Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Amazon puts up new FR & D&D stuff for preorders
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2004 :  04:53:01  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Libris Mortis : The Book of the Undead

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0786934336/ref=pd_ir_b/104-8576068-2744735?v=glance&s=books

The Two Swords

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0786933607/ref=lpr_g_1/104-8576068-2744735?v=glance&s=books

Shining South

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0786934921/ref=ord_cart_shr/104-8576068-2744735?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Frostburn : The Perils of Ice and Snow (interesting I dont recognise any of the authors of this boo)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0786928964/ref=pd_ir_b/104-8576068-2744735?v=glance&s=books

Monster Manual III

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0786934301/ref=pd_ir_b/104-8576068-2744735?v=glance&s=books

October's looking like its going to be even worse than July so far as my bank balance is concerned

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 23 May 2004 04:55:37

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2004 :  05:04:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dargoth, look at your copy of Races of Faerun. James Jacobs was one of its authors. Wolfgang Baur I recognize: Amazon's author credits for him turn up the Dark Matter campaign setting, the Factol's Manifesto and a few other things. George Strayton I have no clue about, on the other hand.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2004 :  05:53:54  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Amazon is so slow at times getting items compared to other online stores. But, they have the nice advantage of allowing the return of merchandise that fails to meet expectations.
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2004 :  10:08:36  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looking at Dargoth's links above, I also saw "Sharn: City of Towers" listed in there... I can't wait to hear what this is!
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2004 :  10:20:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

Looking at Dargoth's links above, I also saw "Sharn: City of Towers" listed in there... I can't wait to hear what this is!

Eberron regional supplement.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2004 :  10:23:47  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Trust me you can, its not our "Sharn" its that other Sharn from that setting with the name that starts with E

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2004 :  14:45:34  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

If you're still looking for particular information for this supplement - even though it supports the Eberron setting - contact me via ethereal mail. I can help...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2004 :  14:51:09  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

Dargoth, look at your copy of Races of Faerun. James Jacobs was one of its authors. Wolfgang Baur I recognize: Amazon's author credits for him turn up the Dark Matter campaign setting, the Factol's Manifesto and a few other things. George Strayton I have no clue about, on the other hand.

I'm glad to see Wolfgang Baur getting more exposure. He's done some incredible work across a variety of settings, from Planescape to Dark Matter[/i] as Arivia mentioned.

George Strayton has been involved with a few PS supplements (he was also a semi-regular contributor to the Mimir for a time), but I've never read anything regarding his other work. He has mentioned that he'd worked in the Alternity[/i] line, although looking through the tomes I have, I can't find anything with his name attached.

Go to Top of Page

Darth KTrava
Learned Scribe

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2004 :  02:11:19  Show Profile  Visit Darth KTrava's Homepage Send Darth KTrava a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

Amazon is so slow at times getting items compared to other online stores. But, they have the nice advantage of allowing the return of merchandise that fails to meet expectations.

That's why I only search amazon for stuff to order locally. Or off ebay at some point...

Evil will be dealt with swiftly as it is my duty to remove such evil from my presence.
-Rozhena, Cleric/Divine Champion of Torm
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2004 :  02:19:48  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Darth KTrava
That's why I only search amazon for stuff to order locally. Or off ebay at some point...

Locally? Shudder. No way here. I'm near a major U.S. city. But, the one gaming store here I would never buy something from. Combine that with the local large book chain store thinking a new release is the FR novel that came out in January and you can see why I look online at stores other than Amazon when it comes to purchasing FR gaming products that have just come out.

FRP games for the most part has been the best for me. However, I only purchase something from them when I know for certain it's an item I'll be keeping.
Go to Top of Page

Wood Elf Ranger
Senior Scribe

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2004 :  05:13:12  Show Profile  Visit Wood Elf Ranger's Homepage Send Wood Elf Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Dargoth, now I wont have to go searching all over to find the new releases

ps. everything but Libris Mortis has been added to my "wish list"

~Lee N.

"Breaktime yes?!.. Yes?.. Maybe?.. Noo, baaack to work.." -Grovel the Goblin from NWN: HotU

Edited by - Wood Elf Ranger on 24 May 2004 05:14:09
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2004 :  05:20:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wood Elf Ranger

Thanks Dargoth, now I wont have to go searching all over to find the new releases

Not a fan of the undead?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36794 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2004 :  05:43:26  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

Not a fan of the undead?

I know I'm not... I mean, I have nothing against the undead, but there's just too dang many of them in the game. Between all the various supplements, monster books, and Dragon Magazine Bestiaries, there's about a gazillion and one different types of undead!

I like the classic, iconic forms of undead. I don't need another "Undead of the week!" critter -- let me pick out some fun iconic undead, add a few ideas from the appropriate Van Richten's Guide, and I'm set.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2004 :  13:51:25  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wood Elf Ranger

And I'm the exact opposite. From Dargoth's list, only The Shining South is on my wish/to buy list. And the only reason that product is there is because of the author.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2004 :  14:02:34  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Frostburn doesn't interest you Sirius? Can you tell me why?

