Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 DDO next expansion set in Myth Drannor
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Demzer
Senior Scribe

873 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2024 :  15:09:26  Show Profile Send Demzer a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Fellow Scribes,

just an heads up that DDO has officially announced it's next game expansion will be set in Myth Drannor and will involve Red Wizards trying to gather power somehow connected to Wild Magic. Details will be under wrap until close to release (projected for the 3rd quarter of the year).

The canonicity of DDO's expansions is dubious because of the uncertain (or rather quickly shifting) definition of canon by Wizards, but most of the events in the previous Forgotten Realms related expansions and adventure packs were coordinated with stuff happening in other D&D media (drows and the Darkening in "Menace of the Underdark", Graz'zt strolling free in the Underdark in "Mines of Tethyamar" at the same time of the "Out of the Abyss" storyline, shades messing with Cormyr in "Shadowfell Conspiracy", ...).

So we might see something regarding Myth Drannor coming this year.

For any willing scribe that regularly uses Twitter/X or on patreon, could you ping Ed to ask if he had any involvement as a consultant/advisor? He already worked with DDO and did the DM narration for the entire "Halls of Eveningstar" quest pack

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2024 :  17:02:05  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had no idea DDO was still around.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Demzer
Senior Scribe

873 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2024 :  11:10:06  Show Profile Send Demzer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I had no idea DDO was still around.

It's "d00m" has been predicted many a times but it still lumbers on, with new grinds and moneygrabbing techniques.
I think it still offers the more complex character-building (in terms of options) available, reminiscent of the 3.5-era days between classes, races, enhancement trees and all the mixing and matching that can be done.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000