osieu's Homepage Send Osieu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met! Zzdtri!
When will you fight the V-whatever from the Order of the Stick?
Go to Top of Page

Zzdtri
Acolyte

Croatia
27 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2004 :  22:22:40  Show Profile  Visit Zzdtri's Homepage Send Zzdtri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@ Osieu

Haha, so I see that someone besides me reads OOTS
I'm not sure about Vaarsuvius yet, first I should neutralize Mr. Burlew, then I'll see, I'm a patiant ma...drow

Oh, and I appreciate the warm welcome everyone!

Go to Top of Page

Fibura Gauntlet
Seeker

United Kingdom
50 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2004 :  14:22:12  Show Profile  Visit Fibura Gauntlet's Homepage Send Fibura Gauntlet a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zzdtri

Haha, so I see that someone besides me reads OOTS
Hi Zzdtri! I don't normally greet newcomers, since I don't post too often, but I laughed out loud when I saw your name and just had to come and welcome you to Candlekeep

... so I guess that makes it three Order of the Stick fans so far

- Fibura Gauntlet
A scrib(bl)e on the margins of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Zzdtri
Acolyte

Croatia
27 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2004 :  00:28:24  Show Profile  Visit Zzdtri's Homepage Send Zzdtri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Hi Zzdtri! I don't normally greet newcomers, since I don't post too often, but I laughed out loud when I saw your name and just had to come and welcome you to Candlekeep

I'm a bit of a lurker myself, but I'm very happy with the reception from the local scribes, so I post a bit more these days.

quote:

OOTS fans of the world UNITE!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Belkar: I've wasted my life on anger and needless rage, when I could have been healing. My eyes are finally open. From this day forward I'm never hurting a living creature ever again.

Vaarsuvius: Dismiss Owl's Wisdom.

Belkar: LET'S KILL THOSE LOSERS!
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2004 :  02:44:09  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I might as well give you welcome, Drizzt. I mean, Zzdtri. Sorry, same letters and all . . . got a bit confused.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Xullrae Zauviir
Acolyte

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2004 :  02:15:07  Show Profile  Visit Xullrae Zauviir's Homepage Send Xullrae Zauviir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not much of a greeter, but I suppose it's not too late to say hello and welcome to the Keep.

Live spelled backwards is evil. Doesn't that mean that there is a measure of evil in everyone? Perhaps it was the god's hidden joke, but why are you scoffing that I admit I'm evil? At least I'm not slaughtering innocents and saying it's good and right. No matter how you look at it, it's still murder and therefore evil. Deep down, you are no better than I am. The only difference is that I may lie to others, but not to myself! ~Xull'rae Zauviir
Go to Top of Page

RogueAssassin
Learned Scribe

USA
207 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2004 :  21:04:59  Show Profile  Visit RogueAssassin's Homepage Send RogueAssassin a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Better make that 4. Welcome to the keep!

-The Rogue

"Spirit. Its a Heros strength, a mothers resiliance, and the poor mans armor. It cannot be broken and it cannot be taken away. This i must belive"---Drizzt Do'Urden
Go to Top of Page

Zzdtri
Acolyte

Croatia
27 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2004 :  12:05:21  Show Profile  Visit Zzdtri's Homepage Send Zzdtri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RogueAssassin

Better make that 4. Welcome to the keep!

Yay! So, howsabout we make our own order o' the stick, or someshuch?

Edited by - Zzdtri on 06 May 2004 12:06:58
Go to Top of Page

Elia
Acolyte

Romania
0 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2004 :  04:35:22  Show Profile  Visit Elia's Homepage Send Elia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by arilyn742

Well, I guess I don't mind you Eilistraee-ites and neutral good rebelling angainst your race type folks, but the evil ones really get on my nerves. But I guess there's not much I could do about it anyway...

Exactly my point ;)

*sigh* Magicians are the most conniving, jealous, duplicitous, group of people on earth, even including lawyers and academics. They worship power and the wielding thereof, and seek every chance they can to undercut their rivals...

-Jonathan Stroud,
"The Amulet Of Samarkand"

...did I mention I'm a mage?
Go to Top of Page

Dracnor
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2004 :  14:39:28  Show Profile  Visit Dracnor's Homepage Send Dracnor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well it seems that the drow population is doing excelent
hehehe

( done in moderation the good will overcome the evil )
Go to Top of Page

Sarta
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2004 :  22:37:06  Show Profile Send Sarta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard. Far better a drow than a furry.

Sarta
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000