Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Faction downtime activities
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Salmonellius
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2024 :  09:05:31  Show Profile Send Salmonellius a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello,

Where may I find the specific faction downtime activities ?
In the adventurers League player guide of Tyranny of dragons V1, it is written, for rank 3:
quote:
Faction Downtime Activity. You gain access to a faction-specific downtime activity that gives you additional benefits when you use it. The specific downtime activities and benefits will be released in the next update of this guide.

So where is the v2 ?

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3242 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2024 :  13:03:41  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No idea. With the new edition coming out, it maybe postponed?

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2419 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2024 :  20:01:59  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Salmonellius

Where may I find the specific faction downtime activities ?
In the adventurers League player guide of Tyranny of dragons V1, it is written, for rank 3:
quote:
Faction Downtime Activity. You gain access to a faction-specific downtime activity that gives you additional benefits when you use it. The specific downtime activities and benefits will be released in the next update of this guide.

So where is the v2 ?

Must there be one?
Those who wrote it referred to something that was only in the sketched plans, as if the end-user could actually use non-existent stuff, rather than releasing something viable on its own and then update it in v2.
Then they could just wander off somewhere else. Or be herded somewhere else.
How would this be even possible unless all those involved either:
A: live way too far in the La-La Land to be fully capable of understanding the difference between things that actually exist and things that are vaguely sketched and maybe will exist at some point, or
B: have utter disrespect to the end user?
I prefer to call D&D4 "Shroom Edition" for exactly this reason. Such mental dysfunctions seem to be common in these products (for another example, see this Keep on the Shadowfell analysis). And its derivatives don't even seem coherent enough to earn a specific designation like this, which is, ahem, not a good sign either.

Now, back to RPG. Could you imagine this premise (in a variety of starting settings): some people whose brains work like this grew hubris to assume they are stable geniuses and could actually run any sort of a show, then got power to try and impose their ways of doing things on some business, or some country? How would this hypothetical situation develop?

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch

Edited by - TBeholder on 03 Aug 2024 21:06:45
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000