Go to Top of Page

Wood Elf Ranger
Senior Scribe

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2004 :  04:21:58  Show Profile  Visit Wood Elf Ranger's Homepage Send Wood Elf Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do not like the undead at all *shudders* I do agree there are way too many of them as well.

The Shining South is on the top of my list too. I can't wait to read all about Halruaa. I really hope they have a new core class for the Jordain. If not I may try to make one up myself using the Counselors & Kings series by Elaine Cunningham as referance

~Lee N.

"Breaktime yes?!.. Yes?.. Maybe?.. Noo, baaack to work.." -Grovel the Goblin from NWN: HotU
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2004 :  06:17:55  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

quote:

Trust me you can, its not our "Sharn" its that other Sharn from that setting with the name that starts with E

What? Darn! are they going to start confusing me like this in order to lure me to Eberron?

But Sharn... I mean... coincidence or something else?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31716 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2004 :  09:40:15  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No there isn't. There's a particular reason why the City of Towers is called Sharn, but that tale is outside the scope of this forum.

Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2067 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2004 :  17:34:50  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Jordain are detailed here already: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/fr/jordain

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2004 :  20:47:12  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am really looking forward to the Shining South,

1. I love the area

2. I just read the "Empires of the Shining Sea accessori, always nice to expand even further east

3. I am hoping it will contain some more tidbits on Imaskari, since it contains areas like Estagund, Var the Golden, and Durpar. / Yeah I know I am an Imaskari junki.

Libris Mortis also looks interesting, haven't read up on it so much yet, so ...

Monster Manual III What beside "grrr" can I say, tooth, beak and fang.

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Thomas M. Reid
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

334 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2004 :  00:19:14  Show Profile  Visit Thomas M. Reid's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hymn

3. I am hoping it will contain some more tidbits on Imaskari

I hate to break the bad news to you, but it doesn't. I realize they were in the area (at least peripherally), but the Underdark sourcebook didn't arrive in my mailbox until I was nearly finished with the design, so there was really no way to incorporate them. Even if I had known more about them beforehand, I simply didn't have room to cover everything. When you consider the totality of the area I did cover, it's at least a quarter of the existing land on the map.

Thomas

"A knight is not truly virtuous, only truly resolved to be so."

www.thomasmreid.com
Go to Top of Page

Wood Elf Ranger
Senior Scribe

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2004 :  01:42:34  Show Profile  Visit Wood Elf Ranger's Homepage Send Wood Elf Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

Jordain are detailed here already: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/fr/jordain

--Eric

Thanks Eric!

~Lee N.

Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2004 :  02:03:18  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas M. Reid

quote:
Originally posted by Hymn

3. I am hoping it will contain some more tidbits on Imaskari

I hate to break the bad news to you, but it doesn't. I realize they were in the area (at least peripherally), but the Underdark sourcebook didn't arrive in my mailbox until I was nearly finished with the design, so there was really no way to incorporate them. Even if I had known more about them beforehand, I simply didn't have room to cover everything. When you consider the totality of the area I did cover, it's at least a quarter of the existing land on the map.

Thomas

A pooie, . Oh well guess that's just leave more for me to think up about them then. Which is what I like to do, so ... Thnx for warning me though. I still like the areas above I mentioned, especially Var the Golden.

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Darth KTrava
Learned Scribe

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2004 :  04:36:30  Show Profile  Visit Darth KTrava's Homepage Send Darth KTrava a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:

Locally? Shudder. No way here. I'm near a major U.S. city. But, the one gaming store here I would never buy something from. Combine that with the local large book chain store thinking a new release is the FR novel that came out in January and you can see why I look online at stores other than Amazon when it comes to purchasing FR gaming products that have just come out.

FRP games for the most part has been the best for me. However, I only purchase something from them when I know for certain it's an item I'll be keeping.

Waldenbooks is usually pretty good with getting the new stuff. Novels arrive quicker on the average than gamebooks. But they still get them and can order for you. And I can also get the minis there. The hobby shop in a local mall wouldn't deal with them.

Evil will be dealt with swiftly as it is my duty to remove such evil from my presence.
-Rozhena, Cleric/Divine Champion of Torm
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2004 :  04:42:35  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Waldenbooks is usually pretty good with getting the new stuff. Novels arrive quicker on the average than gamebooks. But they still get them and can order for you. And I can also get the minis there. The hobby shop in a local mall wouldn't deal with them.

Your Waldenbooks is good. The one where I lived a year ago, well, at least it had a gaming section. They placed it right near the Christian section for awhile which brought me a great deal of amusement for reasons best left unsaid. However, the store was still very slow about getting in stuff, but yes, novels would come in faster than gamebooks. Still, if I was waiting on Elminster's Daughter from that store, I'd still be waiting and probably be told, "it's not published yet. But, while you are waiting for it to be released, would you like a copy of the newest "Left Behind" novel?"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000